"Baby"sitting

Ataraxy (HIATUS)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 6- "Baby"sitting

“What’s the results like?” Chan asked, all 5 of them settled in the middle of the living room with a table full of dishes. Wonwoo and Seungcheol had just returned from the hospital after receiving the results. Seungcheol did offer Mingyu to come over for dinner, but the younger rejected saying that his roommates would worry about his absence.

“Yeah hyung. What did the doctor say?” Hansol asked, staring at Wonwoo.

“Is it bad? Why aren’t you talking?” Granny Jeon asked, getting more worried when silence was filling their living room.

“Come on hyung…we’re here for you no matter what happens.” Hansol encouraged, patting Wonwoo’s back.

“Won…just tell them.” Seungcheol smiled, nudging the other.

“Well, he said that my situation is improving…it’s not getting bigger.” Wonwoo informed.

“Is it true?! Seungcheol hyung?!” Hansol exclaimed, standing up from his seat. The older smiled, nodding his head.

“Oh my god! Hansol hyung! Do you know what that means?! ARCADE DAY!” Chan cheered, jumping around the table.

“Oh my goodness…Won…that’s the best news we’ve gotten in years for now.” Granny Jeon smiled, her eyes turning into small slits.

“Yeah…I might actually live a little longer huh…” Wonwoo sighed, poking at his rice.

“This brat! Stop speaking that way!” Granny Jeon rolled her eyes. Nonetheless, they were all happy that Wonwoo’s test results came back pretty well.

“Ah. But the doctor said he needs to cut down on drinking.” Seungcheol reminded.

“Hyung! See! I always asked you not to go!” Hansol nagged, wagging his finger at Wonwoo.

“Yah! Who was the one who asked me along to the parties? It’s this person right here!” Wonwoo argued, pointing in Seungcheol’s direction.

“Yeah! Choi Seungcheol! Stop bringing him out to parties!” Granny Jeon scolded, but she placed a few pieces of meat in Seungcheol’s bowl.

“It’s not my fauuuuuult! This kid keeps bugging me about parties…” Seungcheol whined.

“Oh gross. Don’t do that please…” Chan commented, covering his eyes.

“Hahaha! That’s right Chan! This hyung here is disgusting.” Wonwoo laughed along.

“Says the one who was busy lying his head on Mingyu’s shoulder.” Seungcheol retorted, pointing his chopsticks at Wonwoo.

“Woah woah! What?!” Hansol exclaimed.

“Who is this Mingyu guy?” Chan asked, raising a brow.

“Thanks a lot Cheol hyung…” Wonwoo muttered under his breath, glaring at the older through his bangs.

“All right boys…finish up and go to bed. No special exceptions even though it’s the weekends.” Granny Jeon instructed before heading back into her room. The three boys crashed in their room after Seungcheol left.

 “So hyung…who is this Mingyu guy?” Chan asked, rolling around in bed.

“Can we not talk about him?” Wonwoo groaned, pushing Chan over.

“Why not? Do you really like him? You seem quite…different around him too. You don’t let anyone other than Seungcheol hyung and Jun hyung accompany you to those check-ups…” Hansol continued.

“Ah…hyungs…I don’t even know who you’re talking about…stop ignoring me!” Chan whined, kicking Wonwoo’s leg in the process.

“God damn…Lee Chan.” Wonwoo glared.

“Okay long story short. Mingyu hyung is a law student too. He got really drunk that night and Wonwoo hyung brought him home. And side note, Mingyu hyung is really…good looking.” Hansol informed.

“Really Wonwoo hyung?” Chan asked, wanting the oldest to confirm.

“Yeah…” Wonwoo sighed.

“As in…do you really like him?” Chan asked once more, but the faint tint on Wonwoo’s cheeks sufficed.  

“Damn…Hyung I never knew you could fall so quickly…” Chan commented.

“Yeah…hyung…didn’t you say that life was too short for love? And wasn’t that why you were always acting…like a flirty ?” Hansol asked.

“Shut up. You guys know nothing…” Wonwoo sighed.

“…Hansol hyung. Is it just me or is this guy acting strangely today?” Chan asked, rolling over Wonwoo to get to the other side of the bed. Wonwoo groaned when Chan accidentally elbowed him in the stomach, and the younger smiled sheepishly.

“Something isn’t right with him. Spit it out hyung.” Hansol demanded. Wonwoo turned a deaf ear, closing his eyes.

