(2) As Long As I Have You

Since The Moment We Met...

* Jonghyun and Kibum's Middle School Graduation* 

"Eommaaa come on we are going to be late!" Kibum complains to his mom while taking pre-graduation pictures with his best friend Jonghyun in the front yard of Kibum's home.

 "Aigoo our babies are all grown up!" she replies while wiping away a few tears seeing her handsome son and best friend in their middle school cap and gown. 

In the midst of the tears shed by their moms and even Kibum's dad, Jonghyun's noona Song Dam lightens the mood by saying "Ya, at least Key and Jjong can finally

go to a school that is based around their passion for performing!"  

The two Kim families go way back to when Kibum and Jonghyun met each other on their first day of primary school in music class quickly discovering they both share a

love for music that would be the start of an incredible best friendship. 

"Darling, come on our boys need to get going you can finish taking pictures after graduation okay?" Kibum's father gently reminds the emotional proud mother nodding in

a silent reply that says "Ne okay." 

 both boys take that as a cue to head for Jonghyun's mom's car with the doors now unlocked thanks to Song Dam standing by the car with the keys placed in her palm.

Kibum's parents unlock their own car and get in to drive in the direction towards the venue where the ceremony will be taking place.  

Meanwhile in the other car, Jonghyun's mom sits in the driver's seat with Song Dam settled in the passenger seat. 

Jonghyun and Kibum take off both their caps as they sit right next to each other in the back only focusing on each other. They pull their seatbelts over their laps until the

sound of click is heard as Kibum rests his head on Jonghyun's shoulder while the car is backing out of the driveway on their way to the venue. 

With Kibum still resting his head on the other's shoulder, Jonghyun reaches over to take Kibum's hand in his own lacing both of their hands in a comforting and secure hold. 

After some time of calming silence within the car Jjong hears a small sniffle from the boy on his shoulder, knowing the reason for Kibum's tears he whispers to him

"Bummie you won't lose me I promise. I will always be here for you, I love you so so so so much. " Jonghyun moves his free hand to lightly caress Key's own hand intertwined with his in a way of soothing his emotional best friend until they arrive at the graduation venue.

Before getting out of the car Jonghyun lifts Key's head to see the glistening tears compiled in a mix of feelings that are hard to describe into one word. 

Placing his hands on the taller boy's face he smiles softly while looking directly in the other's eyes still dripping with beautiful tears as Jonghyun coos in a gentle voice

"shh shh hey hey it's okay breathe baby breathe. Bummie I love you so much and after this we are going right back to my house today to be together for our friday night sleepover like we always do okay?" 

After a much needed comfort session he nods  as Jonghyun brushes away the remaining tears threatening to fall from Kibum's beautiful almond feline like eyes before  grabbing their caps and stepping out the car. 

The two walk together hand in hand into the building as they find their place in line a few minutes before they walk with the rest of their graduating class. 

When Jonghyun and Kibum walk up to get their degrees, both boys let the tears fall and have no intention on hiding their crying faces. 

 

 *After Middle School graduation back in Jonghyun's mom's car* 

 

Both boys are snuggled up together with puffy red eyes and constant sniffling in the back with their degrees placed safely next on the seat to Jonghyun's left as Kibum curls up closer to the warmth of Jonghyun. 

Kibum reaches out his left hand successfully lacing their hands just like earlier. Even though both were crying, Jonghyun was crying a bit harder than Key. 

In an effort of comfort, The feline like boy stretched his right hand over to lightly rub over Jonghyun's right leg for the remainder of the ride while continuing to cry with the person he cares about more than anyone or anything. 

 

* In Jonghyun's bedroom* 

After both boys took showers, they sat down on his bed with their backs against the fluffy pillows propped up on the wooden framed headboard. 

Jonghyun felt like he was about to burst into tears again. Noticing his expression change, Kibum became worried and lifted his left hand to run his fingers through the other's damp hair for comfort. 

"Jjong?... are you okay?" he asks while running his fingers through Jonghyun's hair.  

Closing his eyes at the touch and as an attempt to prevent any possible tears he mumbles "Moments like this.."  confused by what Jonghyun meant by that he asks "huh?" 

"Moments like this are what makes me happy." he says a bit louder time time. "As long as I have you to have a shoulder to cry on, to give me hugs,to comfort me,to be affectionate like this" Points to Kibum's hand in his hair. "I can do just about anything as long as we have each other. " 

Turning to his right he sees those lovely almond feline eyes shining with tears and goes to brush one tear away on the left cheek. 

Kibum giggles through his tears to see the sight before him of an equally as emotional puppy smiling back at him. 

"Jjongie?" a few seconds later "Ne Bummie?" Kibum releases his hand to intertwine his and Jonghyun's together while keeping direct eye contact with the boy before saying " As long as I have you... the world and high school doesn't seem so scary anymore. I love you. "

"Ya Kibummie?"  "Ne Jjong?" a few seconds pass... "I love you more." 

After that, they went underneath the sheet as Jonghyun pulled the other into a warm embrace placing both hands on Kibum's back as he started to rub soothing circles letting their tears subside into a sweet slumber. 

 

*Sorry! It's been forever since the first chapter. I hope you enjoy this very long chapter of my favorite ship from SHINee <3*