{When The Storm Starts}

Pas de Deux - A step for two

Chapter 6 - Changé

 

After the commotion in the morning with Joshua’s sister, the whole school is pretty much well informed that Jimin has a girlfriend. The Park Jimin, the school’s most popular student has a girlfriend. Tears can be see from most of the girls who had their crush on him, and also some very angry individuals. During class time, everyone from the class either look at Jimin and Mina or they are looking at sulky the Mimi. The couple, of course do not pay much attention to other people, they are pretty much j

ust stay in their own little bubble. From the far corner, Mrs. Han obviously knows something is going on, she slowly approaching Jimin side.

“Mr. Park can you please fill me in something that I might have missed?” she looks at him dead in the eyes and asks.

“Nothing really, I just wanted to cancel the duet performance with Mimi.” He responses her with a nonchalant tone.

Mrs. Han rises one of her brow, “and why is that?”

“She was being very unprofessional to me and my partner here, and her attitude isn’t compatible to be my dance partner either.” He inhales, then continues “also, I didn’t know that I need her permission have have a girlfriend,” he says mockingly.

“Well, I don’t think changing partner is that easy. Since we choose the top 2 students for a reason, it for a national competition. Which I didn’t think I needed to remind you Mr. Park.” Mrs. Han says sharply, her eyes look cold.

“However,” she starts “Unless you can find someone at Mimi’s level. I might reconsider it”

Jimin takes a glance over his shoulder, Mina looks a bit worry over the other two conversation.

“So?” Mrs. Han  says

“I want Mina to be my partner for the competition.” He grabs Mina’s hand and pulls her right next to him. Of course, she gives him a ‘what-did-he-just-say’’ face.

There is an odd expression from the dance instructor, her face goes from shock to sour in a split second. “No.” She states firmly.

“Why not? Minais from a best ballet school in Kobe, I think she is suitable” his voice raises a bit

“I SAID NO!” Mrs. Han voice harden. The class froze, they knew she is a strict teacher, but she would never, ever raised her voice at anyone. Jimin is taken back by that, he makes a stronger grip on Mina’s hand.

“This conversation is over, you will be partner with Mimi, and that’s final.” Mrs. Han turns away, her voice goes back to cold. “Ms. Myoui, please come with me” She says, a tiny sound of sadness can be heard in her tone.

Jimin looks at Mina, stunned. Tears are forming on her eyes, she brushes his hand off, and gives Jimin a smile, “I will be back” then follows closely behind Mrs. Han.

There is a silent floating in the air, small chats broke out as soon as the two left the room. Many was confused what just happened, included Jimin. The expression Mina gives him earlier, it hurts. He feels like he just somehow destroyed a part of her.

Outside the building, Mina still follow behind Mrs. Han. They stop at the school water fountain

“Mina… about earlier, I’m sorry” Mrs. Han’s cold face drops, her brow furrows together.

The younger girl shakes her head, and smiles, the color of sadness paints across her face. “Aunty, I have a favor to ask...” She looks up at Mrs. Han

“Mina… you can’t do this to yourself…” The older woman says, her eyes getting red.

“Please, aunty Han, I beg of you. Lemme be on stage one more time. I promise I will be careful.” Mina pleads, squeezes her aunty’s hand.

Mrs.Han sighs, she looks at her niece and starts to sniffle. “I will see what can I do… Just promise me, you will keep yourself safe.”

“I promise you,” Mina tightens her grip.

Her aunt pets her head gently, “Let’s go back” she says, hold onto Mina’s waist and leds her inside.

“So are you and Mr.Park really together now?” Mrs. Han says, tried to lighten up the mood.

Mina nods, “But he doesn’t know my condition yet, so you must not tell him aunty.” She stares down at her feet. Her aunt doesn’t say anything, she just sighs and murmurs ‘okay’ to Mina.

Back to the classroom, while Jimin on his feet feeling nervous. Mimi walks toward him.

“So, you heard Mrs. Han. You.Are.Still.My.Partner.” She says, with pride.

The young man glares at her, “Hmmp” he scoffs and lightly pushes her out of his way. The classroom’s door opens, his face lits up as soon as he sees the sight of Mina. Jimin quickly walks to her side, but stops suddenly when his eyes meet with Mrs. Han. The black haired girl trotting to Jimin, seeing her smiling face, he sighs in relief.

“I will reconsider the request, and I will talk to headmaster after.” Mrs. Han says, with her arm crosses.

The commotion from within the class can be heard, everyone is in shock. Including Mimi, her face gets boiling red.

“WHY?! I won’t accept this! We never even see her dance once!” Mimi screams, pointing her finger at Mina.

“I said, I will reconsider it.” Mrs. Han glares her icy cold stare at Mimi

“I want to see her level, if she is better than me then I will give this ty role to her.” Mimi protests.

The words from Mimi stings, Mina gets flashback in her head. Jimin can see the trouble on Mina’s face, he grabs onto her hand tight.

The teacher looks at Mina, “Well, Ms. Myoui. If you want this role, then prove it to me as well. You two have 2 weeks to prepare a pas seul on any piece you want.”

Mina is hesitating to give the answer, but she tells herself ‘this is your last chance’. “I will” She says, looks straight in Mrs. Han’s eyes.

“And you? Ms. Hong?”

“Fair enough” Mimi scoffs.

Mrs. Han dismisses the class, only the couple stay behind.

“I’m sorry… I shoulda ask you first behind just blurred out that I wanted you to be my partner.”

“No, It’s alright. I indeed wanted to be in the competition as well.” Mina shakes her head and leans against Jimin’s body.

His arms wrap around her small frame, then rests his face on top of her head. “ I really am adore you, Myoui Mina.” He whispers to her ear. Her face gets more red, his sweet voice melts her heart.

Gently, Jimin her face and lift it up. They lock their gaze, they can see each other reflection. Then he softly placed his lips on her’s, they kissed.

 

“I can’t ing forgive her!” Mimi curses under her breathe. Her face is painted with anger.

 

----------------------------------------------Notes------------------------------------

 

Wooooo I finally finished this chapter Q vQ

This time I got hard writer block and it a pain in the !

But they kissed so I am happy XD