Coffee

Behind The Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Call him. Call him right now.” Your friend stared at you with annoyance.

 

“I can’t.” You groaned.

 

“It’s been three days. The poor guy probably thinks you’re a snob.” She whined, tilting her head for dramatic effect.

 

“First off, Minseok’s not poor. Second off, I’d be a snob if I called.”

 

“Were you interested before you knew how much he donated?”

 

“Well, yeah-”

 

“Then, you’re not a snob for calling. He gave you his number for a reason, and it wasn’t for it to just sit in your phone.”

 

It was intimidation that had been keeping you from calling him. He clearly came from a different side of life that you probably weren’t welcome in. But his innocent laugh and sweet smile filled your thoughts. He was such a gentleman as well but was still playful. You knew he was your type, regardless of his money. Maybe you should just try, and if it doesn’t work, you can throw it in your friend’s face.

 

With a deep sigh, you pulled up his contact and stared at it. Your friend watched you impatiently. She cleared to break your thoughts. Her arm reached across your dining table, her finger tapping the call button. You gasped in panic.

 

“Put it up to your ear!” She hissed. You did as she said, hearing the rings of connection. A nervous sweat broke out over your body; you weren’t even this nervous when you met him.

 

“Your call has been-” You hung up, “He didn’t answer.”

 

“Maybe he’s busy.”

 

“Maybe he doesn’t want to talk to me.”

 

“He wouldn’t even know it’s you. He doesn’t have your number.”

 

You whined letting your forehead fall to the table.

 

-

 

The running water of the faucet could have easily sang you to sleep as you brushed your teeth. You spent the rest of the day having a chick flick marathon with your friend. It was almost 11 pm, and you were strangely tired. You sluggishly scrubbed your teeth when you heard your phone go off in your bedroom. Expecting your friend to be calling about the jacket she left, you answered with your toothbrush still in your mouth.

 

“Y/N?” Minseok’s voice filled your ear.

 

Jerking the brush out, you tried to speak with a mouthful of toothpaste, “Oh, my god. Give me one second.” You ran to the sink and quickly rinsed your mouth. “Are you still there?”

 

He chuckled, “Yeah, I’m sorry to be calling so late. Some work kept me late.”

 

“On a Saturday?”

 

“Yeah, the entertainment business doesn’t have weekends off.” He joked. “I’m kind of surprised you called though.”

 

“Why would you be?”

 

“I just didn’t think you would… But I’m really glad you did.”

 

“Me too.” You smiled to yourself.

 

“I know it’s almost midnight, but do you… do you want to go get coffee with me?” He asked, nerves hitting him.

 

“I would love to, but I seriously look like a hobo right now.”

 

“So do I.”

 

“If I go, you promise you’ll still be interested after you see me like this?”

 

“Of course. Now, what’s your address?”

 

That was very straightforward and creepy. You felt your body heat up quickly. “Uh, why?”

 

“I’m going to pick you up.”

 

“Oh, you don’t have to do that.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter