The Lying Lies ( Part 2 )

Life After You

"I wanted to wipe the tears around yout soaked eyes, but the image reflected in your eyes isn’t me, it’s someone else baby," - Foolish Love ( Big Bang )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“ What is Lee Jinki’s wife to you ?” she just couldn’t stand and asked him straight to the point.

 

“ Wh-what ?” Jonghyun asked her in shock.

 

“ I’m asking you, what kind of relationship you have with Lee Jinki’s wife, a.k.a Kwon Yoora ?” she started interrogating Jonghyun with her serious tone.

 

“ What the hell are you talking about ?” Jonghyun snarled at her. He looked terribly nervous, not because the fact that Sekyung realized about his ‘something’ with Yoora. But the possibilities of how this almost-leaked truth will affect Yoora’s life further.

 

“ Or maybe you need some bait to make you remember of what’s her to you, Kim Jonghyun ?” Sekyung pulled out something from her purse. And Jonghyun, he still looked confused about what she took out earlier. “ What’s that ?” Jonghyun frowned and asked.

 

“ I found this at your room…,” She replied him and kept studying the ring at her hand.

 

“ Yah, how dare you took things from my room !” he yelled his lung out and tried to snatch that ring from her hand. But it failed at the very first attempt.

 

“ It’s not yours either, It belongs to Lee Jinki’s wife a.k.a that girl we met earlier. What is her relationship to you that she could freely barge into your room and maybe sleeping at that bed of yours, tell me Kim Jonghyun,” she said in a low tone but still bold and sharp enough to stab Jonghyun at the back. He remained silent. Not even a single words came out from his mouth, and it’s just obviously made Sekyung sure that there’s really ‘something’ between he and Yoora.

 

“ So, you can’t even describe it with words, Jong ? Geurae…,” Sekyung nodded her head and slowly retreated her step back to the house. “ I’ll go ask her, or maybe Lee Jinki himself then..,” she said before finally leaving the frozen Jonghyun. He’s busy with himself, tried remembering all the pieces of the night when he brought Yoora to his room. And how could that ring ended up at his room.  “Wh-what did she say ? Ask Lee Jinki ? Oh crap!” Jonghyun whose sense finally back to his head murmured to himself. He then paced fast to the house and started looking for Sekyung.

 

“ There you are !” Jonghyun found Sekyung literally stood beside Jinki. They looked like in the middle of a conversation, and they seemed serious about what they’re talking about that Jonghyun even slightly afraid to imagine what she’s talking about right now.

 

“ Let me go,” Sekyung lowly whispered. “ Let’s have a talk, outside..,” Jonghyun whispered back to her. And as expected she refused to go with Jonghyun and started trying to shrug her hand off his tight grip.

 

“ J-jinki-sshi…what did we talk about earlier ?” she faked a smile and walked towards Jinki even closer and left Jonghyun dumbfounded.

 

“ Ah, the way I met my wife, right ?” Jinki cluelessly replied her. “ Ah ye, that story..,” her ears perked up when she heard Jinki’s reply. But yet, not even before Jinki started telling her the whole stories, Jonghyun’s hands grabbed her shoulder and tore her apart from Jinki.

 

“ Shin Sekyung-sshi..please..I need to talk with you, RIGHT NOW,” Jonghyun sternly warned her. “ Ex-excuse me, I’ll give you guys a room if Jonghyun-sshi really need to talk with you..,” said Jinki awkwardly as he happened to be in the middle of their conversation.

 

“ N—no, of course not Jinki-sshi.. We can talk later, Jonghyun-sshi..now please,” she threw a very sharp stare at Jonghyun and harshly told him to just go.

 

Jonghyun balled his fists, his heart beats faster. Thousands of bad thoughts started haunting his head even more. What if she really tell him about that ring ? What if—Well, basically he’s not even finished thinking about the whole possibilities and the best solution when he found himself paced closer to Shin Sekyung.

 

He literally grabbed her hands and pulled her body closer to his, and..Well, he did plaster his mouth to hers to literally stop her from talking with Jinki. She was totally taken aback by Jonghyun’s out-of-the blue kiss, yet she still could find herself time to enjoy and kissed him back.

 

Everyone’s at the dance floor, including Yoora whose hands were nearly trembling, watched that so-called scene with various looks at their face. One’s that being fascinated by the make-believe kiss, and of course, one’s that totally threw a somewhat disgusted and hurt look at their face. And Yoora, she was belong to the second type of audience though.

