october

A Look Inside the Cup

october;

It wasn’t good when Baekhyun found Chanyeol making love potions again. Well, okay, it was okay seeing Chanyeol with his hair all messed up, eyes protected by his dorky goggles he wore only when he was doing something for an extended period of time, and his tie and shirt all disheveled from how concentrated and frustrated—No, Baekhyun was angry. Very angry. “Park Chanyeol, what do you think you’re doing?” Baekhyun asked, eyebrow raised and head cocked to one side. Good, impressive angry pose, Byun.

“I…uh…” Chanyeol placed the cork in the vial before placing it down gently with his other love potions. “You know our anniversary is soon, and I’m broke. I had to get some dough before our anniversary so I could get you a good anniversary present.”

Baekhyun was slowly losing his angry pose; it was now turning into goopy, emotional Baekhyun stance and Baekhyun didn’t like what Baekhyun was doing. Get your head in the game, Byun! “You promised me that after we got together, you wouldn’t do this again.”

“But look,” Chanyeol got up and wiped his clammy hands on his pants. “We got together thanks to these potions. Look at Jungkook and Jimin, they’re happy now after the whole love potion fiasco they had. Look at so many couples who realized who they really loved through these pink drinks. Baekhyun, I’m doing this for the greater good.” Baekhyun felt himself crumble at Chanyeol’s puppy pout. “Hyunnie, please?” he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist.

“Hmph.” Baekhyun averted his gaze from Chanyeol. Chanyeol’s puppy eyes were a death trap. If you were in, you could never get out. You were done for.

Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun gently on the cheek. “It’s thanks to those potions that you and I are like this right now. And it’s all thanks to those potions that we’ll get to live with each other and own a dog. It’s also thanks to these potions that I’ll get to propose to you and get married in the future. C’mon. It did more good to us than harm, hm?”

Baekhyun hated losing, but Chanyeol was really good at convincing him and seducing him. “Fine, but only this once, okay?”

“Okay, honey.” Chanyeol chuckled and gave a loud smooch on Baekhyun’s mouth.

“But what you said just now… are they really your future plans?” Baekhyun tilted his head, running his fingers through Chanyeol’s fluffy hair with a smile.

“Remember when Ms. Song looked into our cup for us and saw our future as a couple living together with a dog? I wanted to fulfil that. And plus, I never thought about marrying anyone else but you. You’re my first love, stupid.” Chanyeol bumped Baekhyun’s forehead with his. “I love you, happy almost anniversary.”

“I hate you.” Baekhyun mumbled. (He lied.)