Chapter XII

Listen to you

 

 

 

“Jae?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I don’t want to watch this movie anymore”

 

“Why?”

 

“It’s boring!”

 

“It’s no supposed to be boring. It’s a comedy”

 

“Sometimes comedies are boring”

 

“Ok, what you want to do?”

 

“Can we go to your bed?”

 

“Are you proposing me something dirty?”

 

“Would you accept it?”

 

Chaeyoung sited on Jaehyun’s lap, both legs in each side of him. She grabbed his shirt tightly and got close to him slowly. Jaehyun closed his eyes at the mere touch of her breaths against his neck and ear lobe. He let out a soft whisper. “I’ll accept anything for you” He then made his hand travelled from her waist to her back, pushing her closer. “I want you”

 

Their foreheads touched, their lips partially open. The heat and the sensuality were rising.

 

He is not a bad guy, he is not the type of guy that cheats, he is not the type of guy who fools his feelings, he is not the type of guy who gives up and most important he considered himself a guy who is totally in love with his girlfriends and can’t do this to her. When he didn’t responded in a negative way; feelings and memories rushed back to him in a second. The feeling, the touch, the smell, the way of the kiss is ANYTHING compare to Chaeyoung’s so no… he won’t like this.

 

Jaehyun pushed Seulgi slightly. He slowly pressed his hands on her shoulders and pushed her back. She was so confused but she followed his commands and got off his body too. He stood up from the couch and grabbed the gown to give it to her.

 

“Put that on” He said, not making eye contact with her.

 

“Why?” She said, feeling a bit embarrassed as she pressed the fabric against her chest. Covering her .

 

“I can’t do this”

 

“Why?” She asked again this time she added with an angry tone. “What about if she’s with someone else? You don’t even know what she is doing; she might have forgotten you already while you’re trying to find her”

 

He didn’t say anything.

 

“You need to move on with your life, you know. How many days have been passing? Just let go”

 

“No” He grabbed his suitcase and coat that were both placed beside the couch. “Thanks for having me” And opened the door, leaving the room.

 

Wow. That was close. No, actually, it wasn’t even close. How the mind works is something unbelievable, in one second he remembered every single thing he truly feels when he and Chaeyoung are making love, the sensation and the energy... no… not even if he imagines that Seulgi is Chaeyoung.

 

He walked to the exit of the building and took a taxi to the airport. It’s still midnight but he will sleep there for a while until the flight for South Korea arrives for him to leave. As the trip to the airport was a bit long, he rested his head on the backrest and looked outside the window.

 

“Ah” He said, the sky is dark and full of stars, what just happened is just a bad memory now. “I’m trying to find you, you know?” He made a pause. “I’m not with someone else. It’s not for me”

 

“You make me feel so many things. What are you doing to me?”

 

“I’m just acting natural”

 

“You’re a liar. You’re witch, right?”

 

Chaeyoung laughed. “I’m not a witch stop it!”

 

“You are, because this is not normal of me”

 

“What is not normal? Yeah, the guy who never had ”

 

“Not in his office”

 

“I’m sorry; I know I became spicy all of the sudden”

 

“Now, I’m all sweat for the reunion”

 

“Are you complaining?”

 

“No” He said. “I’m actually kind of happy”

 

“Jaehyun? The meeting is about to start” The voice of his secretary sounded from outside.

 

“See? Sweat for the meeting” He said and he stole a quick kiss from her before fixing his hair on the reflex of the window. “Do I look good?”

 

“You always look good” Chaeyoung said.

 

“I love you so much” He kissed her again and ran outside of his office.

 

When he arrived to the airport he asked for his ticket and sat on the waiting room. Here we go again. Back to Korea and back to work, in so many different ways. He defined his mind, he will find her but now he was back to the start. Well, since a while, he feels like he just started. It will get hard day by day but now he is used to everything go wrong.

 

“The flight 127 EUROPE AIRLINES with destiny to Spain at 6:30A.M please aboard through 8th gate. Thank you”

 

He saw the hour on his ticket and he saw 11AM exactly, he needs to wait 6 hours on this fluffy couch. Thankfully is comfortable because he has nothing better to do and wait six hours is a bit boring. Maybe he can sleep for a bit. He closed his eyes. What should he do now? Go back to his room and do the remembering session? Do what Jungkook told him to do? Ask his friends for help? Yeah it’s definitely like coming back to the start again, he doesn’t really know what to do.

