Slowly Getting Somewhere.

Walking the Wild Beat

Day 2 _________________________________________________

"Go for Jeon."

"Do you need to do that like, every time?" Yoongi asked, side-eyeing the over-eager bunny. They were only being called out to a little store run by Jackson's mate Mark, who happened to be an Omega wolf. To this day, Mark and Jackson were the only couple Yoongi knew that were roughly of the same animal family, although Mark was a red wolf and Jackson was a grey wolf. Because of Mark's rare animal hybrid, he grew up to be very wealthy from modeling contracts, thus leading to him opening up his very own clothing store. It was high-end and pricy, so shoplifters were common. Usually Jackson liked to go and help out his mate (while also saving the day like the hero he always proclaimed he was) and threw a fit when the chief told him to sit this one out and let the rookie go instead.

Even though Jungkook didn't know Jackson well, he knew he would probably end up having to buy him a coffee to gain his favor back. Yoongi already knew he would have to.

Once arriving at the high-end boutique-style store, which was decked out in gold and shades of black, Jungkook immediately got to work surveying the area. Once inside, they saw the red wolf, standing beside a man who was handcuffed to a sturdy metal chair.

"Hello." Mark reached out to shake hands with Jungkook, his sharp canines peeking out. Jungkook also took note of the golden band wrapped snugly around Marks left ring finger. "I'm Mark Tuan, Jackson's mate. And this man over here is my burglar for the day."

"Burglar for the day?" Jungkook reiterated, confused by the older's choice of words.

"Yeah, we usually see quite a few customers so naturally we get a thief or two every so often. He just happens to be my lucky winner, right?" Mark smiled happily at the man. The disgrunted shoplifter (a flamingo, Jungkook realized) looked like he wanted to spit in the glamorous male's face, but refrained.

As they filled out the necessary paperwork and Yoongi loaded up their suspect into the patrol car, Jungkook started a conversation with Mark. For some reason the elder just seemed to provide a comforting aura, making the bunny feel relaxed. "What's it like?"

"What is what like? Being a wolf?" Mark looked up from where he was writing his contact info on the sheet.

Jungkook blushed. "No...being mated."

"Ahh." Mark smiled, canines poking out again as he looked back down at the papers. "It really depends on the person. Some people love being around their mates, others can't stand the feeling of being tied to someone. I got very lucky with Jackson. A lot of other potential matches I had at the time would have killed me or sold me on the black market. Not Jackson though. He loved me from the very beginning, and has always treated me as though I'm special, and not just my animal."

"Wow." Jungkook hoped that soon he would be able to talk about his Jimin in such a loving way. His Jimin? What was he thinking? He quickly brought up another question that had been on his mind to distract himself. "How did you two meet, anyway?"

Mark put the final flourishes on his signature before he passed the paper to the younger officer. "If you can believe it, at a gaming convention. My friend Youngjae had dragged me to it and Jackson was there since he was a fairly famous LPer and commentator. We locked eyes as he was playing a tournament. He lost the match, but he gained a mate." Mark then shooed him out the door, telling him he could always come in for a discount. However Jungkook was fairly certain that even with a discount he couldn't afford half of the stuff in Mark's store.

"Well, he was nice." he told Yoongi as they drove back to the station, the flustered flamingo still huffing once in a while in the backseat.

"He was such a before he met Wang though." Yoongi preferred to use the officers' last names when in front of suspects. "Youngjae used to say he was stone cold, hardly displayed any emotion. Meeting Wang just happened to make him melt."

"Aw, how sweet." the flamingo sneered to the back of the officer's head.

"How sweet that you'll get to meet Wang and tell him all about how you tried to steal from his beloved mate. He really hates people who try to disrespect his Mark, he's a very protective, strong Alpha." Yoongi remarked.

They could hear the flamingo gulp out of fear.

"Anyway, what kept you in there for so long?" Yoongi turned to look at his new partner.

"I asked him about something." When Jungkook saw Yoongi wasn't going to let him end it there, he elaborated. "About mates."

"Ah, wondering about our Jiminnie right?" the older Alpha scratched his chin. "I really mean it, he's an absolute sweetheart. All he really wants is to be loved. Now that he's found you, he'd do anything for you. But let me let you in on a little secret." Jungkook leaned closer to the console, wanting to hear what Yoongi had to say about his mate.

"He loves dancing. Has ever since he was a little kit as far as I know, even smaller than when I had met him. He's never been able to do it from lack of stability, but now that he has you maybe he can finally go for it. Maybe you can help him." And with that the fox leaned back in his seat, closing his eyes for the rest of the trip.

Jungkook was certain that he would do anything to help Jimin, and began thinking of ways he could ask his closest dancing friend, Hoseok, for help.

As they walked back into the station, Jackson gripping their newly acquired friend's arm quite tightly as he maneuvered the man over to his desk, he stopped by to talk with Jin.

"Jin? You said that you used to strip, right?" Jungkook heard Namjoon choke on the sip of coffee he had just taken.

"Yes Kookie," Jin just smiled up at him politely. "What about it?"

"Well I was just wondering...do you know how to dance? I mean you must, if you were doing that kind of job but I just mean..." he started rambling.

"Oh Kookie!" Jin started as he laughed at the flustered bunny, patting his hand. "Now, while I was a damn good stripper, I couldn't dance for the life of me!" He began laughing in his signature way. They both heard Namjoon call out "Babe! We're a match made in heaven!" before the lion had scampered over to them, nuzzling against Seokjin's neck. The alpaca looked very content, nuzzling back against the lion before realizing he had something else to tell Kookie.

"I know a friend of a friend who's a very good dancer though. His name is Kim Yugyeom," Jungkook absently wondered if Jin knew every Kim in the city, "and he's a wonderful dancer. He also owns his own little studio with his mate BamBam. The poor thing is as skinny as a twig but no matter how much I feed him he never seems to grow fatter, only taller..." Jin frowned, looking at the ceiling before snapping out of his little reverie and looking back at Kookie. "He's very nice though, they both are. I can get you in touch with him if you'd like?"

"Please and thank you, Seokjinnie-hyung!" He could've kissed the man if it hadn't been for the clingy lion he had hanging onto his shoulder. Anybody could tell that would be a bad idea.

"Is this for Jimin?" Jin asked with a sly look in his eye. Jungkook just barely had a hint of a blush blooming across his cheeks. "I see. It's wonderful when you want your mate to be happy before you even really know them." Jin then looked up to Namjoon, remembering on their coffee date when the lion had confided in him that he had always felt pressured because of the expectations his parents and family had for him and how sometimes he had just wanted to end it all. Jin couldn't imagine life without his Joon and he was so happy he wouldn't have to. "Just remember," Jin eyed the young rabbit again, "Jimin's been through a lot, but because of his biology he already trusts you immensely. Don't throw that trust away, Jeon Jungkook."

Jungkook clenched his fists at his sides, thinking of Jimin's pleading eyes when they met, one slightly bigger than the other. "I won't."

"I swear, I won't."