{Beginning of the past}

Pas de Deux - A step for two

Chapter 4 - Préparation

 

♬~ Maybe I, I can never fly

I can’t fly like the flower petals over there ~♬

 

It is the morning after, Mina slowly opens her eyes, turns off the alarm melody from her phone and gets out of bed. “Uhmm”, she groans as she stretching her arms up in the air. As she moving her body, a soft sound of metal clashing each other, Jimin’s necklace. Mina grabs the pendant up closer to her face, she gives out a delightful smile. Looking at the necklace, her body suddenly remember of the dance she did from last night. She holds her arm up to the side, as if there is someone supporting her from the back, Mina swiftly move her left leg, and spin around the room gracefully. Softly, she humming to the song, and her mind is full of Jimin.

 

*Thump*

 

The sound of her falling on the wooden floor, Mina whimpers. She hugs her left knee and tries to ease the sharp pain is going through her body. There are tears forming around the corner of her eyes, but she is making sure not a single sound escaping her lips, she is afraid that she will worry Jihyo. After a while, the pain has gone away, yet, Mina is still on the cold floor. It seems like her energy is already drained just from the pain earlier. She closes her eyes, and a lot of images flashing through…

 

“You think you are all that, don’t you?”

 

A tall and well built body spat at the small girl on the ground, there were several other girls standing around as well, but none was saying anything.

 

“You ing stole my role! You B*tch! Don’t show your face around me again or else I will make your life a living hell!”

 

She scoffed and signaled the rest of the girl to leave. Some of them even left some horrible remarks about the poor girl before they leave her alone.

 

And that girl was Mina.

 

[Living hell... she said…]

 

The corner of Mina’s mouth turned red, one of the girl earlier slapped her. She stood up, wiped most of the dirt off her clothes, and her body was covered in bruises and scratches. It stings, every part of her body is burning. She wanted to cry but she already long pass that stage, because this was something she been dealing with everyday since her dance school start. Mina is a quiet girl, she always keep to herself and never wanted to provoke someone attention. However, her talent can’t go unseen, she has been gift with a brilliant ballet skill, the best out of her school. That always cause her trouble, since the dance instructors always dotted on her and gave her the main spotlight roles. Mina often get picked on because of that, but she endured the hardship, because she loved ballet so much.

 

♬~ It’s like a wind that gently me

It’s like a dust that gently drifts along~♬

 

“Jihyo-chan...” Mina weakly answered her phone.

“Mina-chan~ how are you doing? I missed you~” Jihyo cheerily on the other line.

 

“I’m doing fine, Jihyo-chan. I’m just walking back home, are you home yet?” Mina tried to sound as cheerful as she can, she is making sure Jihyo doesn’t know about her situation right now.

 

“Are you really okay? You don’t sound okay at all Mina-ah…”

 

As soon as Jihyo finished, Mina couldn’t contain her tears back, Jihyo is the only person understand her the most.

 

“I’m okay Jihyo-ah, I just get super tired from school projects and such” She quickly make up a lie.

 

“... Okay, if you say so…make sure you tell me whenever you feel bad okay? Love you, I will call you again tomorrow.” Jihyo worries assure Mina

 

“Araso, I love you too”

 

She hung up on the call and started to cross the street, her empty eyes follow cars passed by. Suddenly she felt a push behind her back, everything became slow motion in front of her.

 

*Tires screeching*

 

The flashback ends, Mina turns on her back and rests her arm on her forehead. She feels sick in the stomach from remember the past incident, the scar forever remains on her knee.

 

“You can’t enter competitive ballet anymore, or else you will make your condition worse… and I afraid your left side will be paralyze forever…”

 

The words from her doctor hurt, she knows she can’t really enter any dance competition anymore, she can’t work in the professional world like she would love too. Her little dream was crushed because of the word jealousy.

 

*Doors knocking*

 

“Come in” Mina says

 

“Good morning~” Jihyo opens the door and happily greet her best friend.

 

“Eh? Why are you lying on the floor? Isn’t it cold?” Jihyo questioned while helping Mina get up.

 

“I just like the cold feel from the floor” Mina gives a out a soft smile

 

Jihyo doesn’t look so convinced by Mina’s words, but she pushes that off and grabs Mina’s arm

 

“Okay, fine, but look! Someone is waiting for you outside!”

 

Before Mina could even react, Jihyo drags Mina to the window and quickly pull the curtain aside.

 

Mina’s eyes widened, the sight in front of her makes her smile. She quickly runs down the front door, without remember that she is still in her pajamas.

 

“Good morning.” She happily smile

 

“Good morning!”

 

Jimin been waiting for Mina for few minutes, until Jihyo catches the sight of him waiting outside through their garden.

 

“Do you want to walk to class today?” Jimin shyly asked “I… I got us some bagels for breakfast as well!” he added

 

Mina nodded and shyly opens a grin on her face.

 

“Do you want to come inside and wait for Mina? She still needs to get ready~” Jihyo pops out from the inside and making a mischievous smile. Mina suddenly gets out of her little day dream and realizes she hasn’t even change clothes or brushes her teeth yet. She quickly ran inside just madly blushes.

 

“I didn’t expect the person she met was you, Jimin-oppa” Jihyo offers Jimin coffee while they are inside the house.

 

“The world sure is small right? Jihyo-ah” Jimin grabs the cup from Jihyo’s hand.

 

“...”

 

“He missed you, Suga-hyung” Jimin breaks a sad smile.

 

Jihyo looks away and seems like she was about to tear up.

 

“I’m ready.” Mina softly says while she walking downstair. Jihyo walks up to her and nudges Mina’s arm “Have fun today Mina-chan” she whispers

 

“Alrighty, you two have fun~” Jihyo gently pushes Mina to Jimin side and assist them out the front door.

 

The three wave goodbye at each other, and Mina noticed Jimin gets quite suddenly.

 

“Is everything okay?” She worries and asks

 

Jimin turns and look at her and brightly smile, “No, nothing much, here is your share” he gives Mina’s his bagel and keeps staring at her. Mina receives the fresh baking breakfast and slowly enjoying it, she can feels Jimin intense stare, she turns her head and asks “Is there something on my face?”

 

The silver haired boy grins, “No, but there are stars in your eyes and it really pretty”. His words make Mina flusters, she moves her head away because she got bright red. He chuckles. But who could blame him, when Mina’s eyes are always sparkle like star. Jimin also like the way Mina’s hair keep on bouncing when she walking, he thinks it super cute.

 

He sticks out his hand to her, Mina looks at it and realizes that Jimin want to hold her hand. She switches the bagel to her left hand and slowly grabs on Jimin’s hand with her right. It makes Jimin happy, he quickly squeezes her hand and softly swinging it back and forth.

 

Meanwhile back at Mina’s house, Jihyo still couldn’t believe that no matter how much she trying to avoid, she somehow still connect to her first love, Min Yoongi.

 

“I missed you too, Yoongi-oppa.”

 

 

Woo~ Chapter 4 is here finally!

 

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much I do~

The pace of the story is pretty slow and I know :P But I hope you guys understand~ Because I wanted to build up the story as much as I can <3