Episode ONE

5 Seconds of Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 1: As the Cold Winter Passes Again

 

“And I’ll be here by the ocean just waiting for proofs that there’s sunsets and silhouette dreams~ All my sandcastle falls like the ashes of cigarettes and every wave drags me to sea~ I could stand here for hours just to ask God the question is everyone here make believe~? With a tear in his voice he says son that’s the question. Does this deafening silence mean nothing to know one but me?”

“Ah, Jung Eunji! Stop singing sickly, please? I’m trying to work here alright?” Park Chorong grunted as she fumbled towards papers in her work space, hoping that her best friend for years now and her childhood playmate/enemy/whatsoever would stop squirming and playing around.

The brunette that was being called off gave a sight of dissatisfaction, puffing her cheeks before taking the ice pop out of and speaking. “Grumpy grandma.Meh.”

And she enjoyed her delicious treat again, watching the TV for that noon time drama she really loved. The young brunette was sitting lazily on her chair, so engrossed in her drama until

“Sohee is my daughter---“

“WHAAAAAAT?! HOW? WHY? WHEN? WHERE?!!!!”Jung Eunji screamed in shock, leaving wide open, letting the ice pop fall in the floor for such an anticlimactic reason.

“JUNG EUNJI, SHUT YOUR TRAP OR ELSE I’LL REALLY KICK YOU OFF THIS PLACE! And by the way, you do know that your ice pop fell, klutz?”

“My ice pop~~~~~” The cries of the childish woman echoed to the office as she walked lifelessly towards her workmate and pouted in front of her. Her lips were shivering as if it has gone cold and tears were her falling in her cheeks. As Park Chorong looked up, she couldn’t help but yelp due to the shock from the scary and disgusting creature in front of her.

“You.”Eunji pointed out, “Are finally shocked that Sohee was her daughter?”

“No, and please clean that mess in the floor or else boss will see that and scold you to bits.” The statement made the brunette look down in utter disappointment and sadness as she started mopping the mess she had made herself. Minutes later a man in his late forties went inside and grinned.

“What has happened to our Eunji?” He asked kindly, opening his arms wide for the brunette to run in his arms and hugged him back, tears started pouring again.

“Dad! Chorong unnie was being mean to me again!” She said like a child telling her mom about a bully.

“Really…? Chorong-ah, what happened?”

Chorong looked up and scoffed. “Nothing, boss! It’s just Jung Eunji was being a stupid girl once again. Tell her to man up please? She’s seriously annoying!”

“Well, didn’t you hear what Chorong has said?” their boss chuckled, patting the head of Eunji lovingly as if the younger one was exactly her child.

Jung Eunji, who sighed returning back her usual maturity, nodded her head and unwillingly moved back to her desk and started to work yet again. From time to time she would glance at the window and see the cold wind passing by since winter is coming. Sooner or later, the first snow will fall along with the cold tears her heart has been pouring out.

Casually then her eyes fell on the picture frame not too far from her reach. It was a picture of her, her dad and brother (for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter