One Day

like a butterfly~

"________-ah, ________-ah."

My eyes are heavy as I open them to Jungkook hovering over me. He looks worried. "Oppa?"

"Hm." He shouldn't be here or rather I hadn't expected to see him so soon. "You wouldn't answer my call, so I got worried."

"Oh, yeah, sorry, I put my phone on silent." I wince when I move to sit up on my bed. "Didn't you just land?" He had been on an overseas schedule for the last few days.

''Yeah, a few hours ago.'' He sits down on the edge of the bed, still frowning. ''I called Joon. Is it very painful?'' I look up into his eyes in surprise. "Lee snatched the phone from him."

"Ah," of course she wouldn't hesitate to tell him that I was trying not to die from these terrible cramps. "It's because of the ice cream."

"Ice cream causes belly pains?" At least it doesn't seem like he was awkward about it.

"No." I can't help but laugh at his cute frown. "If I have anything cold a week before, I get more painful cramps."

"Ah..." He blinks, his dimple appearing as he purses his lips. "I'll remember that."
Sometimes I couldn't even remember that. Lately, there has just been too much going on that I forgot about my own period approaching.
"I ran you a bath." My eyebrows raise in surprise. "My mom also made food for you."

"Your mom made food... for me?" Jungkook bends down and slips his hands under my back and knees to carry me to the bathroom and I instantly smell the nice scent. "What's that smell?"

"It's supposed to help with cramps and is relaxing." Jungkook sits me down on the closed toilet lid. "I bought this from the pharmacy."

Isn't he the most precious? I pat the back of his head with a smile. "So thoughtful.''

He looks at me. "You know what to do now, right? Because I won't be able to help you."

I burst out laughing. ''Yes, I know.''

"I'll put the food into smaller containers. There is a lot."

"I'll have to thank your mother properly."

"Don't worry about that, yet." He takes a few steps back and looks around nervously. Why, I don't know. "Call me, if you need anything."
I nod and watch him close the door behind him.

A few minutes later, I'm soaking in the warm water. I added bubbles because whatever Jungkook bought hadn't foamed up. It's only a bit later that I already feel like getting out. I wanted to talk to him. I call out to Jungkook.

A few seconds later, I hear a knock but the door stays closed. "Everything alright?"

"I missed you, Oppa." This sounds so desperate. But even though he had only been gone for a few days I found myself missing him. "Can you please keep me company?"

There is no response for a good five minutes and I wonder if he knows that I'm just hormonal right now and it's easier to just ignore me. I close my eyes and relax. But then I hear the door open and close again. "I'm here."

Slowly, I lift my lids and burst out laughing when I see that he had used a towel to tie around his head.

"What?" He says exasperated and also embarrassed. "I'm only trying to be a gentleman."

I reach out and pull on the cloth. "You won't see anything."

"It's just precaution, ok?" He peeks one eye open after a while but I had used the towel to cover my top half for his benefit.

''Ok. Then sit down, like that you might as well throw your precaution out the window.'' As soon as I said the words, he sits down on the mat. ''Do your parents live in Seoul now?''

''Ah, yeah. I bought them a place here so if they visit, it's easier for them.'' He's really filial. I should really take an example of him. ''My mom said that if you have any other symptoms that you should go see the doctor. Do you have a fever?''

I shake my head. ''Only cramps.''

''Does that happen every time? What about when you don't eat anything cold?''

''Then... it still feels uncomfortable the first day.'' I am kinda in awe that I'm telling him all of this. ''But not painful.''

His lower lip juts out as he looks at the edge of the tub then his eyes find me again. "Have these days been tiring?"

"Hm, a little." That's an understatement. "While you were gone I actually took the days off to take care of my father." Jungkook scoots closer. "It was hard."

"You shouldn't have to do this alone."

"But there is no one else than me..." I trail off and think back to seeing my father struggling to eat by himself and remembering how my mother had, too. It really makes me wonder if I will end up like that, too.
My eyes shift to Jungkook. I don't ever want to put him through that.

Jungkook stares into my eyes and I wonder what he sees to have fallen for me again.
"Did you cut your hair?" He says out of nowhere.

I'm surprised because my hair had been in a bun this whole time. ''How do you know?''

He points at his neck. ''You forgot a few.''

I look down and see a few strands of hair swimming in the water. Looking very much like a spider. ''Do you remember the spider?''

''How could I forget?''

I snicker. "I'm surprised you aren't being awkward about this, you look so calm."

"I'm surprised you are so relaxed while I'm sitting here." Jungkook says back.

"It's because you can't see and I'm just happy you're here.'' And I trust him.

He tilts his head slightly and then snaps his finger as he perks up. ''I know what can make you feel better. Watch me, ok?''

''Ok.''

"~Actually I have something to tell you~" Jungkook starts singing and taps his index fingers together shyly. "~Actually I like you~"

"~This much~" he forms half a heart with one hand. "~This much,~" another half with his other hand. "~This much~" Then two hearts with his forefingers and thumbs. "~This much~"

I smile at the next part. "~I love you~." Drawing a heart with his fingers, he then shoots it at me while clicking his tongue twice.

I look at him as he awaits my reaction but he must know it already. Jungkook had just sung the confession song to cheer me up. ''That was cute.''

''Ah, was it?'' He asks, amused. ''I'm glad you liked it.''

''I liked it too much.'' I lift one hand out of the water and over the tub. He looks at it then wraps his fingers around mine gingerly. ''Thank you, Oppa.''

"I will only do this once a month so enjoy it." He shakes my fingers as if making a deal. ''Call?''

''Call.'' I agree softly and take a deep breath.

"Are you feeling better already? My mother made you special soup but if you need I can go buy some painkillers."
Jungkook is a sweetheart. He truly is.

I smile at him weakly. "It's ok, seeing you is enough."

He looks at me, a spark of surprise in his eyes. "You're stealing all my lines."

I giggle and nod. "I have to learn from someone. And you are such a natural."

"You're right. More than once have I been told that I am cute no matter what I do." He finishes with a long yawn.

"When did you land?" I repeat the question.

"I landed two hours ago. I visited my mother and then rushed over here after getting a few DVDs."

"Are we going to watch a movie?" I sit up excitedly and even though I had kept the towel in place his hands still instantly reach up to cover his eyes.

"Please, help me here in protecting you, ________."

I pout from his scolding. "That just shows how comfortable I am with you."

But he's right of course. No sudden flashing needed. Towel or no towel. That makes me remember. "You flashed me too!"

"When did I?" He drops his hands defensively.

"Oppa, you're even worse, you did it when I was drunk." I shake my head in mock disappointment.

"Hold on. You screamed." I try really hard not to laugh at his tone of voice. But I fail. "Aigoo," I hear him murmur. "You're too much.''

I bite my tongue as I giggle away.

"You know, I really missed hearing your voice." The feeling is mutual. "What did you do?"

"Mhm," what could I tell him? "Ah, right, we went to meet up with a few wedding planers, Lee and I."

"Did they make up?"

"Something like that." A lot of threatening had happened but those are the details that no one needs to hear. "We checked out a bunch of places. The dresses were so beautiful. Lee will look so stunning in white."

"When is the wedding?"

"March, on the day they first started dating. If everything works out well, they are going to have an outside wedding in a garden. Everything will look so pretty."

"One day that will be you." Jungkook's voice sounded so certain. "One day."

"I always wanted a wedding at the beach, but then again I don't like the heat in summer. Spring could be too windy for a beach wedding and the other seasons too cold. So, maybe the beach is a no no." Even though there was still a long road ahead of us, talking about it is fun. "What kind of wedding have you always wanted, Oppa?"

"With you by my side." He says cutely.

As much as it is super corny, I can't help but like that too much. "Nice."

