Chapter VIII

Listen to you

 

 

 

Jaehyun was stock on one of those meetings that he has during all week. His design was accepted and he already met the engineers and the crew that was going to work on the construction of the new building in the center of Seoul with him.

 

This time, he will be one of the voters for another project in Jeju.

 

But do you think he is paying attention to any of that? You’re right, he’s not.

 

Jaehyun tried to reach Chaeyong in her side of the bed and he felt it was empty. He slowly opened his eyes and saw that in fact her space was empty. He looked everywhere in the room and there were no signs of her. He decided to look outside; she might be in the kitchen or something like that. He walked to the living room and saw that everything was dark. Not even a light on. He turned his head around and saw Chaeyoung sited on the couch in the balcony, he heard she was crying and hurried over to her.

 

“Doll, are you ok?” He asked her, sitting beside her.

 

Chaeyoung wiped her tears and smiled at him. “Yes, I’m fine. I thought you were sleeping”

 

Jaehyun was analyzing her face and tried to dry the rest of the tears. “You’re not fine; tell me what is going on?” He saw she was too silence and close to him. “Please trust me”

 

Chaeyoung looked in his eyes and sighed. He is her boyfriend, she should trust him. “My dad texted me. My mom got into a car accident. He is in Australia now”

 

Jaehyun got surprise. “And what are we doing here? We shoul-”

 

“No...” She said, holding his arm. “She doesn’t want to see me”

 

Jaehyun frowned. “Why? She’s your mom, doll”

 

“Yeah but she doesn’t want to see me”

 

“Ok, tell me, what the hell? Why she doesn’t want to see you?” He asked.

 

She looked at her hands and then to his face.

 

The moon light looks so good on his fair skin. She is so lucky to have him in her life. I think she needs to appreciate him more and trust him is a way of show him that.

 

“When I was a child…” She started. “We-”

 

“Jaehyun are you agree?”

 

Jaehyun woke up from his thoughts to see everyone in the room watching him. He wasn’t hearing anything; he wasn’t paying any attention to what his boss was saying. He was so deep into his mind. His surroundings weren’t that important for him after his eyes were watching a part of his memories.

 

So that was what Mr. Park was talking about? It was easy.

 

He looked the face of his boss and co-workers, cleared his throat and said “Yeah, sure” to fix the situation.

 

“Very well… then we let this meeting for tomorrow and give Johnny time to arrange the design… We’re over here” And his boss dismiss them.

 

He took his papers and stood up. At least the subject they were discussing wasn’t that important. He hugged the papers close to his chest with his right arm and walked out of the meeting room.

 

“Jae!” Johnny caught him before he could go inside the elevator.

 

“Hey...” He said turning around.

 

“You think it was that bad?” He asked him, with a disappointed expression.

 

Jaehyun looked at him with pity. “Can I see it?”

 

Johnny handed him the blueprints.

 

“You want honesty?”

 

“Yeah” He nodded quickly.

 

“I wasn’t paying attention to anything. This is pretty good”

 

Johnny frowned. “Then why you said you were agreed?”

 

“I didn’t know what I was agreeing to”

 

Johnny laughed. “Thankfully they didn’t send you to Africa or some stuff like that”

 

“Yeah…” Jaehyun nodded and both started to walk towards the stairs as they saw the elevator very crowded. “What was the question, really?”

 

Johnny laughed and punched his shoulder softly. “I’ll let you with the doubt”

 

“Well, that’s fair” Jaehyun said.

 

“What is bothering you?” Johnny asked him. “You have huge eye bags, you are spacing out a lot, are you going insane?”

 

Jaehyun laughed and palpated Johnny’s back this time. “I have a few stuffs to do”

 

“I was thinking to give you a copy of my design to see what should I change but I think you are a bit busy” Johnny said as they arrive to Jaehyun’s floor.

 

“You can let the copy with my secretary”

 

“Are you sure, Jaehyun?” He asked kind of worry.

 

“Yeah, remember you have to present it tomorrow. I’ll help you”

 

“Ok, man” Johnny said. “Thanks for that. I’ll let the copy with your secretary in an hour”

 

“Deal”

 

Jaehyun hugged Johnny before he lost him in the hallway. He walked towards the part of his office whle robbing the upper part of his neck and closed his eyes. He was feeling very tired, he just wants a bed and sleep for years… but… he wants to sleep hugging Chaeyoung that is why he is holding on.

 

“Jae…” His secretary whispered.

 

Jaehyun opened his eyes and walked slowly to his secretary’s desk.

 

“There’s someone waiting for you on your office”

 

“Who?” Jaehyun frowned.

 

His secretary looked onto her papers to see the name she noted. “Jeon… Jeon Jungkook”

 

The tiredness, the desires to sleep, the pain on his nape, everything fade away when he heard that name. So he finally makes his appearance. He thanked to his secretary and let her know Johnny was going to give her a copy of his design later. He walked slowly towards his office and saw the back of a guy. He was sited in front of his desk maybe watching the great view outside his window.

 

He opened the door wide and closed it behind him, making the guy turn around to face him.

 

“Hello?” Jaehyun asked. “Jeon Jungkook?”

 

The guy smiled at him. “Yeah, I guess you’re Jung Jaehyun” He stretched his hand to shake Jaehyun’s.

 

“You guess it right” Jaehyun said and walked to his chair. “Do you want anything to drink?”

 

“A tea will be fine”

 

“Sure” Jaehyun pressed one of the phone’s bottoms and let his secretary know what they want. “She’ll be here any minute”

 

“It’s ok, I can wait”

 

Jaehyun nodded in silence. “I didn’t thought you were going to come here”

 

“Me neither, it was a last minute decision. I was busy with my fiancé’s family in that time” Jungkook said, resting his back in the chair.

 

“You are going to get married?” Jaehyun support his elbows on his desk.

 

He nodded. “In late November, if everything goes well” He giggles.

 

“Congratulations…”

 

“Thanks!” Jungkook made silence for seconds and went on. “I’m sorry you are going through this hell. I was in your position for a while and I know that it really ”

 

“You can notice I’m not having a good time, right?” Jaehyun joked as he knows his eye bags are so well noticeable.

 

“I can see it. I was like that too” He said, “And that’s what Mr. Monster wants you to feel. Tired, exhausted, annoyed so he will walk over you. He likes that”

 

“Sometimes that fact makes me doubt if he is Chaeyoung’s real father”

 

“I had that doubt too” Jungkook looked at the floor and then Jaehyun. “What do you want to know? I’ll do anything you need”

 

“I’ve been working on my own for this couple of days that I don’t really remember what I need. I think, you can tell me anything you want so I can take anything to use”

 

“You are really tired, dude”

 

“I am” Jaehyun said, caressing his hair. “But I don’t want to abandon the game. I don’t want her father to win” He went on. “I want to see his face when I find her”

 

“I will pay for that as well. Give my soul, my life to see that moment” Jungkook said after clapping his hands together.

 

“I’m all ears then” Jaehyun said, resting his back on his chair this time.

 

Jungkook crossed his arms and legs, looked at ceiling and sighed. “Where should I start?”

 

The club is one of those places where trying to be compose and smart is not quite the right things to do. So that’s why the loud music and the confusing lights are a way to forget you are a human being with a brain. That’s the fun part of going to a club.

 

It was Jungkook’s birthday that day. His friends invited some girls to come over to their VIP section and he talked to all of them but any called his attention. Nada. He was uninterested in all of them but he was having fun anyway.

 

Across the room he saw a girl dancing with her friends, that’s the kind of girl that called his attention. Long red hair, slim y legs, a goddess waist and a gorgeous smile on that gorgeous face. He abandoned the girl he was talking with and walked over to the other group.

 

“So, what’s her name?” He asked to one of her friends that were sited on the couch. He pointed at the one and she laughed hard.

 

“Why do you want to know that?” She laughed. “That’s Chaeyoung, are you interested?” She joked.

 

“A lot actually”

 

“Chayoungnie!!!” The girl yelled loud so her friend could hear her over the music.

 

She turned around and walked over her friend still dancing to the beat.

 

“He wants to meet you” The girl whispered to her as she pointed at Jungkook.

 

Jungkook smiled at her and she smiled back. Then, her friend gives her a sign that she should sit and she did.

 

Right beside Jungkook.

 

“You want to meet me?” She asked on his ear. “I’m trouble; I don’t think you would like me”

 

“You don’t know if you don’t try right?” He tells her on her ears as well. “My name is Jungkook”

 

“Chaeyoung”

 

“See, our names combine!”

 

“Are you crazy? They don’t!” She laughs.

 

Jungkook covered his face. “Sorry, I am really bad a flirting… like this is embarrassing”

 

Chaeyoung laughed again and caressed his shoulder. “Uh, we have a problem with that, because I'm good”

 

“Show me” He said.

 

She stayed in silence for some seconds, then crossed her legs and supported the head with one of her hands. She looked at him straight on his eyes. “'So, where are you from?

 

“OH!” Jungkook yelled. “That was y as ; don’t use that with anybody else!”

 

“'Just answer the question

 

He shrugged. “'I'm from Seoul, although my parents are a bit faraway

 

“'And you feel sad about that?

 

“Yeah, sometimes is a bit sad I'm not wih them due to college

 

“'Poor baby” She said, caressing his thigh close to hers. “You don't have to feel sad anymore. You have a friend in me”  She winked.

 

Jungkook looked at her, mesmerized. Her eyes only looking at him with that sweet smile makes him want to emerge on those forever... then, he caught the hint and start to point at her as she smiled even bigger.

 

“That was so good” He looked at her hand that is still in his tight. “Careful with that though, be thankful I am respectful and all of that because if I was other, I would’ve jumped over you already!”

 

They kept talking on the couch while ordering drinks and more snacks. He forgot about his friends and when his friend noted he was gone, they look for him everywhere until they found him very busy with is new friend. They stayed with the girls jumping, dancing, drinking and talking. The group was getting along pretty well.

 

“We’re staying on Lisa’s house tonight, right?” Jisoo asked, they were already walking out the club.

 

“Jennie is too drunk to drive, so I think we can walk over my house” Lisa answered, she was hugging one of Jungkook’s friends, Taehyung.

 

“Where is Jennie though” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Probably getting in second base with Yoongi?” Taehyung said, giggling along with Jungkook.

 

“Oh my God, we can’t let that happen!” Lisa yelled and tried to escape Taehyung’s hold but he tightened.

 

“Hey, just leave them alone. They’re grownups” Lisa looked at him with a worry expression and he pouted. “Please…”

 

“Ok…” Lisa said and kissed him on his cheek.

 

“You’ll be dead tomorrow, you know Jennie told you to stop her if she does something stupid” Jisoo said to Lisa.

 

“Can you do me the favor and stop her?” Lisa asked her, raising one of her eye brows.

 

“What?! No!” Jisoo said, hugging Namjoon.

 

“We probably should look for them” He said as he kissed Jisoo’s head.

 

“Joonie, you know how Yoongi is when he is stopped” Taehyung said.

 

“What can he do?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“He would probably murder you” Jungkook answered her.

 

“I think they still in the club. I don’t think they are doing the business out here” Lisa said as she grabbed Jisoo to go inside.

 

Taehyung grabbed Lisa again. “Let’s try something” He cleared his throat. “MIN YOONGI!”

 

His echoes were heard throughout the empty venue, a few people who were outside smoking turned around to see them, it was that loud. After what looked like five minutes, the must desire couple appeared. Yoongi was fixing his coat while Jennie was fixing her hair.

 

Yeah, they were doing the business.

 

“Yeah?” Yoongi asked as soon as he arrived.

 

“Where were you?” Taehyung asked, narrowing his eyes. 

 

“Not much of your business, you know?” He answered.

 

Taehyung looked at Yoongi wryly.

 

“I’ll tell you later” Lisa whispered to him and winked.

 

Taehyung grinned. “Why are you so pretty?”

 

“Where were you?” Jisoo whispered at Jennie who was still fixing her bangs.

 

“Tell you later” She whispered at Jisoo and then said. “Ok, where’s my car, let’s go!”

 

“No, eh, we’re going to walk over Lisa’s apartment”

 

“Why?” Jennie pouted.

 

“You didn’t assigned a driver in case you were drunk at the end of the night and even if you did, none of us know how to drive, so… I don’t want to die, Lisa’s apartment is two blocks away, walk” Jisoo stated before a very annoyed Jennie.

 

“I don’t want to walk!!” Jennie whined while kicking the floor.

 

“I can take you home” Yoongi whispered at her.

 

As she hear him say that, “If you abandon us, I swear to god I kill your ” Jisoo threat.

 

Yoongi was in shock but beside him Jennie grinned. “It’s ok, I’ll stay with the girls” and kiss him on his cheek which make him smile.

 

“Can we go now?” Chaeyoung asked, she was tired of being waiting.

 

“Yeah, we should go” Jungkook added and hugged Chaeyong as he noticed she was shaking from cold. “We should walk the girls and then we go back to find our cars” He grabbed her by the hand and started to walk, leaving the others walking slowly behind.

 

They had a considerate distance from the rest.

 

“Happy birthday” She told him.

 

Jungkook smiled. “How did you know?”

 

“Namjoon told me”

 

“Thanks! For the happy birthday and for the present”

 

“What present?” Chaeyoung asked. “I only treat you like one drink”

 

“I’m not talking about the drink” He said as he tightened his hold on her hand. “You were the present today”

 

They both looked at each other. “You are so cheese”

 

“I am…” Jungkook answered, covering his face with his hands. He was a bit embarrassing but he is being honest all along. “Let’s escape”

 

“Escape?” She frowned.

 

Jungkook turned around suddenly. “Ah, Jennie, will you let your car on the parking lot?”

 

Jennie’s eyes wanted to go out running. “My car is on the parking lot!! We need to go back!!”

 

“No, no, “Jungkook said, “I can go and find it. I’ll take it to Lisa’s place”

 

“Why would you do that?” Yoongi narrow his eyes at Jungkook.

 

“Because I am a great guy” Jungkook grinned at Yoongi.

 

“You don’t know how my car looks like” Jennie said.

 

“Chaeyoung will come with me”

 

“I’ll go with him”

 

“You guys are going to bang, aren’t you?” Taehyung joked.

 

“Not your business” Jungkook said as he grabbed the keys from Jennie’s hand and walked back to the club.

 

“Can you stop right there? I don’t want you to tell me that part of the story”

 

Jungkook smiled. “I wasn’t going to do that, man” He made a pause. “After that, we didn’t wait; she was my girlfriend the next day. I think people thought we rushed and that we should’ve known each other better first and yada yada but we dated for eight months”

 

“What was her attitude with you about her dad?”

 

“Annoyed. I wanted to meet him but she used to roll her eyes and said that wasn’t necessary” He shrugged. “I trust her, you know? I let her do whatever she wanted at the end. Besides I didn’t want to fight”

 

“Can you see right there?” Chaeyoung pointed at the distance.

 

Jungkook narrowed his eyes. “I don’t see anything”

 

“Right there, the green ceiling”

 

“Ah, I see it now… what is it?”

 

“That’s where my mom lives”

 

Jungkook looked at Chaeyoung, very surprised. She has been telling him stuff from her family and her past and has been sharing a lot lately and most of all about her mother which she had said they don’t have a very good relationship due to something that happened years ago.

 

The last time she spoke about her, she said that was the last time she mentioned her but now, as he took her back to Australia for vacations she is being reactivating her memories.

 

“You said you wouldn’t talk about her anymore” Jungkook rested his head on her shoulders as he is back hugging her. 

 

“I’m not talking about her” She rested hers. “I’m only pointing at her place, that’s it”

 

“Ah” Jungkook sighed and closed his eyes feeling the wind crashing against his face. “We shouldn’t have come to Australia. I should’ve pick some other place”

 

“Why?”

 

“Talking about your mom makes you feel bad and I brought you exactly where she is”

 

Chaeyoung turned around and hugged him by his neck. “Let’s close this window then. I will not be upset in this trip”

 

“What about her mother? I remember she told me that they had problems” Jaehyun asked.

 

“Well, I don’t remember dude that happened years ago” Jungkook shook his head as he rested his elbows on his knees.

 

“I should remember that” Jaehyun caressed the bridge of his nose. “When did Mr. Park notice?”

 

“You need to calm down and find a peaceful place for you to think” Jungkook said and went on, “When did he found out? Like you wouldn’t imagine”

 

Jungkook was in a video store, planning to rent a few movies for a relaxed night with his girlfriend, knowing that tomorrow both of them need to go to their respective classes, he didn’t’ wanted to do something crazy and out of place.

 

He looked over his shoulders and saw an old man walking towards him and stopped right beside him, looking for movies as well.

 

After a few minutes he heard his voice.

 

“Pride and Prejudice?” He heard. “You’re watching that with your girlfriend I believe”

 

Jungkook giggled. “You guess it right”

 

“That’s my daughter’s favorite movie too”

 

“My girlfriend says she likes the movie because Mr. Darcy”

 

He didn’t notice the man looked at him.

 

“Also, she thinks Elizabeth is a bit too intense but that intensity is romantic” Jungkook looked at the man who was looking at him serious. “Please do not think down on me” He got shy. “I pay attention to Chae that’s it”

 

“Chae?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, my girlfriend’s name is Park Chaeyoung”

 

The man made a short silence. “Is she Korean?” He frowned.

 

Jungkook was finding a bit weird those questions but it was just a casual conversation. At least that is what he thinks.

 

“No, her parents are but she was born in New Zealand”

 

Too much information, Kookie.

 

The man took a deep breath before apologizing and getting out of the store directly to his car. Jungkook only looked at him leaving, his back to him. For a moment he didn’t really thought this was going to end something very special on his life.

 

“In a video store?”

 

“Destiny exist”

 

Mr. Park slides a piece of paper to Jungkook’s side of the table. He saw it but let it there; only looking the words and the numbers that it had printed. Mr. Park already explain him the rules, the tools and the goal.

 

“Why?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Because I love my daughter and she deserves better”

 

“You don’t even know me, Sir”

 

“I know what kind of guy you are”

 

“No, you don’t, and I think is disrespectful from you to think that about me”

 

“Kid, don’t come at me with mor-”

 

Jungkook stood up from the table. “I will not stay here to stand you insulting me. I’m leaving”  He went out of the restaurant as soon as possible, if he stayed any more minutes there he could have punch the out of this men.

 

“I couldn’t stand him talking to me like I was some kind of trash”

 

“What a !” Yoongi yelled as Jungkook was finishing the story. “That guy is demented”

 

“How can he do that to Chae?” Namjoon said sited beside Jungkook. “And how can he do that to you? That’s rudeness”

 

“What are you going to do? You need to find her” Yoongi said sitting on the table in front of Jungkook and holding him by his shoulders. “At all cost!”

 

“How can I do that?” Jungkook said, his voice cracked, feeling so sad.

 

- Does this scenario look familiar to you guys? –

 

“Follow the rules he told you to follow, that’s the only way” Namjoon added, shaking Jungkook’s body.

 

“You should go to your place” Taehyung said, placing a cup of tea on the table. “Close your doors, your windows and everything, be relaxed, all chill and nice, and work on your memory”

 

“Why?” Yoongi asked, a bit annoyed. “He should punch the out of him”

 

“I’m agreeing with that, but, he travelled outside the country, right? He can’t do that, he lost his chance”

 

“And you think that would work?” Namjoon asked again.

 

“My yoga teacher says that is a great way to find peace of mind”

 

“Do you, seriously, think that would work?” Jungkook asked, looking at Yoongi and then Taehyung again.

 

“Believe me. It will!”

 

“I did what Taehyung told me to do. I waited until the guys left; I got a shower, closed my room and windows and worked on my memory. I placed my eyes on one spot on the ceiling and I don’t know how but I wished she was there and I think that desire helped me to remember because the memories flood naturally. And to be honest with you, I remember the things she told me but when the moment of choosing a destiny arrived… I think I just guessed right” Jungkook made a paused. “She was in Japan” He let out a soft laugh. “But destiny kept playing games on me”.

 

“Excuse me”

 

Jungkook stopped one citizen on the streets and used his more basic Japanese to talk to him and ask him for directions. The man told him to grab a taxi and said the exactly words he was telling him and that’s what he did. He stepped out in front of a big building in the center of Shibuya and walked around to see how he could get in because it looked like it was heavily guarded.

