Episode TWO

5 Seconds of Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 2: Sleepless Nights

 

Naeun didn’t expect that her dad will bring guests; in fact, she was not informed that her dad will be there for the holidays either. Yes, she wished for their family to be complete that Christmas, but she deemed it as impossible, so the sight of the older man in front of her was a shock.

Her mom welcomed the three guests warmly though, amidst all the bad memories of the past. Naeun was still zoned out on her stand; her mind was still shock from disbelief.

The two girls her dad was with were beyond familiar to her. It has been four years, and when she thought that was enough to forget, it isn’t.

Her eyes traced the figure of that brunette in a brown parka. She scanned her body to her face to her eyes and hair. A lot of things have changed. And yet, Naeun can’t still forget who that girl was.

What is she doing here? She could faintly ask herself.

Just then she felt a hand slip with her own that brought her back to reality. Naeun turned her head and looked up, seeing her boyfriend for four years now smiling at her kindly.

“Taemin oppa… I thought you went home earlier?” She asked.

“I should’ve… but then Mom said that I should stay behind to meet your father. You don’t know how nervous I am right now, to be honest.”The two shared a giggle that couldn’t be ignored by the three guests who was standing in the living room.

“Naeun-ah, may I know this young man you are holding hands with?” Mr Son’s voice was stern, but Naeun knows it was just a façade. Her dad was one of the most softhearted guys she ever knew. Taemin, for once, was one of them too.

“Uh, Dad this is Taemin… my boyfriend.” Naeun introduced, as the young man held out his hand for a greeting only to be ignored by her father. Geez… dad is being cold tonight.

Just then she heard low mutters and soft giggles coming from the other two girls. Glancing at them, Naeun saw how the brunette elbowed the other girl playfully. Their eyes met and when Naeun expected Eunji to turn her head and ignore her, the woman didn’t. In fact, Eunji just showed her eye smile, causing something inside the younger girl to melt although no one needs to know that.

 

“Anyway, Naeun, I brought these two girls here instead of leaving them on our company building because they have no one to celebrate Christmas with.” Mr Son started; earning a couple of complains from Chorong and giggles from Eunji. “And well, you know them before from Busan. They are your childhood friends. You remember them, right?”

“Of course…” Naeun’s throat became dry. “Park Chorong unnie and Jung Eunji unnie…”

It felt weird, to say the least, for she never spoke that name for the past four years. She didn’t even expect that she needs to speak that name ever again but here she was, face to face with the one girl who can turn a nightmare of hers into a dream, and yet still claiming that it was a bad dream.

“Nice to see you again, Naeun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter