Chapter III

Listen to you

 

 

 

If you’re wondering how Jaehyun and Chaeyoung’s date turned out. It will be a placer to tell you that it went great. They both felt it was the right connection; a connection none of them have made since a long time ago. Even though the first one was too short and it didn’t end with a beautiful first kiss, the others sure helped to do that. They took the time to get to know each other patiently, reviling things not even their best friends knew.

 

The fact that she was so sweet, smart and gorgeous wasn’t the only thing that hooked Jaehyun in such a way but also how incredible weird and funny she is. She was the kind of person that was so open up to talking about pooping and he could feel comfortable with that (which makes him weird too), the kind of person who says what she thinks and loves to express herself. He didn’t really thought she was this way, but he can’t avoid the love he is feeling. He can stay quiet and listen to her talking all day long because he just love her smile every time she ends a funny sentence, or her embarrassment after she said something stupid or that little thing in her eyes when she sees him. His heart is going crazy.

 

For Chaeyoung, Jaehyun was a puzzle but a puzzle she was surely going to resolve. Smart and charming but a bit mysterious. Like he does want to talk about him but he prefers go in a low profile to not bothered her too much. He’s funny when he wants to and tries to make her feel better by acting silly every time she feels bad about herself. She definitely love that part of elegant gentlemen that just wants the best for her but she never gave up when it comes to something that he liked. She gave her best to make him happy and every time they spend more and more time together she was falling even more.

 

They used to love walking around the city, just chatting about little things and about life and occurrences. They did love go to the theater and watch any types of movies.

 

The guys loved Chaeyoung since the very beginning and the girls loved Jaehyun since they met him, so they were extremely comfortable when they hang out together with their friends.

 

Jae got a job as soon as he graduated from college in an architecture firm in the center of Seoul. After working and being saving for six months he was avail to find a new apartment and the guys also went finding places to start their new adult life one by one… but don’t worry, they never forget about each other.

 

They have born to stay together.

 

But something was odd.

 

After they were boyfriend and girlfriend and the months passed like breeze in front of them, Jaehyun wanted to meet Chaeyoung’s dad but she kept negating him. It was a bit unfair to him as she already met his family and they loved her so much.

 

She made a very good connection with his mom; she helped her to cook, helped her to clean and she even obeyed her when she forbid both of them to sleep together in the same room. She was loved very much but what about him? He was dying to introduce himself to her father as her official boyfriend but having that conversation itself brought problems all the time.

 

One day he wanted to give a surprise by picking her up in the hospital and go to dinner with her father and the only thought of them going together to the house made Chaeyoung explode in something that was between anger and fear, something that Jaehyun couldn’t even explain.

 

She went very hard on it and just to let it go he decide to change plans and said that if she didn’t want to do that maybe both of them should go to dinner alone. That made her a bit calmer but made him a bit more uncomfortable.

 

Why?

 

More fights came after that one, of course. Sometimes because Chae lied about him being outside the city or her sudden reaction to Jae’s desires of go and meet him.

 

But one was so huge.

 

This was one of those times where her friends and his friends hang out together on his apartment.

 

“Yeah, so I was so scare that she might though I was spacing out watching her ”

 

They all laughed together as Mark was telling a story of one of his so many dates.

 

“You are the worse. How can you just see that?” Jennie asked.

 

“You should have seen them, they were huge”

 

“That makes me wonder… where you talking with the other girl in the same day?” Yuta asked.

 

“Oh no, Yuta, what are you doing? You’re ruining my image!”

 

“Dude, you already ruined yourself”

 

The girls laughed as the take their drinks.

 

“I know one story from Mark!” Jaehyun yelled from his position. He was hugging Chaeyoung beside him. “And this is funny as hell”

 

“Don’t you dear, Jung Jaehyun!” Mark pointed at him.

 

“Which one of so many that he has?” Taeyong stood up, very excited for Jaehyun’s claim.

 

As friends, they know pretty crazy stories about each other but Mark is the king of crazy stories and the guys just love bullying Mark about it.

 

“…His first birthday party…” Jaehyun looked at Taeyong and both stayed in silence for some seconds until they all started to laugh hysterically. Mark was just hiding his face between his hands.

 

Oh boy, this will be a good one. 

 

“Please don’t” It was the only thing Mark could say.

 

“I want to hear it! I want to hear it!” Jisoo yelled.

 

“Dude, can we?” Jaehyun leaned closer to Mark who still laughing in embarrassment. “I will do it anyway” he said, coming back to his position.

 

“I want to do it! Please let me do it!” Taeyong yelled as everybody still laughing.

 

“Jae, let Taeyong tell the story he does it the best” Yuta addressed.

 

“I do agree with that” Mark said, his position never changed.

 

“Yeah, yeah” Jaehyun pointed at Taeyong. “Please listen carefully doll, you’ll laugh so much” He whispered at Chaeyoung.

 

“So one day we were on our old apartment, you know when we used to live together. It was his birthday-”

 

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!” Mark yelled.

 

“So-” Taeyong laughed. “So we were drinking and playing video games and he drank so much and started to say he wanted to go to strip club”

 

They all started to laugh out loud while Mark kept his face hidden between his palms. He’s laughing though, so don’t worry.

 

“The funniest part is that we went to the strip club!” Yuta added again, after drinking from his glass.

 

“Oh my God… I didn’t remember that” Sicheng said, sited on the floor.

 

“Yeah, so we went to the strip club and we pay a girl for him” Taeyong continue. “But he was so drunk that he passed out when she was dancing” He couldn’t control his laughter for a while. “That isn’t the worst part of all; somebody took pictures of him and uploaded to the club’s website!!”

 

The girls were so shocked as the guys were all laughing.

 

“Are you serious?!” Lisa asked, sharing her sight to each one of them, looking for an answer.

 

And the guys answer her with nods as they were laughing horrible at the story.

 

“Do you guys have the pictures?!” Jisoo asked.

 

“NO!” Mark yelled suddenly, his face red as tomatoes. “No way in hell… you guys told me you erase them”

 

“So, you do have them?!” Jennie yelled and started to laugh.

 

“The worst friends ever!!!” Chaeyoung screamed and laugh.

 

“I know, right?!” Mark putted her hands on his hips, but he has to admit is one of the best stories he has.

 

One day, when their grandsons are old enough, he definitely will tell the story to them but he still have to wait a long time to that so right now is embarrassing.

 

Chaeyoung stood up to serve more snacks and drinks and Jae went with her to help. They could hear Taeyong continue the other part of the story and the girls and the rest laughed as Mark was dying into his shame.

 

“You never told me you went to a strip club” She said leaning in the edge of the counter.

 

He served the drink into the last glass. “You never asked”

 

“I should’ve asked?”

 

He nodded and started to walk towards her. He grabbed her by the waist to get her close and kissed her. A little and sweet peek on her lips. “It was so long ago. If it wasn’t for torturing Mark I wouldn’t have remember it. Besides, knowing how much I love having conversations with you, I would’ve told you anyway”

 

He got out of the kitchen to give the drinks to the guys outside and went back to help Chae with the snacks.

 

“Hey…” He started. “I know we have already talked about it, but your birthday is coming so I was thinking to make a dinner with our parents, maybe”

 

She stopped doing what she was doing and faced him. “Dad is not in the country”

 

He scoffed. “He is Chaeyoung, I heard you talking to him this afternoon saying Jennie will be taking you home”

 

“Ok, than only your parents” She said, saving the candies. “I can dinner with my dad later”

 

“It’s not the case Chae, I want them to meet”

 

“Just… not yet, I don’t think is the right time”

 

“After almost a year is not the time?”

 

He was getting irritated.

 

She grabbed the snacks to take it outside. “We already talk about this”

 

“No” Jaehyun grabbed her arm, pulling her inside the kitchen again. “We are going to end this conversation right here, right now”

 

Chae placed the plates on the table. “Ok, what do you want?”

 

“Meeting your dad, make a great birthday dinner with both families and the guys”

 

“Jae, is not the time, seriously”

 

“Why not? Give me a good reason why is not a good time”

 

Chaeyoung stayed in silence.

 

“Why you keep denying your dad? Why you keep denying me to your dad?” He was getting a bit angry now. “You have any idea how many times I got hurt just because you say you’re staying in Lisa’s; Jennie’s; or Jisoo’s house? You never say you’re staying with me, your official boyfriend for almost a year!”Jaehyun didn’t realize he was yelling at her. “Do you think that’s fair?”

 

“No…”

 

“No, it is not” He had so much to say that this didn’t ended up there. “I have to ask Chaeyoung… do I embarrass you? Are you ashamed of me?”

 

“No, please don’t think that”

 

“Then why?!!” He yelled. “Why I can’t meet your dad? Why I can’t even call him? Why you always deny me? Just why?!”

 

“I can’t tell you”

 

“What?!” Jaehyun made a fist and took a few steps away from her.

 

“I’m leaving…” Chaeyoung said and started to run towards their bedroom. Leaving Jaehyun on the kitchen burning in rage. She can’t tell him? What the actual ? Is there really something wrong? Is it him? Is it the way he … the way he what? He is a very nice guy, everybody really love him… why would she just… he is so confused right now.

 

The guys outside were in silence too. They couldn’t continue the conversation because they felt just so out of place.

 

Jaehyun stormed out of the kitchen. “Chae” He knocked the door twice. “Chae, please open the door”

 

She opened the door slowly and let him in. He stepped inside and saw she was getting her bag ready.

 

“What are you doing?” He asked.

 

“I’m leaving…”

 

“What?” He asked again. “Leaving, no…”

 

“I just don’t want to talk about it right now”

 

He walked towards her and held her cheeks between his hands, trying to make her look at his eyes. “I’m sorry… I- I just… this whole thing upsets me”

 

“I know” She said. “But, I don’t want to stay here tonight ok? Please, just let me go Yoonoh”

 

“But-”

 

“You don’t deserve this, please let me go”

 

“What? Are you braking up with me?”

 

“No” She shook her head. “But please, let me think about all this”

 

He knows her so much by this point. He knows that when she calls him by his real name, she is serious. He let her go and watched her grab all her things and getting out of his room.

 

She walked and stopped on the living room where the guys were all quiet.

 

“Can we go girls?”

 

“Sure” The four girls answered in unison and said goodbyes to the guys who were still sited on the couch. Jennie grabbed the keys of her car and walked towards the door with Lisa and Jisoo behind.

 

“Bye guys…” She waved her hand slowly and followed the girls outside.

 

“Bye Chae…” They guys answered in unison as well, waving their hands at her.

 

Oh man, that was a huge fight. This night was going well until this horrible thing happen. And see what I was talking about in the beginning? With the only thought of Jaehyun meeting her dad, Chaeyoung just explodes without any convincing reason.

 

He is starting to feel the reason is him.

 

Taeyong was kind of worry about him not letting his room for about an hour. The four guys were discussing if they should go to his room and comfort him or if they should stay outside waiting for him to come to the living room. It was really like Sophie’s Choice. Both options were very difficult. Does he wants to be alone? Does he wants to be with them?

 

They could finally talk one week later. He went for her to the hospital where she was working on without letting her know.

 

He loves her and she loves him back so they let go the past fights because of her dad to a side and continue their relationship as they were having it.

 

But Jaehyun never let the thought of wanting to make the relationship official by meeting her dad. He never did. So one day he appeared on her house while she was working.

 

He had never tried this because he was afraid of something way bigger than the last time was going to happen… but he can’t control his desires of meeting her dad.

 

It’s one of those things that if people forbid you to do it, you will have more and more desire to just do it.

 

And Dara opened the door for him.

 

She made a horrible expression. Like she just saw the most horrible ghost.

 

“Oh kid, what are you doing here?”

 

“I just want to talk with Mr. Park” He showed a cute smile.

 

“No, no” Dara said, thinking out loud. “You shouldn’t be here”

 

What is wrong with the world? Does no one want him to get close to this man? This woman’s work is telling him to wait for him that she will get him but she is actually having this attitude with him. Not very educated.

 

He stepped inside because he was there already, he will not back down.

 

“Dara?” He heard a husky voice coming from the second floor. “Who was it?”

 

Dara looked back and forth between the hallway and Jaehyun’s face. She didn’t know how explain it but she was so scare and worry about this. Jaehyun just looked at her and waited for her to say he was there… and that’s when she didn’t have another choice.

 

“Somebody come to see you, Sir” She yelled softly.

 

“Oh, I’m coming down”

 

Jaehyun had a very innocent smile on his face. He finally is going to meet him. He hopes everything to turn out well, even though it looks like he is going against so many people’s wishes. When Chae finds out about this, she might flip out but maybe if they get along it won’t be so hard to convince her he was a good boy.

 

A middle age man came down the stairs wearing casual clothes and taking off his glasses. He stopped when he saw Jaehyun standing next to the door.

 

“Who are you?” He asked.

 

“I want to talk to you, sir, so I can formally introduce myself”

 

“Come to my office” He went back the same room he left. And Jaehyun went upstairs following him. He knocked twice before he received the permission from the man to get inside.

 

“Close the door” The old man asked; Jaehyun obeyed him and closed the door behind him.

 

“Ok, we are here” The man said, placing his glasses in his desk. “Who are you?” He was death serious.

 

Jaehyun took a deep breather. “My name is Jung Yoonho, I’m Chaeyoung’s boyfriend”

 

He saw how the man frowned after he said that. “My daughter’s boyfriend?”

 

“Yes, Sir” Jaehyun continue, very innocent. “I’m 24 years old, I’m-”

 

“Stop it” He walked behind the desk and took out something from his top drawer. “How much you want?”

 

Jaehyun frowned even harder than him. “Excuse me?”

 

“How much you want?” It was a checkbook. He took his pencil right after. “Tell me a number”

 

“For what, Sir?” He asked again, very confused.

 

“You can’t be my daughter’s boyfriend so I want you to stop seeing her”

 

“Excuse me, Sir, I really don’t understand” He doesn’t know if this is a joke or if it’s serious.

 

“My daughter makes the most tragic choices for boyfriends and as my experience is large, you are another tragic choice. I want you to stop seeing her and if you don’t want to, I’ll pay you for you to do so”

 

“Sorry Sir, I think you got me wrong” The man looked up at him. “I won’t accept any money or stop seeing your daughter”

 

“You have some guts…” Mr. Park walked in front of his desk and leaned on the edge crossing his arm in his chest. “…Come here and say those things to me?”

 

Jaehyun was in silence. His parents taught him to be respectful in front of elderlies but this dude is actually way more rude than he ever was so why should he be so soft towards him? This guy just offered him money to stop seeing Chaeyoung… if he thinks he can do whatever he wants with him… he is wrong. Jaehyun will make himself be respected.

 

“I didn’t say anything rude to you, Sir” Jaehyun answered. “I just stated the facts” He made a pause and went on. “My name is Jung Yoonoh. I’m your daughter’s boyfriend. I’m 24 years old. I’m an architect. And it doesn’t matter if you say you’ll give me an empty check, I won’t accept anything”

 

So that’s why no one wanted him to meet this monster…

 

“I will keep being at Chaeyoung’s side, I hope you understand” He bowed at him and walked out of the room.

 

“We’ll see…”