 

“You should read this book” Chaeyoung handed him the book she was reading.

 

Both of them were sited on his couch, he was reading a design magazine while she was reading just a book. That was the book he handed him.

 

“What is about?”

 

“I won’t tell but you’ll like it”

 

“I don’t work with books like that baby”

 

“Trust me! You’ll like it and you’ll be thankful that I give it to you”

 

“What is this?”

 

“The apart-page”

 

“What is it say?”

 

“Don’t give up on French” Jaehyun looked at her. She smiled as she shrugged. “It’s part of a proverb. I bought it because it sounded cool”

 

“So, are you giving me the book now?”

 

“Yeah, I just finish it”

 

“Ok, let me finish my magazine and I’ll start to read it”

 

So really, was she giving him signs all this time of their relationship or everything she give to him were just coincidence? It’s actually something very interesting to think of. Maybe Chaeyoung knew this would happen… no… she totally knew this would happen and that’s why she didn’t want him to meet her dad just yet. Ah, she is so smart and he is such a stupid little brat, he should’ve listened to her form the beginning and he wouldn’t be in this position.

 

Jae, what a bad move you did here.

 

“The flight 172 AUSTRALIAN PARADISE with destiny to New Zealand at 7:45A.M. Please aboard through 6th gate. Thank you”

 

Can the voice shut the ? He’s trying to think here.

 

“Do you remember how we met?”

 

“Yeah, I never forget embarrassing moments”

 

“Hey!” Jaehyun shouted and made Chaeyoung laugh. “Don’t do this to me, I still feel bad about that”

 

“It has been almost a year from that baby, don’t recall it”

 

“But is fun to remember”

 

“Make up your mind!”

 

“Well… that day I wasn’t that convinced to do a party on the apartment. Mark was the one who wanted to do it because our landlord wasn’t on the building. I was against it in so many ways. And now that, the party I was against to actually brought me to you, I kind appreciate that day more”

 

“Does Mark tease you?”

 

“All the time. He says that ‘thanks to me you…’ yada yada yada”

 

“He banged my friend that day right?”

 

“Yeah, he did”

 

“If you wouldn’t have been that drunk, you would have done that with me?”

 

“What? Banged you?”

 

She nodded.

 

“OF COURSE!”

 

“Yah! What? Are you serious?”

 

“Well, if you offered me to, I would have”

 

“Do you want the truth?”

 

“Oh my… there’s a truth?”

 

“Yes, there is”

 

“Tell me the truth”

 

“I wanted to humped you”

 

“No way in hell!”

 

“I swear!”

 

“Park Chaeyoung!”

 

She was laughing and blushing at the same time.

 

“You looked so hot on that suit that night. I’m sorry”

 

“And why didn’t you tell me about it?”

 

“I saw you so drunk, you passed out. How can I bang someone like that?”

 

“Oh gooood!” He placed both hands on his face. “I ruin that too”

 

“I kind of glad you did”

 

“Why?”

 

“What about if we never had a relationship after that?” She said. “What about if that stayed just as a one night stand?” She made a silence and then kissed him on his cheek. “I’m glad everything turned out this way”

 

“Well... if you think about it, now we can bang almost all day”

 

“Great point but still, rude!”

 

Jaehyun is having a big smile on his face while remembering that. It’s cute. Everything of her is cute. Their conversations were always cute. Were always sincere and honest. Were lovable. Were always amazing. Being around her was his peace. She was his war-free zone. How could he even think on letting someone else touching him? NO! Good thing he knows what he truly feels to the point of getting out of that place where Seulgi was. Besides, if she is with someone else, better that someone else prepared himself to ing die.

 

“The flight 217 NCT TRAVELS with destiny to Japan at 9:55A.M please aboard through the 9th gate. Thank you”

 

He made a fist with his hand in sign of satisfaction. Just one hour left to leave this beautiful hell hole Australia has become.

 

“We want to announce to our passengers and visitors something important. In order to clean any misunderstanding or confusion. Our airport DOES not send fly tickets to Faeroe’s Islands”

 

Jaehyun suddenly opened his eyes.