“Full attack Chan!” Hansol exclaimed before diving onto the bed, tickling Wonwoo’s sides together with Chan’s help. The oldest couldn’t help but squeal at the torture, laughing so loudly the neighbours could probably hear them.

“HAHAHA. STOP HANSOL! AHHHH CHAN AH!” Wonwoo giggled, trying to escape from Hansol and Chan’s grasp.

“Tell us everything or we will never stop!” Chan laughed, this time tickling Wonwoo’s foot.

“HAHAHA OKAY! STOP!” Wonwoo yelled, his face entirely red.

“I don’t think I should hang around that guy anymore…” Wonwoo sighed, sitting up, his head against the wall.

“Why not? He seems like a pretty good guy…other than almost killing you by accident the other day.” Hansol said, laying his head on Wonwoo’s lap.

“Yeah…why not hyung?” Chan asked, laying his head on Wonwoo’s shoulder.

“His friend…doesn’t seem to like me a lot. He even asked Mingyu to stay away from me. Like in my face.” Wonwoo said, recalling the first time he met Jeonghan. That cold look the older threw at him was more than enough to imply that his presence was not welcomed.

“What?! Who the is that ? I’ll kick him in the balls!” Hansol rolled his eyes.

“Yeah! Me too. I bet if we told Jun hyung, the entire gang would go after that .” Chan scoffed.

“Aigoooo…my little brothers love me a lot huh…” Wonwoo chuckled to himself. Even though Hansol and Chan always ganged up against Wonwoo, teasing the older, they would still protect their hyung in any situation.

“Of course! Our cute little Wonwoo hyung needs protection from ChanSol~” Chan grinned, pulling Wonwoo into a half-hearted hug.

“So. Arcade celebration tomorrow?” Wonwoo stood up, causing Hansol and Chan’s head to hit the bed with a thud.

“YES YES YES! Can you pretty please ask that Mingyu hyung along?” Chan pouted.

“What’s with this sudden request…?” Wonwoo raised a brow.

“I want to see him…it’s unfair that everyone has seen this guy except me…Hansol hyung keeps rubbing it into my face.” Chan whined.

“…I’ll see how it goes…” Wonwoo gave in. Both Chan and Hansol cheered. Knowing their hyung, he would definitely satisfy them if it was within his ability. The three of them took turns to shower before Hansol and Chan fell asleep, hugging Wonwoo who was stuck between them.

 

 

“Yah! Why is this place so messy? It’s like a pig sty…” Mingyu could hear a certain someone nagging from inside his dorm. He was almost sure of the person’s identity. Jeonghan hyung.

“The culprit is home! Blame him!” Soonyoung pointed towards Mingyu, who was standing by the door, giving them the most innocent look ever.

“Don’t blame my poor son for that. Soonyoung-ah! You’re the hyung here! Shouldn’t you be taking care of your younger brothers?” Jeonghan questioned. Soonyoung made faces behind the older, causing Mingyu to chuckle at his very mature hyung’s acts.

“Kim Mingyu doesn’t even help out with the chores…always hanging out with his little hot crush…” Soonyoung snickered when he saw the younger’s ear turn red.

“I swear to god…if you weren’t Seokmin’s boyfriend. I would have strangled you to death…” Mingyu threatened through his gritted teeth.

“You have a crush? Since when? Who is it? Do I know him?” Jeonghan bombarded, pulling Mingyu and Soonyoung onto the sofa.

“What makes you so sure it’s a him…” Mingyu mumbled under his breath.

“Come on…it’s so obvious you aren’t into the girls. If you were, you would have gotten one amongst those suitors.” Soonyoung said.

“Who is the lucky boy?” Jeonghan asked.

“I swear…he isn’t my crush…urgh…Soonyoung hyung keeps making things up.” Mingyu groaned.

“I didn’t. Hyung. If only you saw how he acted around that guy! And he even accompanied him to the hospital for a check-up just now!” Soonyoung retorted. Mingyu nudged Soonyoung in his sides, sending signals for him to stop. Aish. Soonyoung hyung needs to stop talking about Wonwoo hyung. Doesn’t he know that Jeonghan hyung has a bad impression of them?!

“AH! Yah! Kim Mingyu…I’m your hyung!” Soonyoung slapped Mingyu’s biceps

Please log in to read the full chapter