The Second Days Aren't Much Better?

Walking the Wild Beat

"What the is he laughing about now? Wang, get back to work before I tell Mark you're slacking." Yoongi growled at the other officer as he walked over to his desk, which happened to be next to Jungkook's.

"Oh come on Min! His first day and not only does he have to book his own mate, he says the worst pick-up line I've ever heard!" Jackson cackled before returning his attention.

"Besides your own, anyway." Officer Lee Hongbin chimed in from his desk next to Jackson's.

"Shut up Hongbong. I know you get nasty with Sikkie when we're out. We have cameras here you douche." Jackson snapped back, making the other officer choke on his sip of coffee. "Anyway, it's not my fault he happened to get your favorite criminal instead of you, Min." the blonde quietly muttered.

"What?" the fox questioned, before turning to the cuffed man next to Jungkook. "Minnie? I thought you were done the last time you were here." The man's eyes changed, softening as he ruffled the panda's hair.

Jungkook finally got to see Jimin's beautiful smile as he looked up at the older officer, a slightly chipped front tooth on display as he giggled lightly. "I really didn't mean to this time Yoongi. Just the wrong place at the wrong time."

"Well," Yoongi said, turning back to Jungkook as the smile slid off his face. "You'll take care of Jiminnie, won't you? Kookie~" The older's grin lived up to his species, sly and fox-like after he repeated the abhorrent nickname.

That shook Jungkook out of his Jimin-induced reverie. "Did Hoseok tell you that?" he asked the older at the same time Jimin looked at him to say "Kookie? I wanna call you Kookie too! It suits you." He then smiled his angelic smile right at Jimin, which caused a short-circuiting in the bunny's brain.

"Of course." he replied immediately, again hearing Jackson crack up at him. It was worth it though, as he heard the other let out high-pitched, squeaky laughter in reply.

Jungkook had decided he had not only died and gone to Heaven, he'd been blessed enough to be in the presence of an angel.

He again had to shake himself out of his haze. "Wait, back up, Officer Min, how do you know Jimin?" He was confused with the link between the sweet red panda and the grumpy Fennec.

"Well kid, back in the day I used to run with the mafia. Actually, it was more like a very organized gang, only made that way because I didn't like to around." The older started tapping his chin, thinking back on his past.

"He was the boss. Kept everybody in line. Everyone in the underground was scared of him." Jimin nodded gravely.

"Ah, no need to hype me up Minnie. Eventually though, this little , I think he went by B-something, he ratted me out to the cops. Before then I was taking care of Jimin here, making sure he had enough to eat and wasn't hanging around any bad areas. I found him when he was just a little kit, barely 13. Unfortunately I can't keep up with him as much anymore but," Yoongi then patted the orange-haired man on his head again, "I try to check in as much as possible."

"He really helped me." Jimin sounded bashful now, as he played with his hands, which were still cuffed close together. Yoongi noticed and uncuffed him, knowing the other wouldn't lash out or run off.

"But now, you have Jungkookie over here to look after you, ain't that right?" the fox smirked again.

"Of course!" Jungkook practically yelled.

"Well then. I don't have anything to worry about." Yoongi patted them both on the head this time, narrowly missing Jungkook's ears. "But remember Jeon: I was a mafia boss, and I know EXACTLY what to do to kill a man and get away with it." he chuckled darkly before walking away.

Jimin reached over to take one of Jungkook's hands in his own, holding him close. "He's a bit like an overprotective father, isn't he?" He laughed again, before looking down at both of their hands. "It's because he knows he's the only one I have in the world. Well, besides you now, of course. Right?" At that moment, as Jimin looked at Jungkook, his eyes begging for the bunny to reassure him, to tell him that he would always have Jungkook by his side...

Jeon Jungkook realized once again that his heart had been stolen, and even though the thief was right in front of him, he had no way of ever getting it back.

___________________________________________________
Day 2

"KOOOOOOKIEEEEE!!!" an excited monkey screeched, bouncing up to Jungkook as soon as he walked in. Taehyung began tugging on his ears and playing with his hair, eyes wide at the sight of the bunny.

"Hoseokkie said that's your nickname, so I'm gonna call you that now, okay? You can call me TaeTae! I heard you met your mate is that true? I also heard it was Jiminnie! Is it? If it is, he's really nice. Even though he gets caught by us a lot he's just doing what he can to get by, I hope you help him. One time he accidentally seduced an officer because he was wearing shorts and we had to tranq-"

"Okay TaeTae. I think Kookie gets it." Hoseok approached the two, making the hyperactive man let go of the bunny to latch onto his zebra. "Congrats Kook. Never thought pandas would be your type though. I was thinking something more along the lines of a cheetah." Jungkook pushed the patronizing zebra away, mentally taking into account every sparring match he'd had with Hoseok before deciding it wasn't worth it.

"I didn't take you to be the type to mate with a monkey Omega, yet here we are." he snippily said back, secretly hoping the other wouldn't take offense.

He didn't. "Pffft, tell that to the big bad lion over there pining over his pink alpaca. He's the real joke of us all." the brown-haired officer said, showing off all of his teeth (true to his nature, they were quite...large) and heart-shaped smile.

"Excuse me?" said alpaca asked snootily. "I'll have you know I'm the best mate Namjoonie could ask for."

"Yeah!" Namjoon added. "He's the best mate I could ask for!"

Jungkook deadpanned. "For having such a high IQ you sure can be an idiot Namjoon."

"He's only an idiot for me though, right Joonie~?" Jin started blowing kisses the bigger lion's way and winking profusely.

Namjoon ate it up, catching the kisses and winking back. He looked like he had some sort of twitch.

"Jin?" Kookie began when the pink-haired man finally stopped. "What did you do before you became a receptionist? I know Yoongi was in the mafia."

The first thing Jungkook heard was Hoseok and Namjoon agree that they wished to know, with an "Oh really?" thrown in at the mention of Yoongi's previous profession. The next thing he heard was laughter from all of the senior officers, even Yoongi.

Jin looked at the trio, a grin spreading across his face that decidedly did not belong on a prey-class hybrid's face.

"You really want to know?" he asked cheekily.

"Of course!" Namjoon was excited to learn anything about his mate, already expecting him to say he worked in a school or a daycare, since the elder mentioned to him on their coffee date he would love to have children (a fact he filed away for when the omega's heat came).

"Well boys...I was a head stripper at Wild Side." At their frozen faces, Jin began laughing that windshield wiper laugh again, smacking the table as he did so.

For the second day in a row, Jungkook was wondering what his life had come to.