{Their Story}

Pas de Deux - A step for two

Chapter 5 - Fate

 

The birds were chirping, the wind was gentle swifting over trees and flowers. The sunlight shined through each and every corner of the streets, and the noise of cicadas were echoing throughout the air. And there were Jimin and Mina on their way to their class, they could feel the stares from people, around their school. It was pretty intense.

“Why do I feel like… we are getting attention?” Mina scans her surrounding, while tighten her grip on Jimin’s arm.

“Hmmm I’m not sure.” Jimin turned his head and looked at Mina with the same confused expression.

As they headed toward the school’s gate, the younger girl with two pigtails, stopped in front of them, arms crosses. She didn’t really look really thrill with the scene she was seeing.

“What is the meaning of this, Jimin-oppa?” She hissed, a crimson color slowly brushed over her face.

Jimin gave her a ‘What-do-you-mean?’ face. His eyebrows made a knot.

The girl proceed to take a step closer to Jimin and Mina, flailed her hand between the couple. “I don’t allow whatever this is!” She shouts

“Mimi!” Joshua popped up from behind his sister, grabbed her hand and dragged her away. “What are you doing? Are you out of your mind?” He questioned his younger sister’s behavior.

“What? Are you against me now too? Jimin-oppa is belong to me! You! Don’t you dare take him away from me!” Mimi kept rising her voice, and pointed her finger directly at Mina.

Mina who was still in shock, couldn’t really process what just happened. She shifted her eyes to Jimin and asked

“You guys are together?”

“No, we are not…” Jimin quickly shook his head.

“They aren’t my sister is just really like Jimin” Joshua said, while covered Mimi’s mouth.

“Whatever! I will take Jimin back! Don’t you forget that we will have our duet soon in a few months! Hmmph!” Mimi scoffed, then jabbed her finger on Jimin’s chest.

“... Well I did not forget about that, but I will soon, since you being really rude to my girlfriend.” Jimin brushed Mimi’s hand off of him, and gave her the annoyed face.

The people surround them were in shock, the top student Park Jimin just declared to have a girlfriend, when he always declined love letters from countless girls, even the one from out of their school.

[Girlfriend, he said] a fainted of red tint slowly crept up Mina’s cheeks, it getting a bit warm, she thought to herself.  She sneakily looked up at Jimin’s define jawline, and their eyes met. He grabs her hand and gently pulls her toward inside the school. Leaving Mimi totally frozen in disbelief. While her brother, Joshua bursted out laughing.

As the two lovers passed through rows of tree, Mina could feel Jimin warm hand passing to her, she loved it. She suddenly lets out a chuckle.

“What so funny now?” Jimin stopped and looked at Mina, he still looks somewhat annoy about what happened few minutes earlier.

“Nothing, I’m just happy of what you said” She avoided his stare, because she can feel her face is beef red.

Jimin blushed as soon as he recalled what he called Mina earlier, he touched his nose to hide some of the red. Then slowly took a step closer to Mina, “Well, I’m glad it didn’t took you by surprise, but I mean, that is what we are right?” He said and glanced down to their hands.Mina nodded her head and her lips curved into a big grin. Then her expression changed into a frown.

“Wait, why are you frowning?” Jimin worriedly asked.

“I didn’t know you are that popular among young girls” She cutely pouts.

“But I never agree to go out with any of those girls, you are my first.” He quickly assured her, pulled her hand up near his face and gave it a kiss.

Mina was just teasing him, but his reaction really made her heart fluttered, she could feel butterflies can burst out of her stomach at any moment. Mina, then on her tippy toes, and swiftly gave Jimin a peck on his left cheek. Then opened up her classic gummy smile.

That took Jimin by surprise, he caressed the side of his face and blushed like mad.

 

---------Meanwhile back at Jihyo’s house----------

 

Jihyo was still at home, she didn’t feel like going to school today, after her meeting with Jimin. She slumped on the couch and just mindlessly stare at the screen from her phone. There a picture of her and a guy with jet black hair, Min Yoongi. Her eyes getting a bit red, she had been crying as soon as Jimin and Mina left the house, she missed him, she missed his touch and his love for her. Jihyo gently on the screen, where Yoongi’s face located at. She closed her eyes and her old memories started to rise up, and it overwhelming.

It was a couple years ago after Jihyo came back from Japan, she met Yoongi, just by pure chance. They were friend, then they fell in love, then eventually broke it off. It wasn’t something they decided by themselves, they didn’t want to leave each other, but fate wasn’t kind to them.


 

-2 years ago-

 

“Jihyo-chan...”

“Mina-chan~ how are you doing? I missed you~” Jihyo cheerily asked her best friend

“I’m doing fine, Jihyo-chan. I’m just walking back home, are you home yet?”

“Are you really okay? You don’t sound okay at all Mina-ah…”  The sounds in Mina’s voice worried Jihyo 

“I’m okay Jihyo-ah, I just get super tired from school projects and such”  Jihyo could hear Mina slowly choking up from the other line.

“... Okay, if you say so…make sure you tell me whenever you feel bad okay? Love you, I will call you again tomorrow.” Jihyo worries assure Mina

“Araso, I love you too”

 

The call ended, Jihyo wasn’t having it, Mina was lying and she could tell. But since they are two countries apart, Jihyo knew she can’t do much, but just giving her best friend all of the supports she can give.

She was going to ask her parent about letting Mina come to Korea and live with them, she knew it wouldn’t be a big problem, because her parent love Mina and Mina’s parent trust Jihyo with all their heart. She just wanted the best for her friend.

Jihyo grabbed her handbag and headed out to her usual favorite place, the CD shop. She planned to come by and check out the latest music and a potential ‘Lil late bloomer’ album, by ‘The Kingz Throne’ her favorite band. Since the band was underrated, so not a lot of shop offer selling their albums. So Jihyo had to check all of the stores in town just to get her hand on it, and today she going to head to her secret shop. Hoping that they will carry some of the new album.

As she reached the door steps, the sound of the bell rang over her head when she opened the green door. The scent of cinnamon rolls candle hits her at once. Sweet and delicious.

“Hey young lady,” The owner of the shop, who is in his seventy, greeted Jihyo with a smile. “Welcome back” He adds

“Good morning Mr.Kim! I’m just here to check something, I promised I won’t camp at your store for too long!” She smiled back at him and gave him a salute.

The old man chuckled, slid his glasses down and resumed to read his newspaper. Meanwhile, Jihyo skipped across the store and headed straight to the ‘New Arrival’ section, she carefully skim through the list of the names and voila, the last copy of the ‘Lil Late Bloomer’. She swiftly reached for the copy, but her fingers touched a hand that blocked right in front of her.

“I’m so sorry” She said, retreated her hand.

The hand grabbed the last copy and took it away from it original spot, Jihyo was distress, and it was show clearly on her face.

“Did you want this too?” The gentle voice asked

Jihyo looked up and see this beautiful man in front of her, well cute rather, his face looked like fluffy marshmallow, and his jet black silky hair compliment his face features really well. She was stunned, he was totally her type.

“Hello?” He waved at her

“Ah, yes, I do want that copy…” She looked away from his face and started to fidgeting with her fingers.

“Hmm I also want this, this is my favorite band after all” He pouts.

“Really?? They are my favorite too! I love their ‘Head Guns’ song the most! And… Oops sorry, you caught me off guard” Jihyo blushed like mad after got too excited.

I mean who could blame her, when she finally able to found someone that love the same band she did, and literally no one around her know about their songs.

“Pfft” The male let out a snicker, “Haha that’s okay, it rare to find someone like TKT” he said

“But I really want this album, since I collected all of their previous one as well…” He continues.

“Same…” Jihyo pouts, “You can have it! I can find another one from another store.” She pursed her lips

“Are you sure?” He asked

“Uh hm” She nodded, and smiled at him

The young man stared at her for a couple second, “My name is Min Yoongi” he spoke

“Park Jihyo”

“So Jihyo, how about this, I will copy down their songs and I will give you a copy of it” He said, “Sorry I can’t give you the original, just because I really really want it”, he paused then continue “And I’m pretty sure, no other the store will have this album”

Jihyo pout turned into a smile, “For real? You will do that? I will be happy to take the copied one”

The corner of Yoongi curved into a smile, “Alright, let meet again here tomorrow, I will make sure to bring the copy to you.”

They shook hand, and Jihyo left the store…

They forgot to settle on the time…

But that was how they met.

 

 

 

Wewwww I finally able to update this story XD

Please also check out my new fic, focus mainly on Jihyo with Jungkook and Yoongi. Also Mina and Taehyung and Jimin. I just want to try different ships between my favorite babies <3