First Days are Always the Hardest.

Walking the Wild Beat

Jungkook was used to adversity.

Really, he was.

After being (begrudgingly) accepted into the police force despite the fact he did not fit with the usual predator-type cadets they searched for (he was tall, lithe, and light on his feet, while his fellow cadets ranged from bulky and tall to bulky and stocky), he graduated at the top of his class, and proudly showed his ears and teeth at his graduation ceremony.

A bunny through and through in some aspects, yes, but not when it came to his aggressiveness. It mostly came from being an Alpha, or at least that's what his family suspected. He often sparred with a lion in his class named Namjoon. Namjoon was an Alpha as well, with blonde hair that was shaved at the sides, tan skin, and a dimple that would peek out of his cheek when he smiled. He also stood a few inches taller than Jungkook. He was also very clumsy and prone to destruction, so more often than not the poor thing would trip over his own tail and be pinned by the bunny easily.

Honestly, though, he was extremely proud of what he had accomplished. Even when Namjoon and a very excitable zebra Beta named Hoseok would pinch his cheeks and ears and call him "the cutest fluffiest bunny they'd ever seen", he would quickly swat them away and resume his cold, unwavering glare. Through this method and witnessing his fighting skills, a majority of the other cadets became afraid to approach him out of sheer fear of the seemingly harmless bunny.

If he couldn't prove his toughness at first glance through his species, he would prove it through his facial expressions. (Although Namjoon, who was very gifted in expressing his emotions through his face, said he looked "like a robot that hasn't been programmed with a single thought." He just thought Namjoon was being a .)

But now Jungkook (lovingly nicknamed Kookie by aforementioned zebra) was ready to go out into the heart of Seoul and truly experience what it was like to finally be the one in charge, instead of cowering from the predators his parents warned him about.

___________________________________________________
{Day 1.}

 

"Aish, new cadets already? , what happened to the old ones?"

As soon as Jungkook, Namjoon, and Hoseok had walked in, they had already been accosted by several of their new colleagues. Unfortunately, this Fennec's comment was not new or even the worst they'd heard so far.

"They're letting anybody in these days, aren't they little bunny?" the fox snarkily snapped, walking up to the rabbit who was actually a head taller than him. They could smell the Alpha pheromones exuding from his relatively small stature. "Name's Min. Yoongi, if you manage to not piss me off. Time will tell about that." And with that he walked off, tail swaying slightly and perked ears swiveling every so often.

"I thought Fennecs were cute...maybe not so much anymore." Namjoon said, rubbing his tail anxiously.

"Oh, don't worry about him. He's just a little grumpy man, once you get to know him he's really quite sweet." a beautiful, tall alpaca Omega stood up from a front desk near the bullpen. "I'm Kim Seokjin, a receptionist here." The man blew some of his pink, lightly curled bangs away from his wide brown eyes.

Jungkook and Hoseok both turned to look at Namjoon, who at the sight of the male had somehow managed to get his facial expression stuck somewhere in between "I think I'm going into rut" and "I think I've fallen so deep I can't see light anymore."

Obviously they've lost him.

"Uh...Namjoon?" Hoseok called, waving his hand in front of his friend's face. The alpaca just watched the trio, a light blush blooming across his cheeks, before he opened his mouth and let out a very unexpected sound.

Instead of the angelic peals of laughter they expected, they heard something more akin to a windshield wiper, squeaking back and forth. They were shocked such a majestic looking creature could make such a sound.

"Namjoonie," the receptionist extended a hand, which the lion quickly grabbed onto, "would you like to go grab a drink?"

"Of course!" the cop said, pulling the other out of the office without a care in the world. These things tended to happen when mates met each other, but Jungkook had never actually seen it in person.

"I can't believe it. First day on the job and one of us is already whipped and mated." Hoseok chuckled, tail whipping back and forth nervously as he laughed and scratched the back of his head. "What's next? Am I going to find my mate here too?"

"Hello." a deep voice said from behind the two distracted officers. They turned around and were met with another tall, lanky Omega. This one had smaller shoulders, brown messy hair, and a rectangular smile on his face. He was also clearly a monkey, from the curling tail he had wrapped around his leg. "I'm Kim Taehyung, you're the new recruits right?"

Jungkook looked over at his friend, only to see him looking the same way as Namjoon did literally two minutes ago. "Seriously Hoseok?"

The older brushed him off. "I'm Jung Hoseok, your mate. I have to say, your eyes are so expansive, I feel like I could see every galaxy in them."

The other male, while shocked, also looked very happy. "I love stars! I think rabbits live on the moon you know. What's your favorite constellation?" he asked as he grabbed onto the zebra, securely wrapping his tail around the smaller's waist. "Personally I like Apollo, but I think..."

As the two walked off to God knows where, Jungkook could only stare after them as he soaked in the realization that he had managed to not only be insulted ten times today but also be third-wheeled by his only two friends in this precinct. On his first day of being an official police officer.

"Can my day get any worse?" he asked to the ceiling, discouraged and ready to go cry at his desk.

"JEON! Got one for ya to book!" Officer Wang, a happy-go-lucky wolf Alpha shouted out to him as he held a man almost the same height as him. The man had his head bowed, only showing the orange of his hair. "He's a pitiful thing, Officer Kang picked him up for panhandling. He's just a red panda Omega, so go easy on the guy." Wang brought the cuffed man over, sitting him down in a chair beside the desk Jungkook would now call home.

"Okay. Let's get this over with. Name please." the rabbit said, ears twitching from excitement. His first real criminal!

"....-rk." the panda whispered, head still ducked down.

"Excuse me? This will go a lot quicker if you just speak clearly." Jungkook didn't want to get impatient, but he didn't like waiting.

"My name is Park Jimin." a tinkling voice stated as the panda lifted his eyes to gaze at the officer. His brown irises seemingly burned into Jungkook's own. They were lined with a red eyeshadow, making them stand out even more.

The panda's eyes widened, which made a dazed Jungkook vaguely realize that one was slightly larger than the other. He pointed a tiny, chubby finger at the rabbit. "You-"

"Looks like I'm gonna have to book you with theft Park Jimin. You've just stolen my heart." Although still dazed from the feeling of being in a rut and being in love that came with meeting your mate, he could hear Officer Wang cackling and hitting his desk nearby as Officer Lee booed.

Jeon Jungkook is so done with policework, and it's only the first day.