 

“For you to arrive to this archipelago, you need to buy a ticket to England, Denmark, Iceland or Norway .We hope this can ease your confusions as we have been receiving a lot of…

 

The voice in the background trailed off. Actually, everything, each noise of his surroundings has gone. He can probably think he’s deaf but he knows better… that was freaking destiny.

 

“When I was little, we used to live with my grandmother. We… we were happy, you know? No worries, no fights, only us, a cold weather, nice food and a lake right in front of my grandmother’s house. I used to play around that lake all the time but I couldn’t learn how to swing, I was always scared, and mom used to say it was very deep so that made me less excited to learn” Chaeyoung made a pause and she continue. “There was a wood dock that my dad built as he used to fish very often. I used to play there and my dad was always sited with me while reading the paper”

 

“Doll, what are you trying to say?”

 

“Listen to me, please”

 

Jaehyun fixed his body to face her closer. “Ok”

 

“One day… I was playing and I was very in the edge and one of my toys fell. I thought I could reach it but, when I tried to do so I fell to the water.  My dad didn’t realize because, first he was reading and second he was having a cold so he decide to sit on a bench we had in the yard, he wasn’t that close to me to realize”

 

“You were drowning?”

 

“Basically” She said. “It took a few minutes for my dad to realize I was gone and he jumped inside the lake to find me. When he did I was dead for two minutes, according to him. My grandma called the ambulance, my mom was crying nonstop and suddenly I started to breathe. Right after he did the CPR. I can’t remember what I saw that day or what happened while I was… dead… but when I woke up  I saw something in my dad, something changed, it was so quickly and I was so little that I couldn’t recognize. He was like feeling responsible for all the mess.”

 

“Time passed and in deed, something did change. My dad was overprotective with me all the time. He didn’t let me play outside, or have friends, or get dirty like every little kid would want. He didn’t let me ride bike or play with sand because the sand was close to the beach… yeah… that was his excuse. He totally forgot about my mom. He forgot he had a wife and she didn’t take that very well. How would I know this would happen? It was not my fault, I swear” A tear rolled from her eyes and Jaehyun kissed it gently, making her smile. “Thank you”

 

“Please don’t cry. You can stop right here”

 

“No, Jae, I want to tell you everything” She continued. “She asked for the divorce and the day of the trial, my dad told me that if the judge asked me where I wanted to go, I should say I want to go with my mom, because he thought I would be better with her as he travelled a lot and couldn’t keep an eye on me. The judge did. He asked. And I said, I want to go with my mom and she answered that she didn’t want me”

 

Jaehyun frowned at that.

 

“She said ‘no, I don’t want her, she can stay with him’ I wanted to cry, I swear I wanted to cry so much but it didn’t come out, so I answer ‘ok, daddy I want to be with you’”

 

“How can you reject your own daughter?” He whispered to himself.

 

“She hates me, she somehow thinks I stole her husband”

 

“That doesn’t make any sense!” Jaehyun was starting to get angry.

 

“So, when it was official, my mom never came to see me, not even if it was a judge’s rule. My dad didn’t ask for it either, he said that would hurt me. And here I am… with an overprotective father and a mother that doesn’t love me. What a nice girlfriend you have” She giggled as she covered with both hands and dry her nose.

 

“She’s the best” Jaehyun cupped her face and made her look at him. “I am so in love, you wouldn’t believe it”

 

That made her smile, at least a bit.

 

“Where was that place?”

 

“Faeroe’s Islands. My grandmother lives there with my cousin Bom” She answered. “She is the only part of my mom that really loves me. When I go, she doesn’t show up”

 

Jaehyun rolled his eyes. “So she doesn’t want to see you at all? Not even in the edge of dying?”

 

She shook her head.

 

“So annoying” He hugged her. “Come here”

 

This is his last resource. It’s like curiosity just brought him up on his feet. He won’t lose anything if he looks there, right? It’s kind of like a just in case place to go and he is right there on an airport, why not go right now? His heart is going crazy and wild and excited all at the same time. He is taking the shot.

 

“Hello, how can I help you?”

 

“I need a ticket to Denmark”