Chapter 7

Espressivo

park jimin:

hyung asdfghjkl im sorry buT im goNNA BE A LITTLE LATE

i stg i set my alarm and everything but i was just reli tired T-T because i got home reli late, like 3am or something

and

me:

jimin, calm tf down, i can wait

just dont take too long

park jimin:

dnt worry hyung, im on the bus as we speak (/^0^)/

anyway, last night i was practicing a dance routine for my class

and its sO hard cos my teacher is an uptight :(

shes always so mean to me and idek why

im always trying my best, its not fair :'(

dont u think thats unfair hyung????

me:

yeah ig

park jimin:

...

u could act a little more sympathetic

me:

i dont see why i have to

im a grumpy dwarf after all, remember?

park jimin:

hYUNG OMG ASDFGHJKL

IM SORRY OK

I DIDNT MEAN IT THAT WAY

REALLY

me:

theres no other way to take that, jimin

but whatever, i dont reli care. just get your over here so we can rehearse already, you brat

park jimin:

iM REALLY REALLY SORRY :((((

and im almost there!! :D

 

Sighing, he placed his phone on top of the piano, and started playing the new composition he had been trying to complete for three days now.
 

It irked him to no end that he still hadn't managed to figure out the last chord. Composing usually came to him naturally – yet now, it was as if he'd lost all inspiration and motivation for it. It was unlike him.
 

But he couldn't allow that to happen. Not when there was less than two and half months left until the finals.
 

Determined to find the missing piece, he flexed his fingers and started playing again.
 

But every time, he stopped. Stopped at the third chord. He smashed his fingers angrily before moving them away from the painted instrument.
 

After a second, his fingers made their way back to the smooth black and white keys. He simultaneously played the three chords – C, A, G – hoping, praying, that inspiration will hit him any minute now.
 

He knew he sounded desperate, he just really needed to win. He needed to go to Juilliard. But obviously, he couldn't do this without his partner, who was god knew where.
 

Where the hell was Park Jimin? Irritated, because for someone who was ‘almost there’ fifteen minutes ago, he sure was late.
 

The ravenette was about to grab his phone to message Jimin when he heard a screech behind him.
 

Yoongi turned around and glared at the silver haired male.
 

"What are you doing over there? Get your in here so we can start practicing," he reprimanded the younger impatiently.
 

"Actually hyung, I think we should do something else today," Jimin said, a smile creeping up on his face. What did he mean by something else? They were in a practice room, so what else would they do other than practice? "You look like you need a change of scenery so, let's go out today! It'll be fun!"
 

"I don't care what you think, Jimin. I am perfectly fine here. I'm not going anywhere, now hurry up and get in position," he snapped.
 

He just wanted to practice, because two and a half months was nowhere near enough for him to perfect everything. They were not even close to perfecting one of his compositions.
 

At this rate, they were not going to be ready to perform when the day arrived.
 

"But hyung, I just want you to stop stressing over this so much. I mean, I know this is important to you, but I don't think that sitting at the piano 24/7 is going to help," the silver haired male said, a frown etched on his face.
 

He hated it. He just wanted to wipe that frown off his face because he didn't want pity. He didn't want people to feel sorry for him; he was perfectly fine like this.
 

Why wouldn't they understand that he was perfectly fine?
 

He's been doing this for as long as he could remember. Yoongi preferred to stay home and practice music, rather than going out with his friends.
 

He didn't like socialising. Rather, he was someone who liked to keep to himself.
 

The only people that he didn't mind being bothered by were Jin, Namjoon, Jungkook and Hoseok. Although, he did have his limits, like any other human being. If any of them got too much on his nerves, he wouldn't hesitate to shut them out for a few days.
 

“Hyung, are you listening?” Yoongi snapped out of his thoughts and turned to the younger again. “I’m just saying, maybe you’ll find inspiration if we went out for a little while. Come on, hyung, it’ll be nice.” Jimin whined, his lower lip jutting out in a pout. Ugh, and he had those puppy dog eyes, too. He sighed. Why was he so weak for cute things?
 

Yes, he found Jimin cute.
 

But of course, he wasn’t about to admit that aloud. Plus, he was pretty sure Jimin and Hoseok were a thing, or something like that anyway.
 

He didn’t know – why did he even care? Subsiding his strange thoughts, he sighed exasperatedly.
 

“Fine. We’ll go,” he agreed, causing the silver haired male to actually squeal. He’s not even going to bother commenting on it, “but―”
 

“But what?” The younger asked, his lips immediately turning down.
 

“But, only for a few minutes,” he finished.
 

“Define ‘a few minutes’,” Jimin asked, tilting his head to one side.
 

“10 minutes.” He replied, resulting in yet another frown on the younger’s face.
 

“Oh, come on! It’s going to take us five minutes just to get outside. How about half an hour?” The younger suggested in a hoping tone.
 

“15,” he shot back.
 

25,” the younger protested. He couldn't believe they were actually arguing about this.
 

20, take it or leave it,” Yoongi said, shrugging as he crossed his arms over his chest. He looked at the younger, eyebrow raised, challenging the other to the disagree.
 

Fine. But, I’m telling you, it’s not going to be enough,” the younger exclaimed in defeat. Yoongi rolled his eyes and put his jacket on, slinging his bag over one shoulder. He checked his wrist watch and smirked.
 

“19 minutes, 12 seconds and counting,” he remarked.
 

“Hey, that’s not fair! Don’t count down yet!” The younger whined again, causing Yoongi to laugh at the other’s antics.
 

“18 minutes and 49 seconds,” he said with nonchalance.
 

“Okay, you know what?” Jimin interjected. Before Yoongi could ask, he was grabbed by the wrist and dragged out of the practice room. His smirk was wiped straight off his face, with a frown on display now, though of course Jimin couldn’t see, since he was too busy trying to drag him outside. There was a strange churning in the pit of his stomach, and he didn’t understand why.
 

“Yah, Park Jimin, what the hell do you think you’re doing? Let go of my arm, you brat. I don’t need your help to walk,” he argued, trying to pull his arm back.
 

“Then, will you stop with the countdown?” The younger asked, looking back at him with a raised brow. Yoongi shrugged in response, but Jimin sighed and released his grip on his wrist.
 

“You have 17 minutes and 32 seconds, by the way,” Yoongi replied, his eyes glancing to his watch and back to the younger.
 

“I swear to god, hyung. You’re acting really childish right now, you know,” the younger stated with a long sigh, shaking his head in disapproval.
 

“17 minutes and―”
 

“Alright! I get it, god. I don’t know how Hoseok hyung deals with you, honestly,” Jimin mumbled before turning around and walking to the exit.
 

“Actually, I’m the one that has to deal with Hoseok, not the other way around,” Yoongi interjected with a snort, recalling the many times he’d had to take care of the blonde.
 

“Sure it is, hyung,” and he could practically see the younger rolling his eyes at his statement, despite the other having his back to Yoongi. He couldn’t believe this brat.
 

“What did I do to deserve this amount of disrespect?” he muttered under his breath before silently following Jimin. He says that, yet the tugging corners of his lips said otherwise.

 


 

a/n: omg, thank you for the 500 views guys! ily <3 i hope jimin and yoongi aren't turning out to be too immature though ;; if they are, i am so sorry >_<. and on other news: not today was amazing!! it's an anthem :'D