(1) We Are Forever

Since The Moment We Met...

*MIDDLE SCHOOL(Last Year of M.S. both are in the same grade)*

Jonghyun and Kibum were walking on the way to Jonghyun's house after school to have their usual Friday night sleepover every week. The school isn't too far from where both live considering the two best friends live right next door to each other. After walking and talking about how much they love music class and chorus they finally reach the front door surrounded by windows illuminated by the soft glow of the living room inside. Jonghyun unlocks the door as he politely gestures for the younger to walk in first. After he locked it again they took off both shoes and ran upstairs to the direction of Jonghyun's bedroom.

 

Once they were in his bedroom the older moved across the room to turn on the navy blue covered lamp on top of the nightstand spreading a soft glow throughout the room. Kibum immediately knew to pull out an extra blanket and pillow for himself to rest well with his best friend on Jonghyun's wooden framed bed and comfortable mattress. A few moments later both take quick showers and change out of their school uniform into comfortable warm pajamas.

"Jjong?" Key asked with a curious tone as observing the other sitting at his desk chair quietly humming and strumming his acoustic guitar to a new song he was currently working on. Jonghyun and Kibum both share the same dream, to be a successful songwriting and singing duo unit for a major company like S.M. Entertainment one day.

"Ne Key?" he said while taking a short break from playing while holding the guitar in his lap looking into the younger's almond feline eyes with his big brown puppy eyes.

"How is the new song coming along?" Kibum asked while sitting on the gray comforter lying across the bed playing with the hem on the bottom of his long sleeved shirt .

"It's okay I guess, I just wish I could be half as amazing as you." Jonghyun says as he places the instrument in the guitar stand. Hearing the insecurity within his best friend's voice, Kibum motions his right hand at Jonghyun to sit next to him. 

 

"Jonghyun I have told you this a million times, you are an incredible songwriter and not to mention an amazing singer." 'Jonghyun sighed heavily' " What's wrong Jjong?" Kibum asks while holding Jonghyun's left hand looking straight into Jonghyun's eyes holding back tears threatening to fall.

"High School..the one place where we could lose each other forever." The tears fell down his face as Kibum wiped away a few tears with his free hand then pulling him in for an embrace releasing his other hand to wrap both arms around a now sobbing Jonghyun.

"You won't lose me Jjong." Key spoke in a gentle voice while running both hands up and down his back as comfort.

"I promise you and I will never say goodbye. We are forever ok?" Nodding in Kibum's chest is the only answer he needs. Kibum then loosens his hold as Jonghyun sits up Kibum wraps one arm around his shoulder as the still teary eyed boy leans his head onto Key's shoulder.

"Bummie?" Jonghyun sniffles as he flutters his eyes to a close.

"Ne Jjongie?" a quiet silence is filled with the sounds of Jonghyun's sniffles and tears falling before he continues.

"Thank you." surprised by the sudden statement Kibum smiles just enough to show his dimples.

"What for?" he asked leaning his head next to Jonghyun's as he draws invisible circles on his best friend's arm and shoulder.

"Just for everyday up until this point and in advance for years to come." Touched by his sweet words Key holds back some tears of his own as they sit in silence in that position for a few minutes before turning off the light and getting under the sheets face to face already drifting off to sleep comfortably knowing they will be together forever.