 

He spend hours sited on one bench only waiting for the door to be slightly forget but it never happen. The doorman was there all the time together with a cop, behind them there was a sign that he could read as “Authorized Personal Only”. He can’t get in not even if he wants to. But something tells him that this stupid circus means Chaeyoung is here. Chaeyoung is in this building. He found her, and that made him smile a bit even though he was freezing outside.

 

“I was there for about four hours and those guys never left the door. The only people going inside were people who had reserved rooms and all that stuff”

 

Jungkook sighed as he cannot see any possible entrance to that building. The back door? Closed and the parking lot door guarded as well. It was stupid. Is this serious? He sited on a café for some minutes, then went back outside, then sited on the bench again and nothing. No one left the door alone. He was starting to get irritated. He crossed the street when suddenly, “Jungkook?!” He heard a scream coming from a black car that got out from the parking lot and saw Chaeyoung waving her hand out the window.

 

“Chaeyoung?!” Jungkook started running behind the car, taking advantage of the traffic.

 

But even though the streets had traffic, the car never stopped, it even accelerates more, like he was being chased by a monster.

 

“No red light was on my side that day”

 

All the green lights that day were on, apparently. The car never stopped and speeds up after taking a corner and disappeared from Jungkook’s eyes. Mr. Park might be smart but he is smarter. He reserved a room on a hotel one block away and he could have a perfect view of the building that he was guarding all day, but the same car never appeared until it was already midnight. He grabbed his coat and ran towards the entrance.

 

He was excited, so excited, this mean he won and nothing will stopped him from being with her.

 

He was ready to tell Mr. Park “on your face!!” and ask for respect and make him ask for forgiveness, like the monster he is and the champion Jungkook felt he was.

 

“Wow, wow, where are you going kid?” The cop took hold of his coat when he tried to get inside the building.

 

“I’m looking for Mr. Park; he is here with my girlfriend!” Adrenaline ran through his body.

 

“No one is here, kid, get out”

 

“Can you get off me?” He said, pushing the guy away from him and fixed his coat. “Call him; I need to talk to him”

 

“Why are you giving me orders?” The cop said again.

 

“I’m a civilian. I know the number of this country police station and I can call anytime accusing you of aggression”

 

“It’s your word against mine”

 

“I don’t have time to talk to you, call him now!”

 

“What is going on here?” He recognized the voice.

 

“Sir, this kid is looking for you” The cop said. “But I don’t think he deserves your attention”

 

Jungkook frowned and let out an ironically laugh. “You should check your dignity; it’s right on the floor” He told the cop that was, openly selling himself to Mr. Park.

 

The old men walked to Jungkook, putting his hands inside his pockets. “What do you want?”

 

“I want Chaeyoung, she is here. I won”

 

“Chaeyoung is not here”

 

“She is here, can you stop doing this? Let me see her!”

 

“She is not here. You can check every apartment of this building you won’t find anything”

 

Jungkook felt so angry at this point. “You know what? I’m ing done. Call her now or I will go to the police. This is straight up kidnapping”

 

“She is my daughter”

 

“It doesn’t matter! You take her away like she was some kind of object. She is a human being. I bet she is crying right now! Stop hurting her!”

 

“Who do you think you are?!” Mr. Park yelled. “You won’t tell me what to do with my daughter and you don’t come to yell at me on my own property”

 

“I do whatever I ing want!” Jungkook yelled; almost all eyes on him. “Who do you think you are to treat people like they were absolutely nothing?! You think you’re smart?! Well not, you are just another freaking monster. All this you’re doing, makes you one of us!”

 

“How dare y-” Mr. Park frowned.

 

“How I dare to what? Yelled you the truth. You say we’re trash and we don’t deserve her but you don’t deserve her either. If we are trash, so you are!!” Jungkook yelled and Mr. Park stood still. “Now call Chaeyoung here and tell her we’re leaving”

 

“Stop saying nonsense you won’t go with my daughter!!”

 

“You said you were a man of word but you’re really a coward”

 

“Get out of my sight!!!”

 

“Not until I get Chaeyoung with me!”

 

Two more cops arrived to where the situation was happening and took Jungkook by his arms.

 

“What are you doing?!” Jungkook said, trying to fight the hold.

 

“Take this criminal away from my face” Mr. Park waved his hand and walked inside the apartment again.

 

“You’re a coward!! Get off me!!!”

 

“They deported me” Jungkook said. “I was banned for two years on Japan. I couldn’t get into the country” He looked at his hands. “He dragged her back to Korea that day”

 

“What a bastard”

 

“Yeah” Jungkook sighed as he leaned back. “He is such a coward. Oh I forget to tell you this detail. I didn’t grab the card. I let it there on the table. I was determinate to do it”

 

“Did you- did you talk to her again after that?”

 

“Yeah, he took advantage of my ban and she went back to Japan and lived there for two years, so I used to talk to her on SNS but when she went back, the feeling wasn’t there anymore. We stayed as friends”

 

“I understand”

 

“That’s how I know you work here” Jungkook smiled at Jaehyun. “She have told me a lot about you. When I saw your email, I knew what had happened, and as she doesn’t deserve all this bull I decide to come right away. I couldn’t, sorry, you already know why but I’m here already and I’ll help you in anything, man”

 

That made Jaehyun somewhat happy for the first time in all this hell. “I didn’t know she talked about me”

 

“Dude, that girl loves to talk about you. I can’t blame her though; I am like that with my fiancé”

 

“Where did you meet your fiancé?” Jaehyun asked.

 

“Hong Kong. I was there for a convention of my work and, I saw her there. I knew she was the one instantly. I’m glad I did find her, at least”

 

They laughed together.

 

“The only thing I can advise you is the same thing Taehyung told me. Just… a secluded place, somewhere where you know no one will bother you and just focused on her, on your time with her. I think it can help you”

 

Jaehyun nodded. “I’ll try that tonight. As soon as I arrived”

 

“Call me if you need anything” Jungkook said, caressing his thighs, almost ready to get up and leave. “And don’t give up” He stood up.

 

Jae stood up as well. “I don’t think I can’t after that” he walked over where Jungkook is and leaded him to the door.

 

“I think this is a good thing you’re doing. You’re letting your pride a side and you are listening to us”

 

“Us? You know that I-”

 

“Talked to Jimin? Yeah, he and I are friends. I can’t speak for Jackson, but we get along pretty well”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, he is close to Yoongi so… we’re friends. He told me you told him you went to see Jackson before me and him”

 

“That’s actually truth”

 

“You’re doing your best, that’s amazing”

 

“Can I ask you something else? And this is not about my situation”

 

“Sure” Jungkook said, putting his coat on.

 

“Yoongi is the guy Jennie is dating?”

 

Jungkook narrowed his eyes. “I think they’re over now, why?”

 

Jaehyun shook his head. “Just curiosity”

 

He opened the door and found the guys standing up as quickly as they could to run away from them. Yeah, the four grownups were sited there listening to all the conversation and ran when they got caught. Mature enough?

 

“What the hell?” Jaehyun whispered as the guys peeked their head from the other side of the hallway. “Were you guys here all this time?” He asked.

 

“Yeah…” Taeyong said, in a cute tone.

 

“Why?”

 

“We bought you a cake!” Yuta walked slowly to him with the cake on his hand.

 

Jaehyun expression changed. “You bought me a cake?”

 

The guys nodded.

 

“Why?”

 

“We want to make you feel better” Mark smiled.

 

He sighed. “Jungkook they are my friends: Yuta, Mark, Sicheng and Taeyong”

 

“Hi, man” the four guys said as they waved their hands.

 

Jungkook raised his hand. “What’s up?”

 

“Do you guys work?” Jaehyun asked.

 

“Ah… well… I think we will be fire after this” Sicheng admitted.

 

“They’re funny” Jungkook said to Jaehyun.

 

“You have no idea” Jaehyun responded.

 

“They remained me to my friends. They are like that”

 

“And you suffer sometimes?”

 

“Almost all the time”

 

Mistake number three: Make noises. 

 

Lesson learned: All Chaeyoung’s ex-boyfriends are cool dudes.

 

Advice: Go to place secluded, and focus on her. Only on her.