Namjoon's Confession

You and BTS: Scenarios (OPEN for Requests)

Requested by byzeloxoxo. Thank you for submitting the request!

Scenario: When Namjoon has a crush on his best friend Hyerin. He doesn’t have the courage to confess until he gets tired of seeing her crying because of other men. (A story based on Astro's confession song)

Pairing: Park Hyerin & Rap Monster (Namjoon)

 

“I think it would sound better if you put more emphasis on the first part. Try that, okay? One more time,” Namjoon said to Hoseok who gave him a thumbs up from inside the recording booth.

Namjoon pressed play and Hoseok began rapping his part again. They were finishing the recording of one of the songs on their upcoming album. Namjoon heard a buzzing noise go off and he shifted his attention to his phone. Hyerin was calling him. This was a bad sign considering that she only called when something came up. Normally they contacted each other through text messages.

“Answer it. Isn’t it important?” Yoongi asked sounding nonchalant like he usually did.

Namjoon nodded.

“I’ll take over from here so you go do whatever you have to do.”

“Thanks hyung,” Namjoon said as he exited the studio. “Hello?” he answered anxiously. “Hyerin?”

“Namjoon…” He heard her say and he grew worried.

“What’s wrong? Did something happen?” The last question had been a stupid one to ask. Of course something had happened. Hyerin had bad luck when it came to dating men and constantly had her heart broken by them. Apparently this time hadn’t been any different.

She ignored his questions. “Do you want to drink with me?”

He bit his lip in frustration. “Where are you?” he asked and listened for her answer. “Okay. Stay right where you are. I’m coming.”

~.~.~.~.~

~.~.~.~.~

As Namjoon entered the restaurant, he bowed to the owner who seemed to be judging his best friend for sitting alone drinking on a Tuesday night. He tried not to make eye contact with anyone although the only customers there were middle aged men. His hat helped him hide his face but it didn’t guarantee that he wouldn’t get spotted by someone as Rap Monster. He had to be cautious.  

Hyerin smiled as she saw him. “You’re here. Sorry for making you come. I know how difficult it is for you to meet me in public.”

She wasn’t drunk yet, but she would get there with a few more glasses.

Namjoon shrugged. “It’s fine.”

Hyerin noticed how different he sounded. He seemed distant from her. “Ajumma. Another shot glass please.” The woman brought over the glass and Hyerin didn’t hesitate before filling it with soju. “Drink up,” she said and Namjoon did.

He propped his elbow on the table and leaned forward to rest his head against his hand. “So tell me what happened.”

“I got dumped. He said I was boring,” she revealed.

“What?” Namjoon asked. “Are you ing kidding me? That’s what he said?”

“Something must be wrong with me. What do I do that men don’t like? Why do they always leave me?”

“You are not boring and nothing is wrong with you. You just make bad judgments when you meet men. Why can’t you just see the good guys apart from the bad guys? Are you clueless? This isn’t the first time it has happened.”

“Gosh, Namjoon,” Hyerin said with a frown. “Why are you being so cold towards me? I called you so you could comfort me, not for you to make me feel worse.”

“Oh, well I’m sorry,” he said sarcastically. “I’m just extremely frustrated because the girl that I like keeps getting hurt by men who don’t give her the care she deserves when I’m standing right in front of her.”

“W-what? What did you just say?” she asked.

“I like you.”

She was stunned by his sudden confession. Kim Namjoon, her best friend, liked her as more than a friend?

Since when?

“Since when?” she repeated her thought out loud.

“Since high school,” Namjoon answered. “I was always afraid of telling you how I felt because I didn’t want to ruin our friendship… But I can’t just ignore my feelings anymore. I don’t want to see you get hurt anymore. I want you to know that you have me… If you feel the same way I do about you that is...” He felt nervous not knowing what she was going to say back to him.

“Couldn’t you have told me sooner?” she asked with a sigh. “The whole reason why I was trying to get myself involved in a relationship was to ignore the feelings that I had for you.”

Namjoon couldn’t help but let out a small laugh. He couldn’t believe it. “You mean… You’ve liked me this whole time too?”

She nodded. “I never had the courage to tell you I liked you because I knew how important music is to you… When you were a trainee, I didn’t want to be a distraction to you… Even now when you’re so successful as a BTS member.”

“Well, you won’t be a distraction. You’re my inspiration.”

Hyerin giggled at his cheesy words. However, what he just told her was so warming to hear.

Namjoon smiled. “Should we date from today on?”

“Okay,” Hyerin nodded. “Let’s date.”

 

Can I just say... SHE INSFIRES HIM?! lol. Please leave more requests!