"Nice, right?"

I smile and so does he.

* * * * * *

"Do you ever enjoy living alone?"

Jungkook looks up from removing the oil from the soup. She had been watching him, sitting on the stool, with her head braced on her hand. Sometimes deep in thought and sometimes with her eyes focused on him. Her hair was up in a bun and she was back to wearing her cute, fluffy pajamas after the bath.

''I'm slowly getting used to it. I only sleep at home mostly, so it never gets lonely.'' He sees s all the time.

''I'm so used to living alone, I can't remember how it feels like to have someone wait for you or wait for someone to come.''

"To be honest, if it's someone who you have lived with for a long time then it's nothing special." Jungkook is trying to be careful with his words. "Because it has become the norm to be together."

"Mhm... I guess...'' She's staring at something far away. ''I want to experience that myself but I think I'm not suited to live with others. Honestly, it's been my fantasy recently to live with someone but if it's going to burst my bubble...''

Sometimes the way she says things, putting them in a dark light, made him worry that she would pull away from him and isolate herself because she is so used to depending on herself.
It's not a bad thing to depend on oneself but Jungkook wanted her to see that she doesn't have to with him.

"________-ie," Jungkook lowers the fire on the soup he was reheating and walks to her. "Living together can be beautiful."

"Huh," she snaps out of it and sits up straight. "Oh, I know. I'm sorry, I can get like that sometimes."

Everyone will get like that sometimes. "You can try and come home to me waiting for you once in a while or the other way around."

"I guess before we ever actually take that step it would be smart to test it out, huh." She steps down from her stool and hugs him around the waist. "But I'm never going to sleep over again. Drunk or not."

He puts his arms around her comfortingly. "But you sleep so tightly next to me. I couldn't help but watch you."

"See, that's why it's a no no again. " Jungkook read how over time couples adopt each others speaking habits and mannerism. It's so cute how she is doing it already. "Don't say it."

He grins and pulls away. "What?"

"I know you think I was cute just now. You can think it but don't say it." Her arms drop as she steps back.

"I'm only going to think it then." And then very quietly almost inaudible he whispers or rather mouths the word 'cutie' which she in response hits him for and turns away to the stove.

"You are not sleeping here tonight." She checks on the soup and Jungkook's eyes move over the fluffy hood of her wear. It has ears, too. She is just a ball of cuteness. Bu he won't tell her that.

Moving behind her, Jungkook encircles her in his arms. "But I don't want to leave."

"You may stay if you drink this for me." The entire apartment smelled after this soup and only god knows and his mother of course what caused that smell. "It's been a long time since I had this."

"Who made it for you the last time?" She lifts the spoon to his mouth and as soon as it settles into his taste buds he instantly cringes, grimacing. "How do you drink a whole bowl?"

"Yeah, right?" She turns off the fire completely and pours it into the bowl. "But since your mother made this, I will drink it."

"I will tell her that you drank it with a smile."

She snorts. "You mom will know it's a lie then."
They sit down at the kitchen island and he watches her cringe while drinking it. "It's really been too long."

"When was the last time?"

"Minhyukie's mother made me something like this once about... 3 years ago."

"Is he still in Korea? Minhyuk." He had seen the expression on Minhyuk. It looks like his crush, which can't possibly only be a crush anymore, on her had never faded. His look had been crestfallen when he saw them together.

"Hm, Minhyukie has a few things to do here, he will be staying for a couple more weeks." Keeping on the bowl she gulps it all down in one go.

"Still alive?" Jungkook puts a hand to her back when she still hasn't moved after a while.

"I would really like to have ice cream right now." She groans and turns toward him in the stool. "You men have it good."

"Yeah, we have it good. We get to have ice cream whenever we want and I get to look at you all I want."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." She slides down the stool and points her index finger at him. "All these beautiful girls at the broadcasting station and all these beautiful ladies at fan meetings and then there is IU."

"Ah." Jungkook voices sheepishly and follows her as she wanders to the living room.

"Ah..." She juts her chin out and mocks him playfully. Then she bends down to scoop Bobo up who had been waiting for her. "Bobo-ah, you are the most loyal. Really, thank you for your existence."

"Ah, don't be like that." Cooing at her had the opposite effect as she glares at him. "But I don't always look."

"Which means that you sometimes do." He couldn't tell if she was really upset as she was smiling now. His mother had advised him to me more sensitive with his words. "It's ok, you're a man after all."

Being a man didn't sound very nice in that moment. "But I'm your man."

"That's not true," she walks backwards and plops down on the couch. "I have to share you, you're not mine."

Jungkook ruffles the back of his head and slowly joins her not sure if it actually bothers her or if she was just joking. It usually seems like no problem which makes him unsure of the situation. "Does it really bother you?"

She thinks her answer through for a few seconds. "No... Ah, I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm like this today.'' She leans her head back and grimaces before sighing deeply.
''But since I already brushed upon it... I don't know how things will turn out and how I will react, so maybe in the future it might upset me. I'm hoping that I will embrace it for you." Her eyes that had been on Bobo shift to him. "But in case I can't I'm asking you to be more patient with me."

"This is something you've been thinking about, right?" She pulls her lip between her teeth and nods. "The more you open up to me, the more I will be able to make you happy."

She sits up at that. ''You do make me happy." She grabs his hand between her two. "I am happy, really. Just... ignore me."

"How could I ignore you when it's your heart speaking." Jungkook leans over to gently knock his head against hers. "Just so you know, I'm never going to ignore you."

With their heads touching, her eyes were even more breathtaking and when she flusters up and leans away, Jungkook smiles. "Don't be so cheesy."

"But I am cheesy."

"Cheesy Kookie." Bobo hops over to him and settles into his lap.

"Talking about cheese," Jungkook pushes to his feet and places Bobo on the ground. "There is something else I brought from home."

Returning after a while to the couch with her leaning forward with curious eyes, Jungkook hands her the pretty paper box. "My mom wanted me to give you this."

"Your mom? Again?" Gingerly, she takes the bag and puts it on her lap. "Now, I feel burdensome for not getting her anything."

"You don't need to."

"Of course, I have to." She whacks him across his chest with the back of her hand and frowns. "You should, too. Oh, wait, you already have." She adds, probably remembering their conversation before.

"Let's go together." He scoots closer to wrap an arm around her. "To visit our home in Busan as a small vacation."

"Ya, when do you have time? Your comeback is coming up. And also the musical." She turns her attention to the box and peeks in. "Is that cake?"

"Eoh. She made it herself yesterday. She has recently gotten into baking." They both laugh at Bobo for a moment who was eagerly and impatiently jumping up and down wanting to get to the delicious smelling cake. ''She also wanted me to give you this.''
Tentatively, she takes the card from his hand. "Wuah, your mom is amazing."

Her eyes, as she reads the letter very meticulously as if soaking in word for word. What this must mean to her, he can only imagine. From a mother to a daughter.

Jungkook glances at the card curious to know what his mother had written and when he peers at ________'s face again, he can clearly see her getting emotionally affected as her eyes stay still on one specific spot.

"Are you crying?" Jungkook leans forward when he sees the wetness in her eyes.

"Huh? Oh, no, I'm just moved." She blinks rapidly and looks at the ceiling. "I'm really thankful. Do you think I should send her a message? Since I can't meet her, yet."

"I'll send it to her." Taking his phone out he aims it at her.

"Wait, what? No!" She blocks the camera with her hands. "I meant a message as in a letter, not my face. I look like a mess."

"No, you don't." Jungkook lowers her hands. "I'm sure she would love to get a message from you."

"Alright." She stands up, leaving him there.

"Where are you going?"

"Getting some cards." She looks over her shoulder. "But I don't know her preferences. Oppa, you need to help me." It's so cute to see her worrying over this.
"Stop smiling and help me!" She beckons her hand urgently. "Come."

Doing as he is told, Jungkook steps into her other room that she keeps closed most of the time. It seems to be a spare bedroom of some kind. This room is even more decorated than her main bedroom. She seems to love souvenirs.

"I used to love buying pretty post cards from all the different cities in Japan."

"Really?" He takes in all of her memories around him. "It's cute in here."

"I know, right?" She glances over her shoulder from searching in her cupboard to throw him a smile. "This used to be my guest room whenever I came to visit."

''This apartment used to be...''

''My brother's.'' She finishes. ''He actually lives with Jieun-Eonni but this is the apartment that his company provides for him, it's closer to where he works.''
It's a good company then if they still provide him with the apartment even though he is in military service.
''Sometimes, though, he comes to visit me in return, so I have to keep the decorating on the down low.''

"How very nice of you." He teases her because he remembers how she had told him about her brother's dislike for pretty things. "Isn't it up there?"

"Hm?" Jungkook had pointed at a see through box way up on the shelf. "Oh, yeah." She goes to get a chair but Jungkook beats her to it.

"I'll get it."

''While you're at it, can you choose one? I'm not sure what your mother will like."

"She'll love whatever you give her." It's the thought that matters. Anything else is just a bonus.
Stepping on the chair he slides the box out a little to take a look and after a few seconds decides on a simple, flowery card.

"Thank you." She beams at him and goes to sit down on the other chair grabbing the next best pencil and then halting. "I should practice first."

Jungkook smiling, puts the chair next to hers and sits down. "What do you plan to write?"

The taps the pen against her chin. "Not sure, but usually the words just come to me as I start writing."

"Just like with my letter?"

Her lashes flutter as she glances at him. Her beautiful eyes turn from sincerity to embarrassment as she looks away. "Gosh, I can't believe I wrote all of that."

"Why?" Jungkook exclaims. "You don't agree anymore?"

"No, of course, I do." She jumps to explain. "It's just. I can't believe I just put it all out there. What if you hated me after our fight?''

''I never hated you.'' Jungkook emphasizes. "To the contrary, I have to thank you for baring your feelings like that because I couldn't come to terms with my own feelings until your letter."

"Ah… really?" He can tell that she heard exactly what he meant in his words. The struggle he had after their breakup.

"Yes. So, thank you." He bumps her arm to lighten the mood.

Solemn for a few seconds more, she then looks at him with a smitten smile. "Well, then I'm glad I wrote the letter with all its contents."

Jungkook smiles.

Focusing back on the letter, she purses her lips and murmurs while writing. "To Jungkook's Eomma,"
His smile deepens. "Ah, your mother is really beautiful."

She didn't even say it in a way for him to hear but just as a genuine thought. His mother is beautiful. He always thought that. And the beauty that his girlfriend strives for is truly admirable. The beauty of a kind heart.

* * * * * *

"Bobo is a really pretty dog." Jungkook comments.

"Yeah, I think that all the time, too. He looks particularly beautiful in the sunlight."

"His fur."

"Yes." I could probably talk about dogs all day. There is just something about them that make my whole being light up. "How is Cloud?"

"He's getting old. And I see him way too little." I pout at that. I love dogs. "Does Bobo love playing with other puppies?"

"Yeah," I shake my head at distant memories. "Oh my gosh, Oppa, as soon as he sees other dogs it's like he doesn't even have an owner. He loves playing so much, it doesn't matter if the collar hurts him he will pull and tug on it until I sit him down."

"Like now…" He says as we've been training him for the last hour with a plastic ball. Bobo also loves balls. "Shibas seem really hard to train."

"They're stubborn." I deadpan but pat Bobo's fur. He turns his head to look at me. "But very affectionate."

"He loves you." Jungkook comments.

"Yeah…" I smile at Bobo. "Go!"

Skidding over the floor in excitement he gets the ball that has been lying in front of the door. Training him takes away the fun. But I have learned that they easily get the urge to hunt things which should be avoided so I've started to discipline him.

My eyes graze the clock and I gasps. "Oppa, it's almost 2am already. You need to go home and sleep."

His shoulder slump, he must have noticed before me. "Yeah, I should."

I rub his back. "You're going to be tired tomorrow, hurry home."

"Ah, alright." Resigned he gets his shoes to leave. I quickly get the rest of Bobo's toys and store them away.

He has his hands in his pockets as he waits for me at the door. The corners of his mouth are turned down slightly.
"I will miss you, too." I say without him having to first. "But I'll see you tomorrow, I promised." Since I won't have to work today, I told him that I will spend the whole day with him.

Pouting at me a bit longer, almost making me tuck him into my own bed, his shoulders soon soften in resignation. "Yeah, I guess that's for the best."

"And I'll even buy breakfast and wake you up really early." I say cheerfully in hopes to give him strength.

"Oh, right." He reaches into his jacket and pulls out a key. "Here, the key. I lock it at night so if you want to come in and wake me you need this."

I look at it in my hand, somehow feeling really warm about him giving me his key to my apartment. ''What about you? How are you going to get in?''

''Jiminie-Hyung has the other one.''

''He won't like you waking him in the middle of the night.'' Jungkook just shrugs. "Ok. I'll see you tomorrow morning, Honey." He raises his eyebrow. "Baby? No? Love?"

"Oppa." Jungkook chooses.

"Ok." I giggle. "Good night, Oppa."

"Good night, ________." He smiles softly then turns to Bobo who was still chewing on the ball. "Good night, Bobo-yah, be a good boy and be patient."

As soon as Jungkook turns the handle, Bobo loses interest in the ball and dashes to the door but Jungkook stops him. "Ey, no, no, no. You know you're not allowed to. Bobo, sit down." Surprisingly Bobo obliges and sits down without delay.

"Wuah," I'm astounded. "Good boy, Bobo."

"Yeah, really good." Jungkook keeps one finger held up but then leans in to give me a kiss. "Good night, if you can't wake up tomorrow don't worry about it, you can come later."

"No, no, I will be there to wake you as promised." He brushes my chin with a handsome smile. "Drive safely."

"Hm, I will." Giving me one last reluctant look, Jungkook closes the door behind him, rattling the handle once then twice probably to make sure it's securely closed.

Aren't we already a small well functioning family?



— — —

Chong!Jojun!Balsa!

That's all I've been able to think about and obviously Jungkook especially after today.
First, it's him and his pretty eyes appearing out of nowhere. I really didn't expect him to open the door when Sana knocked on it. I was very close to my laptop screen bc it's so small and jumped back when nochu came through xD
Then during the mini fanmeeting when he stared right into my soul again with his beautiful eyes and again Chong!Jojun!Balsa!.... then the abs party that k armys mentioned on twitter... *loses train of thought*....... his smirk too....

Not to forget of course Spring Day 1st (which I really didn't expect bc usually if a group doesn't perform on SC they can't win) and 2nd win and Album of the Year 4th quarter yuhuuuuuuuuuuu and y'all they finally performed Save ME it's all I wanted for soooooo long and when I saw the setlist I screamed.... as always...

I've been feeling blessed that Jungkook is loving the specs and also the leather jacket... that's why this took me longer to proof read and I probably failed at that too bc the previews were being tweeted and I kept getting distracted... also BEGIN???? HAS?? A ??? CHOREO??? like it has so much footwork but he was still able to sing so well IM SO PROUD ;;;;;;;

ALSO BILLBOARD BUBBLING UNDER HOT.... eh what was it called again? We are so close!

I have so much to talk about because I haven't posted all week. It's because I haven't been feeling well at all emotionally which then affected my physicality. I became a little bit depressed tbh... but I'm better now ^^ so thanks for waiting <3 (wow I really rambled alot o.o)