Episode THREE

5 Seconds of Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 3: Snowy Night

 

Eunji couldn’t sleep a wink. It was to the point she gave up trying and just stood by the terrace of their room and just stares out of the clear black sky. It was Naeun’s room the next door and she couldn’t help but glance once in a while, a part of her probably hoping to catch a glimpse of that woman.

Naeun didn’t show up on her window, much to Eunji’s sigh and relief. She didn’t know what to say to the younger woman anyway.

It was deep in the night, and one by one she witnessed the meteor shower falling aimlessly in the night sky. It was beautiful, and amazing in that winter evening. The stories and the songs in the back of her mind were starting to play in a flash right before her. The emotions she must’ve kept in for long and forgotten went back as well, like rolling wind. Unknown to her, her tears started to fall. The snow falling and the meteors couldn’t even hide it in. That’s how scary it was.

 

“I’ll go home early today. We will have a week and half-holiday to celebrate Christmas and New Year so I hope you will enjoy it wisely everyone!” Naeun informed her employees before she went out of their small building to head home. She just started this business, and for a rookie, they were doing great. They have a big deal coming in next year so she wanted all of them to rest well before the busy days pass them by quickly. She was happy with her job and was always contended with her family, but she knows there is something always incomplete inside her.

Eunji wasn’t far off better than her. She didn’t know what to do with her life. If it weren’t for Mr. Son giving her a job, she would be in her room and just locked up. She was afraid of the world. Being alone agitated her.

However, that specific afternoon, Eunji wasn’t afraid.

No, she was too busy crying; too busy zoning out to be afraid as she walked aimlessly around the streets of Seoul, like the meteors she had witnessed last night. She gripped tightly on the parka she was wearing, knowing that the cold weather was killing her to the bones. She hated the cold, and as far as she can remember, she would shiver a lot because of it when she was younger. Back then, she has a best friend to hug her, and years later, she decided to just not go out of her house on specific cold days.

That afternoon, she didn’t experience any. She was just looking far ahead, without thinking, following the trails of the younger woman she didn’t thought she was already following.

Naeun grew up into a fine lady, like how she always thought of when she was a little girl. She’s amazingly talented and smart, that’s why it was no shock to her that Naeun could get a company out of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter