Prologue - Rude

Malfunctions (The Red Thread of Fate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     Taehyung was only a student among many in school. He wasn't popular, but he wasn't ostracised. Quite a number of people knew him. He was good looking, yes, with his feline eyes, sharp nose and pouty lips but he was also a glasses-wearing student. He didn't really know why every person with problematic eyesight is deemed a nerd, but the label was stamped on him the moment he put on his round glasses. 

 

     Contrary to popular belief, the cause of his deteriorated eyesight wasn't really reading too many books, because despite him liking to read, he was very picky and rarely had a good book to match his tastes. Instead, he played too many video games, especially since he and his best friend Jimin spent the whole summer sleeping over at each other's house, spending time until early morning the next day. Their sleeping schedule is ed up, really. 

 

     Besides, the glasses were a gift to him from his grandmother who just passed away. He remembered getting a scolding when he was prescribed to wear glasses. But his grandmother cheered him up and payed for the glasses, saying it was a gift. It also meant that he should take care of his eyes better. It was meaningful, a touching memoire. 

 

     Anyway, Taehyung wasn't exactly known in school. However, that changed because of his best friend, Park Jimin. Jimin was in the dance club, performing in school festivals which really made everyone in school know him. The best friends were always attached by the hip, so when you know Park Jimin, you'll also know Taehyung. They also live together, since the reason they could last in Seoul so long is probably that they had each other the whole time. Jimin was from Busan, and Taehyung from Daegu. 

 

     If you know Taehyung, you'll know that Taehyung really was hard to anger, which was why it got everyone surprised when Jeon Jeongguk arrived in the picture. Nobody had seen Taehyung so annoyed with anyone or anything, not even Jimin. Although Jimin was one one the reasons he was annoyed by the younger but mostly it was Jeongguk himself. 

 

"Taehyung! Have you heard? This new kid in the dance club is awesome! His moves are really sharp and precise," was the first time Jimin indirectly mentioned him. 

 

"That's great! Maybe you guys will win that dance competition this year," he had replied happily. 

 

     Slowly, he learned that this awesome new kid's name is Jeon Jeongguk. Jimin talked about him so much that Taehyung was kind of tired of it to be honest. He would have thought Jimin had a crush on this Jeongguk if he didn't know about his best friend's infatuation with the piano prodigy senior, Min Yoongi. But then, Taehyung went to their practice room one day and finally met Jeongguk. 

 

     At first, he thought that Jimin was definitely exaggerating. He had entered when the group was dancing so he just sat quietly at the back while waiting for Jimin. He knew most of the dance members so he immediately assumed the new face to be this Jeongguk. From wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter