화살 - Arrow

Life After You

Hey hey, I'm back with the new chapter

It's kinda breaking my heart seeing no one's commenting at this story T.T

Don't be a silent readers please, I really love comments because they are LOVE

kekekeke

Anyway, I just made a short trailer for this story

Go check it here ! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6stL0VYUma4

 

Let's just start ! \(-^.^-)/

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"This arrow that’s reached my heart, feels like a part of my body now. Even though it hurts to death, I can’t remove you, who’s stuck in my heart. Because it’s love, because for me, it’s love," - Quasimodo ( SHINee )

 

 He walked towards me and handed a newspaper to my hand. Absent-mindedly he pointed to an article at the left corner of the first page.

“ He’s back..,” he whispered.

 

A little picture of that familiar guy, wearing a black spectacle and carrying his luggage at the airport somehow made my heart fell. Even the title of the article confirmed itself that this guy is Kim Jonghyun.

“ So what ?”

Though this rapid changes of heartbeat knowing that he’s back to town, I remained composed and tried to hide everything from Kibum who looked even more worried than me.

“ I know that everything between you and--,” I cut him off.

“ Geuman, Kibum-ah..Stop talking as if I’m that weak.. I’m fine, really..,”

Another lie was made up from this lips of mine.

“ And I’m really sorry to say that he’ll be at the party, Yoo..,” he apologized to me.

“ Yah, waegeurae ?”

I pushed his shoulder lightly.

“ Just because Jonghyun and I had some sort of history, doesn’t mean that he’s not your friend anymore, of course you could invite him to your family’s party,” I said, forcing a smile.

“ Ah, that’s a relief then,”

Kibum let out a thin smile and handed me an invitation to his family’s house-warming party,”

“ Here, an official invitation for Jinki hyung and you.. And don’t dare to be late !”

“ Araseo, Key-sshi..,” I nodded my head and repled him in a teasing way.

“Tch, Kwon Yoora you…,” he made a grimace with his look and left me back to the dining-table.

Silently, my hand kept clutching the paper tightly. To be honest, this Jonghyun-coming news is not that jongtastic as what’s written at the newspaper for me. It’s more like hell-coming actually. After all these years, putting an effort to stitch my heart back together with Jinki’s help, his sudden appeareance just threatened the stitch to pull apart and exposing my shattered-self again. Why do you have to come back, Kim Jonghyun ?

“ Yoora-ah, can’t you just bake me another round of waffle like this ?? It’s heavenly-delicious,”

Kibum’s unclear words finally snapped me back to reality. He was spotted sitting at Jinki’s usual place, and still busy stuffing his mouth with the waffles I made for breakfast earlier.

“ I’m meeting Jinki’s mom, Kibum-ah…And I don’t want to smell like a walking-oven when I’m meeting her, mian,” I apologized to her.

“ But you have to make me breakfast later, Kwon Yoora..,” he said firmly, with a slight of threatening look at his eyes.

“ Aish, come over to have some breakfast with us tomorrow then..how’s it sound ?”

“ Purrfect! And maybe you should add an extra plate as well, because I’ll bring someone else !” shouted Key.

“ Eh ? Nugu ?”

“ Of course Jonghyun !” he shouted, and in a flash I was like shooting ‘what-the-hell-are-you-trying-to-do’ glare to Kibum.

“ Ah..ah, mian mian…I’m just joking, Yoora-ah,”

Quickly he rubbed my shoulder with his both hands and tried to comfort me.

“ That joke you cracked earlier’s not even funny, Kibum-ah,”

The atmoshphere then changed into the uneasy one in a sudden.

“ It’s Minho who’s coming with me tomorrow,” he said with an apologetic smile.

 “ Aish ! Don’t you dare to crack that kind of joke again, Kibum-ah !”

I smacked his head lightly.

“ Look, I know that things been too hard for you, and with Jonghyun’s coming now, I think it’ll be better if you spill everything out to Jinki hyung,” Kibum’s voice turned into a serous one.

“ I’ll tell him once I found the perfect timing,”

“ There’ll be no time, I’m afraid Jinki’s hyung will be misunderstanding your history with him,”

“ Nah, he won’t….I trust him, and he trusts me as well,”

“ Well, I was just suggesting.. and hoping that you’ll change your mind.., and I promise I won’t spill even the slightest detail about you and your life to Jonghyun, so you don’t have to worry about me,”

“ Komawo, Kibum-ah…,”

 He patted my shoulder before finally excused himself to go home. But as he’s almost reached the doorway, he turned his head to my direction.

“ Himnae Kwon Yoora ! I know it’s kinda hard to have him around again after these years..,”

“ Oooh !”

And just as soon as Key closed the door, I fell onto my knee and looked fixedly to Jonghyun’s picture at the paper. Feels like fog shrouding all over my heart, I sighed a deep breath and slightly imagining how could the after-three-years meeting with Jonghyun ended up  at the party later.

I really don’t want to think nor imagining how he’s doing. But yet, every efforts that I took is just resulted in vain. And now is not an exception as well.

Though it’s hard to accept, but maybe Jonghyun is a part of me. How no matter I tried to throw him away, he’ll always have a place at my heart. He’s like an arrow, piercing right into my chest. It hurts. But once I get used to it, it’s just like a part of my body.

There’ll be no time, I’m afraid Jinki’s hyung will be misunderstanding your history with him,

Somehow, Kibum’s words kept rhyming at my head. Should I tell Jinki about us ?--  I mean Jonghyun and my past.

Being too absorbed with my dealing-with-Jonghyun stuffs and thoughts,  I didn’t even realize that I’ve been late for a lunch  appointment with Jinki’s mother.

“ Oh crap !” I cursed to myself and stood up when I took a quick glance to the clock. And it’s clearly showing 12:11 PM.

Then I rushed my body fast to the bedroom and pack my stuffs to the purse.

But, when I was about to put on my heels, my phone rang. And of course it’s Jinki’s mom.

“ Ye, yoboseyo eomeoni..,” I  answered politely.

“ Yoora-ah, where are you ?” she asked me.

“ Ah, I’m so sorry, eomeoni, I’m on my way to the restaurant now…,”  I said apologetically to her.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

As soon as I arrived at the restaurant, the waiter brought me to the table that Jinki’s mom had reserved before. From afar,  I could see her sitting at the window-end table with a woman that I never met before. From a quick observation of my designer eyes, that woman’s still at her early 50s and still got a very pretty look.

“ Annyeong haseyo,”

I bowed my mody  and threw an apologetic smile as I reached the table.

“ I’m so sorry, I’m late,”

“ Ah, Yoora-ah..we’ve been waiting for you, come and sit..,” my mother-in-law said and let me to sit beside her.

“ Yoora-ah, this is Jangmi-ajumma, she’s the person that I told to you days ago,” my mother-in-law finally pointed to the woman sitting across her and introduced her to me.

“ Ah, annyeong haseyo, Kwon Yoora-imnida,”

I automatically sat up from my seat again and bowed to her.

“ Annyeong haseyo,” she replied me with such beautifully-glowing smile.

“ You look way prettier than the pictures your mother-in-law showed to me, Yoora-yang..,” complimented that woman.

“ Ah, aniyeyo…,”

“ She really wants you to design a dress for her daughter, Yoora-ah, and since your waiting-list is way too long, she then came to me and asking for some help…,” said Jinki’s mom.

“ Yes, Yoora-yang, I fell in love with your design once I saw the catalogue at your boutique, and it turns out that you’re Eunkyung’s daughter-in-law,” continued Jangmi-ajumma. And truthfully I was so happy hearing her statement.

“ I’d like you to design a dress for my daughter’s engagement party, Yoora-yang, would you ?” she asked.

“ Of course I’d gladly accept, ajumma,” I replied her with a very excited smile.

“ Ah, that’s a relief then..,”

“ Just told your daughter to meet me at the boutique tomorrow to discuss what kind of design she’ll want,”  I added.

“ Okay araseo, Yoora-yang.. My daughter’s name is Sekyung. Shin Sekyung,” she replied me.

“ Aaah, I bet she’ll be as gorgeous as her mom as well,”

I complimented her, not to forget slipping a little smile at my lips.

( Jonghyun’s POV )

“ Young Master, the driver’s already waiting you outside,” the butler with a bow tie and an extremely stiff complexion bowed and said it to me.

“ That’s okay, I’ll just walking with my own feet.. I miss Seoul streets and everything,”

I threw a thin smile and he just nodded. Like an idiotic robot who just goes ‘Yes, Sir’ whatever his master told him.

Just as soon as the butler left my room, I grabbed a quite-thick coat and the black spectacle laid at the desk before finally leaving for some great reminiscing-time along the Myeongdeong  streets.

Deep inside, I can’t even lie to myself that the first thing coming to my mind once I heard the words ‘Myeongdeong’ is that girl, Yoora. How could I forget all the times we spent here. Still clearly engraved at my head, the picture of how glowing her smile back at our first Christmas eve here, or how we’d share a big gooey ice cream every Friday, everything.

Scent of memories hit myself even more once I stepped into our favorite Starbucks shop near the grand street lights. I ordered a cup of Gingerbread Latte and Yoora’s very own favourite Starbucks pastry, the light and flaky Cheese Danish.

Then  I sat at the outdoor table. Enjoying the freezy-breeze of early winter while sipping this Gingerbread latte and stuffing my mouth with the Cheese Danish, my today’s so-called late lunch.

Sometimes I really hope that we’ll bump into each other here. And I’ll just tell her the reason why I left 3 years ago and apologized all the wrong that I’ve done to her.

“ Oh..,” was all that came out from my mouth when I was in a huge shock seeing the vision right across the street. It’s amazing how God could just fulfilling my hope in a second after what bad things I‘ve commited to her.

“ Yoora ?” I asked to myself and pushing myself out of the table.

I ran out of the shop and tried to call out for her.

“ Yoora-yah ! Kwon Yoora !!”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Comments are LOVED ! XD