Chapter 5

Espressivo

Yoongi's eyebrows lifted as he noticed a certain silver haired male sitting on the piano. He watched as the younger pressed random keys, walking closer towards him.

 

The ravenette realised that Jimin was playing with just his small (and cute—wait, what?) index finger. He covered his mouth with his fist as he breathed out a chuckle.

 

Abruptly, the music stopped - Jimin whipped his head around. Yoongi removed his hand, and looked at the younger with an expression of amusement.

 

"Hyung!" Jimin exclaimed before standing up and bowing. There was a grin on the other's face as he stood up straight again. He wondered why the younger was so joyful today - a total 180 from how he behaved yesterday.

 

Well, it wasn't any of his concern.

 

They needed to get to work right away, he thought as he seated himself down, facing the grand piano.

 

"I left extra early today so I wouldn't get late! I even managed to get here before you," Jimin laughed. Yoongi just rolled his eyes (seriously, this brat).

 

"Get into position," he ordered, without so much as a glance over his shoulder, despite his lips tugging upwards slightly.

 

"I'm ready, hyung!" The younger exclaimed, and really, what was he so happy about? He was curious, but he decided to stop because they needed to start already.

 

Hovering over the white keys, his fingers located the first chord and pressed them firmly. The sound resonated through the large practice room.

 

The screech of trainers against the smooth wooden floor brought Yoongi's attention to the dancer in the mirror. He definitely noticed some improvement in Jimin's movements this time. It still wasn't perfect, but it was getting better. At least, that's what he believed.

 

As he continued to observe, he couldn't help but fall into a trance again. Jimin could really dance. It was unlike anything he'd seen before; how could anyone be that flexible?

 

He had to admit, he was sceptical about choosing Jimin as his partner, what with how he performed yesterday. But today, Yoongi was starting to feel more confident about their performance.

 

They will win the competition, and Yoongi would finally get the chance to go to Juilliard.

 

The composition had come to an end, and Yoongi hadn't even noticed, until Jimin called him out of his thoughts.

 

"Hyung," the younger breathed out, his hands on his hips. "That was so beautiful!" He cried out in excitement, beaming at Yoongi. Yoongi bit back his laughter - Jimin looked like a little kid; his eyes wide, full of awe. It was cute.

 

Instead, he gave a small nod and turned back around, ready to start the next composition he'd worked on last night. He felt more optimistic with the outcome of these new pieces. You could even say he was excited.

 

However, his excitement didn't last long.

 

As he continued playing the rest of his compositions, he noticed Jimin stumbling, or slipping over his steps often. It was strange.

 

It was as if the younger was beginning to get impatient - why was he in a hurry?

 

His dancing started to become short and rigid.

 

Having had enough, he decided to wrap things up and finished playing. He turned around to face the dancer.

 

"Jimin, you're acting too impatient. What are you in such a rush for?" Yoongi asked with a sigh, a frown displaying on his pale face.

 

"Oh," the younger replied, now a similar expression plastered on his face, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I'll try to do better now, I promise!" Jimin assured, rubbing the nape of his neck. He was blushing.

 

"No, I think we're done here. You clearly seem to have other priorities right now, so let's end practice here," The ravenette stated with a sigh. He gathered his music sheets, and slung his bag over his shoulder. He realised he was acting slightly rude, but he was not about to go turn back and apologise. "I'll see you in two days." He walked to the door, until Jimin spoke up.

 

"Ok—Wait, two days? Are you going somewhere?" The younger asked in surprise.

 

"Mind your own business, brat," he shot back, before mumbling, "I have work," and walking out of the practice room.

 

"Oh, where—ah! Bye, hyung!" He heard the dancer call out, making him roll his eyes at the other once again.

 

He sure is a nosy brat, he thought, even though there was that small smile displayed on his face again.

 

"What are you smiling about, Yoongi?" He jumped back slightly, and turned around to glare at the blonde.

 

"Hoseok, you really need to stop doing that. I swear to god, the next time, I will punch you," he warned the younger, causing the other to laugh loudly.

 

"Oh, come on, Yoongi, don't be such a stiff. You know you love me," the blonde replied, winking at him.

 

"I need new friends," Yoongi muttered under his breath, causing Hoseok to roll his eyes at him. That's when he thought, what was Hoseok actually doing here, at this time? He knew the younger didn't have any classes today. He was sure the younger wasn't here to meet him, so—

 

"Hyung, you're here!" A high voice interrupted his train of thoughts, making him turn around to see Jimin, with his hood over his head and his bag slung on one shoulder. He had the brightest smile on his face at that moment that Yoongi realised – oh.

 

"Are you ready to go? We need to get there before the tickets are sold out," Hoseok said, rubbing the nape of his neck and was he blushing? Oh my god.

 

"Hyung...about that – are you sure you want to watch The Conjuring? I'm not really that good with horror," Jimin asked, a look of worry showing on his face. This caused Yoongi to laugh because Hoseok and horror never went together.

 

"Wait, you're going to watch The Conjuring?" He chuckled. He remembered the last time they had watched a horror movie. Hoseok had managed to injure himself during a jump scare. After they got home, the blonde refused to leave him alone. The blonde even went as far as sleeping on his bed, with him in it, scared that the creepy doll from Anabelle would come in the middle of night to kill him.

 

Yoongi assured that it was just a movie, but of course, the younger didn't listen. If anything, it made the younger cling to him more. He had such a strong grip, he couldn't even push the blonde an inch away from him.

 

"Yoongi, shut up," the blonde said, glaring at him. Yoongi only laughed more because this was gold.

 

"I didn't even say anything yet," he remarked with a smirk. "But, I wonder if Jimin knows about—" A hand covered his mouth before he was able to finish the sentence.

 

"Know about what?" The silver haired male asked.

 

"Nothing! It's nothing, Jimin. Yoongi's just being an ," Hoseok assured with a nervous laugh, before glaring at him again. Yoongi rolled his eyes and pushed the blonde's hand away.

 

"Yeah, don't mind me. I'm leaving anyway. Have fun and good luck," he turned around and waved, leaving the two of them alone. The ravenette chuckled, then stopped because he knew what would happen once the blonde got back to their apartment. He sighed.

 

"I need coffee." He mumbled to himself, deciding to run by the café again. 

 


 

a/n: where am i going with this, really...