Polaris - Chapter 4

Polaris: The North Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

“Do you want to have our tutorials at the rooftop starting tomorrow?” You suddenly asked in the middle of a statistic lesson. I can still remember your face as you put your pencil down and faced me. You looked like you were so done with me always gazing away, my mind floating everywhere far from what you are teaching.

I was taken aback. I don’t know what to say. I just stared at you for a long time. Nowadays, staring at you has becoming more familiar and somehow, comforting.

“Well, just if you want to.” You added, almost hesitant and close to taking back the idea you just suggested.

“I’d love to.” I replied almost immediately. I wanted to tell you more how much I love that idea.

“Well, that’s good. Because I have seen you take your fondness of the stars to the next level so I thought it might be a good idea to do it there and just bring up a lamp.”

“Thank you.” I said and looked down.

“Well, that’s the first time. I didn’t know you know how to thank people.” You teased.

I felt redness all over my face so I looked down. “I take it back.”

“What? No, it’s not fair!!” You whined and whined and asked me to thank you again. I bet you had no idea how thankful I am for this moment. For what you have done to my life, and what you were about to do.

 

The next day, I almost tripped on my way to the rooftop, excited to see you and the star that I always look at. I found you there, sitting with the mattress that I use, reading a book while furrowing your eyebrows. I took a moment to fully take you in, your round spectacles were almost falling, your eyebrows were full and faint, your dandy short haircut that falls just below your hairline, your cheeks were a little plump and chubby and you take in heavy breaths, too immersed with the book that you are reading.

“You look too serious there.” I said while walking towards you and you looked up with your mouth open and smiled after recognizing me.

“This book is just so good.” You replied, flipping the book back on its cover page and looking at it like it was the most majestic thing you saw.

“Really? I don’t read Korean books.” I informed you.

“Really? Why not?” You put the book down and looked at me with your head slightly tilted. I noticed how your almost-falling spectacles went with gravity and tilted sideways too.

“It’s all about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter