Prince Charming

Behind The Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You tugged at the strap of your formal dress as your friend hurried you out of the car. A large charity gala was being held by her work, and as an employee she had to attend. The twist was if she goes, so do you. The dress you stuffed yourself into hadn’t been worn in a few years. You were surprised you could even zip it up to be honest.

 

The venue for the gala was an extravagant hotel. You wondered how much money they spent reserving a banquet hall that could have been donated to the charities they sponsored. There were so many other companies attending as well. You felt small compared to all the important looking people socializing with each other. Your friend lightly tugged your arm to the open bar; she had the right idea.

 

Only classy drinks were available, of course. You settled for a Gimlet and attempted to sip on it to make it last a while. It was already a small drink and before you knew it, the glass was empty. Sighing into the cup, you sat it back on the counter. Your friend had been chatting with a coworker for some time, leaving you to busy yourself with something which was now gone. You turned to the bartender and ordered a water. This was a sophisticated event, therefore it wasn’t acceptable to get drunk right out the gate.

 

You went to face your friend to find her missing. She would leave you. Leaning on the bar, you looked at the bottles of alcohol lining the wall waiting for your water. When the glass was sat in front of you, someone leaned on the counter next to you. Curiosity got the best of you, and you glanced at the person.

 

The most beautiful guy you had ever seen was standing next to you. His dark hair gelled up perfectly, his complexion flawless, his outfit accentuating his body just right. Your heart beat a little bit faster. Then he peered at you with his dark brown eyes, and you felt like you were about to have a heart attack. He smiled so adorably at you. Not able to help it, you smiled back hoping it was just as cute as his.

 

“You come here alone?” He asked, his voice just as attractive as his face.

 

“Oh, no, but I don’t even know where the person I came here with is.” You answered but then mentally kicked yourself.

 

“Oh, so you have date?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter