LAST Episode

5 Seconds of Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 4: The Last Season’s Greeting

 

It was Christmas Eve. Everyone was having a good time in Mrs. Son’s house. Lee Taemin was there too with his family. Everyone was in a joyous and festive mood. Except for Jung Eunji.

“Does it taste good?” “Yes, oppa! By the way that hat looks good at you!” “Aigoo, my girlfriend is playing around me again” ”I’m not, oppa!”

The playful and sweet and cheesy words from the couple not too far away from her were starting to get into her already. She feels her blood boiling, as if any moment she would begin to explode except that she won’t, so forget it. She has an ice pop in and just unwillingly watching the night time drama she also love to watch.

“Why aren’t you enjoying yourself?” Chorong casually muttered, promptly stopping the couple from any more corny pick-up lines and also glanced at the young woman who was acting like a kid, watching the movie with a huge frown on her face. “You look like that scary villainess in that mermaid movie.”

“I’d shut up if I were you, Park Chorong.” Eunji spoke coldly; the sweet treat in didn’t feel that appealing to her anymore.

“Ooh… Feisty… Got a lover’s quarrel with your nonexistent boyfriend?”

“How would I get a boyfriend if it’s nonexistent, Park Chorong? Your brain already is rotting up there?”

“What are you---YAH JUNG EUNJI?”

“WHAT PARK CHORONG!!!”

“Kids, behave. We’re no longer in the office and you are still acting like little kids like you always are. And please, this reminds me all the time I went to school just because you two fight over trivial things.” Mr. Son stopped another fight from stirring between the cat and dog. “Besides, its Christmas… try to loosen up, the two of you.”

The two immature adults muttered a yes before shooting off each other childish glares. As Mr. Son walked away, that’s the cue Eunji was waiting for to stand up and wear her parka to leave.

“Where are you going?” Chorong asked worriedly, glancing the piling up snow outside of the house. It was deadly cold out there.

“To bury myself ten feet under the ground. Where do you think I’m going?” Eunji shot back, not wanting to entertain the older girl’s stupid questions.

“The cemetery?” Chorong cluelessly answered, not getting any response at all anyway.

“Will she be safe going out alone? It’s too cold outside.” Taemin asked worriedly.

The oldest among them shrugged. “It’s not the first time she almost died anyway. Might as well let her bring herself back to where she was supposed to be.”

“Where would that be?”

“The cemetery…?”

Sure, Chorong was just joking. All of them were getting worried but she was not one to act upon that situation. She’s not the one Eunji needs.

“I’m going after her.” Son Naeun decided as she stands up and wears a thicker parka. “Eunji gets easily cold, I’m afraid she’ll get sick before she could even figure her way back here.”

“Yeah, that’s what you should do.” Chorong deadpanned, looking at the TV without any more words or reactions.

 

Naeun froze, her eyes fixated with the brunette standing not too far from her in a bus stop. It wasn’t the same bus stop they always meet up when they were younger, and yet it gives her the same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter