Misunderstandings

Malfunctions (The Red Thread of Fate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Jimin's laugh filled the entire house. Seokjin just shook his head from his lying position on the couch as he heard Taehyung whining about Jeongguk. Both of them seated at the dining table, drinking milk. They had gotten home fifteen minutes ago, and went to the kitchen immediately after Jimin showered. They were talking so loud that Seokjin could hear them from the living room, but that was no surprise. His younger brother was always loud. 

 

     Taehyung pouted. He had stayed for the remaining time of the dance practice, glaring daggers at Jeongguk. He had also took every opportunity to cling onto Jimin every time he wasn't dancing just to spite the younger boy. And he made sure every moment of skinship was seen by Jeongguk. He did cling onto Jimin on normal basis but it was definitely more than normal. Even his best friend himself noticed. Jimin had asked him the reason of the excessive skinship once they got home. 

 

"Oh my god, Jimin. He's such a jerk!" Taehyung exclaimed, sounding annoyed but looking adorable with a strawberry milk moustache which he after. 

 

"Who? That guy in the drama again?" Jimin asked, and Taehyung gave him a blank look. 

 

"No, Chim, Jeon Jeongguk! I don't care what you say. He's a rude piece of ," he answered, taking Jimin by surprise. 

 

"What did he do to you?" he quizzed next, drinking his milk calmly. 

 

     So, Taehyung told him what had happened and that led to Jimin laughing his heart out, causing him to almost fall off the chair he was sitting on. Seokjin who was merely listening finally came to join the best friends at the dining table, pouring himself some orange juice. Milk was only for the kids. Plus, Taehyung would always cry and sulk when people took his strawberry milk, and Jimin would ignore him for a month if he had some of his chocolate milk. They were really quite the duo, those two. 

 

Wait, Seokjin hasn't been introduced properly yet, has he? 

 

     Well, Kim Seokjin is their mother figure, also Taehyung's older brother. Taehyung had initially came to Seoul alone after he got the scholarship at Seoul Wings Academy. He met Jimin, a lost boy from Busan, whom he immediately got along with. Seokjin was really worried about his baby brother being away from the family. Sure, Taehyung was already old enough to take care of himself. But he was not called the 'baby' of the family for nothing. All Seokjin can say is that he is really thankful for the presence of Park Jimin. 

 

     Seokjin started living with them after his fourth visit, around two months after Taehyung left for Seoul. He had been horrified at the amount of takeout and instant food that the two boys had consumed that he decided then and there that he would move in. And he did. Two weeks later, they were in a bigger apartment with three bedrooms, one for each. Seokjin worked as a chef in a restaurant down the street and paid most for the expenses but as long as 'his kids' live well, he is content. 

"Jeongguk's nice though. He's just bad with words," Jimin said, still panting from his laugh. 

 

"He called me pathetic!" Taehyung hissed, very upset that his own best friend wasn't giving him support, especially since the whole situation involved him. 

 

"Don't be upset, baby. He just didn't know," Seokjin sighed, patting his baby brother's head. 

 

"Hyung, stop calling me that. Next thing you know, he'll suspect that I'm cheating on Jimin with you," Taehyung whined with an edge of sarcasm. 

 

"Whatever you say, baby," Seokjin laughed, emphasising on the nickname. 

 

"That'd be... so epic," Jimin snorted, before bursting into another fit of laughter. 

 

Taehyung was so done. 

 

"You guys are meanies," he huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. 

 

"Aww, don't you love us, baby?" Seokjin teased, and Jimin was full on crying on the floor, holding his stomach. 

 

"I hate you both," he mumbled sulkily, before going into his room. 

 

-

 

+

 

-

 

+

 

-

 

+

 

-

 

     The next few days, Taehyung kept on his act as Jimin's boyfriend and his best friend gladly played along. There was really not much difference to their usual skinship so nobody would call them out on it. It was perfect. Taehyung also frequented their dance practices where he got to see the full effect of his acting, if Jeongguk's very noticeable annoyance was anything to go by. He would watch them dance, ready with a towel to wipe away Jimin's sweat when he's done and he would let the slightly older boy lay his head on his lap.

 

     Since the dance club members were all aware of the two boys' never ending bouts of skinship, some of the members loved to tease them, especially the transferee from Thailand, Bambam and his boyfriend, Yugyeom. Taehyung usually got really shy when they did catcalls and told them to get a room but it all worked in their favour this time. Seeing Jeongguk so irritated was like a prize for Taehyung. He never thought Jeongguk would ever do something about it though. 

 

     So, when Jeongguk followed him to the washroom one day and locked the door behind them, he was quite nervous. It was after school hours, as the dance practices were usually in the evenings. There was no students lingering about during this time of the day. Taehyung couldn't really shout for help even if he wanted to. He also helpfully left his phone with Jimin who wanted to play games since his own phone was dead with no battery. 

 

"I thought I told you already," Jeongguk started the conversation, calmly leaning against the door to prevent his exit. 

 

"And I thought I told you to mind your own business," Taehyung snarled, putting on a brave front despite his erratically beating heart. 

 

"You don't understand," Jeongguk sighed before wanting to continue but Taehyung cut him off. 

 

"Yes, yes I don't. I don't understand why you are meddling into our business. Why is it that you're trying to break us up?" he demanded, and Jeongguk looked at him in shock. 

 

"I... can't tell you that," the younger boy looked away. 

 

"Great," Taehyung scoffed, and the younger shot him a glare. 

 

"But you're just digging your own grave. Jimin likes someone else. If you break up with him, you'll only be saving yourself," Jeongguk elaborated, raising his gaze to meet Taehyung's again, who almost shuddered at the penetrative dark orbs. 

 

Almost. 

 

"I don't care, and you shouldn't, either. Stay out of our relationship," he said, stepping in front of Jeongguk, "Now, get out of my way," 

 

"No," Jeongguk glared at him and Taehyung returned the favour. 

 

     Taehyung grabbed the doorknob, but Jeongguk was quick to pull his wrist away. The older boy actually knew he was no match for Jeongguk so he was extremely grateful when there was a knock on the door, with Jimin's voice calling out his name. Jeongguk seemed surprised and Taehyung took the opportunity to unlock the door. At the same time, Jimin twisted the doorknob and kicked the door open, pushing Jeongguk who was behind the door onto Taehyung. 

 

     Jimin blinked at the sight in front of him. Jeongguk had one of his arms secured around Taehyung, hand gripping the back of his sweater and the other hand on the wall to stop himself from falling. Taehyung, meanwhile, had both of his hands tightly holding onto Jeongguk's sides. From Jimin's point of view, it looked like they were in an awkward hug. So, he made his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter