Chapter 6

Espressivo

The ravenette opened his eyes and felt the sunlight hitting him directly, causing him to hold his arm over his face to protect him from the light. He frowned and turned to his side trying to pull the blanket over him, deciding to go back to sleep.

 

Except, there were no such item covering him.

 

Confused, he opened his eyes slightly again. The sight in front of him caused his dark orbs to widen. He sat up and observed his surroundings.

 

Grass everywhere. Flowers scattered here and there. A large oak tree. No sign of life anywhere.

 

Where was he?

 

Before he could think further on it, a soft rustle from behind him alerted him. Whipping his head around to the direction of the sound, he slowly, and cautiously stood up.

 

His eyes stayed focused, and his ears on alert for any other sounds, he carefully treaded towards the source.

 

Once he felt like he was close enough, he bent down, and was about to peer over, before he heard another rustle behind him. He snapped his head around, and searched for the source carefully, but when it didn't come again, he turned back around.

 

The ravenette gulped before peering over again. However, he wasn't able to find anything.

 

Weird, he thought.

 

Shrugging, he stood up straight again, until he heard a hiss this time.

 

One step closer and he tried to search for the source of sound again. Only to fall back on his bottom in shock, as a pair of long fangs struck his left foot.

 

 

 

He gasped as he sat up, panting erratically. This time, he was back in his bedroom.

 

Closing his eyes, he sighed a breath of relief, because it was a dream. It was just a dream.

 

Just to confirm however, he pushed his covers off and checked his left foot. Another sigh of relief. It had been just a dream.

 

"What the was that all about?" He thought aloud, his breathing slowly returning to normal now.

 

"I'd like to know that myself," a familiar voice resounded from the slightly dark room; he noticed it was 5:23am. "Jesus christ, Yoongi, that was quite a loud noise coming from you. Care to explain?" Hoseok asked, coming closer to the faint light streaming from the curtains. The blonde wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, causing Yoongi to roll his eyes.

 

"It wasn't an , you y . I had a nightmare...or something like that—I don't know," he mumbled the last part, unsure of what he'd seen in his dream.

 

He wasn't fearful of snakes, honestly. But, this one just evoked that fear out of him. The way it waited for his arrival, and suddenly struck him.

 

He had a churning feeling at the pit of his stomach – something was going to go wrong. You could call him crazy all you want, but he could feel it.

 

"It sure sounded like one," he heard the younger muttered under his breath. Yoongi grabbed his pillow and threw it at the blonde's face before getting off the bed.

 

He was a light sleeper, at least for a while now. Once he woke up, it would be difficult to fall back to sleep again. It would have been fine if this occurred only so often, but this happened too often for Yoongi's liking.

 

Although, like he'd mentioned before, sleep was the least of his worries right now.

 

What mattered to him at that moment was the competition. He'll sleep once all this was over, he will.

 

"A simple no would've been fine, you know." Hoseok grunted. The ravenette rolled his eyes before heading for the bathroom. "Hey, since you're up already, do you think you can make some coffee for me?" He heard the younger call from behind him, as he brushed his teeth silently.

 

Once he was finished, he spat the foamy substance into the sink and washed his mouth, and then his face as well.

 

When he looked back up, Hoseok was still at the door.

 

"At least let me finish getting ready," he answered before walking towards the door and closing it on the blonde's face.

 

Yoongi stripped off his clothes and stepped into the shower. He the water and allowed it to stream down his body as he pondered on a new composition he had started working on last night.

 

His pale fingers tapped the smooth tiles on the wall, imagining there was a piano in front of him.

 

"C, A, G, then," he paused, thinking hard on the next chord to use. He repeated the three chords again, but again stopped because he just couldn’t decide on the fourth. It was frustrating.

 

Lately, he was starting to feel like he was in a slump. It was rare for him to be like this. Usually, the inspiration just came to him in a matter of hours—was he pushing himself too much with this?

 

Maybe, he was stressing out about this way more than necessary. Maybe, he need to chill the hell out and just think about this calmly.

 

"And maybe, you need to stop talking to yourself and hurry the up." He snapped out of his thoughts and glared at the door, hoping that it would pierce through and hit the blonde. “You’ve been in there for half an hour now, get out already, you . You’re not the only one who has to work, you know?” Hoseok argued from behind the door, making him release a sigh, before quickly scrubbing himself clean and getting out of the shower.

 

He would come up with something when he finished work. Wrapping the towel around his waist, he tousled his black hair and opened the door.

 

“Oh my god, Yoongi, at least put a ing shirt on when you come out! What are you, some exhibitionist?” The blonde said, covering his eyes. Really, what a drama queen.

 

“Yeah, whatever. You could’ve just waited in the living room, instead of standing right outside the bathroom, though,” he argued, putting the shirt over his head and pulling it down. When he turned around, Hoseok was already inside the bathroom. Rude.

 

Shaking his head, he slipped into a pair black jeans and discarded his towel on his already messy bed. He’ll clean it up when he got back, he dismissed before walking out into the kitchen to make some coffee.

 

 

♪ ♪ ♪

 

 

“Yoongi, can you take the orders at the front now? I have to take this call,” Jin instructed, placing the phone to his ear. The ravenette sighed and slipped his phone back in his pocket, walking to the counter.

 

“Welcome to Kim’s Café, what would you like to order?” He asked monotonously, punching in the pin to open the cash counter.

 

“I’d like two cappuccinos and a slice of that strawberry shortcake, please,” the rather deep voiced customer said, leaning on the glass as he tapped on it rhythmically. Yoongi nodded and calculated the total, before turning back to the brunette.

 

“That’ll be ₩21,000 Won. What are your initials?” He asked, grabbing a pen and an empty coffee cup.

 

“Oh, it’s K T H and P J M,” the brunette answered with a grin.

 

Yoongi scribbled on the initials and silently went to the espresso machine, to pour some espresso into the cup, filling about a third of it. Then, the ravenette poured some hot milk into the container, with the addition of some foamed milk on top.

 

He mixed the ingredients together and placed the lid over the top, walking back to the counter. Then, he grabbed a plate and placed a slice of the strawberry shortcake onto it, before placing that on the counter, too.

 

The brunette seemed to be searching for something as he reached into his jeans pocket. He placed a few scrunched-up notes on the counter and smiled sheepishly, before turning around.

 

“Chim, can I borrow ₩5,000? I’ll pay you back, I swear,” the brunette said to the male behind him. Yoongi heard a sigh, and a familiar face stepped forward, placing the note on the counter. It was—

 

“Yoongi hyung, you work here?” The silver haired male asked in a tone of surprise. Slightly surprised himself, he smiled awkwardly. He hadn’t expected to see the other until tomorrow.

 

“Wait, you know each other?” The brunette interrupted, his brows raised. Jimin nodded, almost too enthusiastically, if you asked Yoongi. “Oh wait, is he that grumpy dwarf you were complaining about the day bef—” Yoongi raised an accusing eyebrow at the dancer because what the ?

 

He had been called many names because of his cold outlook, but a grumpy dwarf – that was a first.

 

“Tae, shut the up, wh—what are you saying?” The silver haired male whispered to his friend angrily, placing a hand over the other’s mouth. “Don’t take him seriously hyung, he’s always joking around,” Jimin tried to assure, laughing nervously as he removed his hand from the brunette’s mouth.

 

“So, I’m a grumpy dwarf, am I?” He decided asked, amusement dripping in his voice. Jimin only laughed, rubbing the nape of his neck nervously. He grabbed the cups and scurried away, causing the ravenette to chuckle.

 

“Oh, but he also called you hot as fu—” Yoongi’s eyebrows lifted high at that because did Park Jimin just say he was attractive?

 

“Kim ing Taehyung, get your over here,” Jimin yelled out, causing the brunette to wince and speed walk back, with the plate of shortcake in one hand. Yoongi watched as Jimin seemed to be scolding the brunette. He let out a breath of laughter before turning to the next customer.

 

“Welcome to Kim’s Café, what would like to order?” He asked, a smile gracing his face now, causing the customer to look taken aback.

 

“O-Oh, um, I’ll have a latte, please,” the blue-eyed woman said, a hint of red flushing her cheeks.

 

 


 

a/n: okay so, i was looking on dream analysis and i wanted to use one of them:

"If you are dreaming of being bitten by snake, it means that you need to pay attention to something that you’ve been avoiding because it was too intimidating or uncomfortable."

i'm weird ik, but this will have a meaning in future chapters, maybe not in an extreme way, but it will have a meaning :') idk if i will be able to show it well, but we'll see when we get there ;w;

+ spring day was such a beautiful song and mv, bye.