 

“ Yoo !” Jinki was happened to see his wife stood at the end of the stairs and called out her name as he approached her. “ Y-ye ?” she was trembling.

 

“ Hey, what happened with you ? Are you sick ?” he gently felt her face with his palm to check her temperature.

 

“N-nah, that’s okay, I’m fine, Jinki-ah..,” she was trying hard to fix that vroken expression from her face before Jinki even realized it, but still, it just proved in vain. She was really at the verge of tears.

 

“ Your face’s expression’s not really good..Wae ? Someone’s treating you bad ? Tell me..,” Jinki, still insisting to gain himself an answer from .

 

‘If only I could tell you, Jinki-ah..If only,’

 

“ Ah—aniyeyo..I was just feeling a little dizzy,” she was faking, again. Turning away her gaze from Jonghyun’s scene, she grabbed Jinki’s hand and dragged him outside to find some air.

 

“ You want to go home ?” he asked her.

 

She hestitated, when finally decided to nod to Jinki’s question. “ Let’s go find Kibum first, okay ?” he circled his hands behind her back and went to find Kibum.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“What are you doing, Kim Jonghyun ?” Sekyung tried to fix her fascinated expression after that kiss with Jonghyun and asked him such question.

 

“ It was nothing, I was just stopping you..,” he replied her short. He couldn’t believe the fact that he even could kiss such a girl like that. He just couldn’t imagine how his mom would react when she found out about that kiss.

 

“ Tch..I know..I know, even you did kiss me just for that woman..,” Sekyung’s face turned into the dark one and spat that words out of with a slightly hurted expression.

 

“ Give me that ring..,” he replied her with a tone that just as dark as his face. His hand started to grab her purse but luckily, she didn’t get it snatched by Jonghyun anyway.

 

“ No!” she nearly yelled.

 

“ That’s not even yours, Shin Sekyung! Give me that ring !” he raised his voice and grabbed her hand tight.

 

“ Let me go, it hurts..,” she squealed in pain and tried hard to let her body off his grip. But yeah, those muscled hands of him still too strong for her.

 

“ I’ll give it to you…I’ll give it..I’ll give it..just let me go….,” she finally gave up and yet, Jonghyun shouldn’t believe her at the very first place though. But still, he did it anyway and just let her go.

 

She then started digging her hands onto her purse and handed it to Jonghyun. Jonghyun, at the other side was slightly taken aback by the fact that it’s this easy to take that ring from her.

 

“ You do..have something with Kwon Yoora. And there’s no way you could hide ot from me, Kim Jonghyun..,” she started talking crape with such a hateful tone, and yeah Jonghyun hates it when people talking like that to him. He even punched Kibum’s jaw once when he talked like that to him like five years ago.

 

“ Stop talking crap, Shin Sekyung!”

 

“ If you wouldn’t tell me the whole story, then I could just find the reliable source on my own…,”

 

 

------------------------------------

 

 

“Beep-beep..beep-beep..,”

 

They were nearly sleeping soundly when suddenly the buzzing phone woke the half-asleep Yoora. She then slowly reached the phone with her hands and opened the incoming message.

 

‘I have something to tell you..I’m waiting outside…..,’ -Jonghyun

 

She balled her eyes out and looked at the timetable, it’s 12.32 AM, what the hell is he doing in the middle of the night ?

 

‘Like there’s no tomorrow ? I’m sleeping now,’ she typed the message carefully and sent it to him.

 

‘I need to tell you now. Please, just five minutes…,’

 

‘Whatever, I’m not going out..,’

 

‘I’ll be waiting here then..all night long,’

 

‘Sure, I’ll come out..when pigs fly,’

 

But then, a message is just a message. An hour after she texted him such line, she began to worry if Jonghyun still stood there or not that she finally surrender and came out of the house to check.

 

“ I know you’ll come out,” Jonghyun’s voice was loud enough.

 

“ What do you want to talk about ?” she was cold. Literally. She even stood like two meters away from him.

 

“ That kiss…that was nothing..,” she was slightly taken aback. “Why are you telling me this ?”

 

“I mean, of course you could kiss her, you’re getting married with her anyway..,” she tried being cool and answered him straight to the point.

 

“And this..I’d like to give this back to you..,” Jonghyun then took steps closer to her and handed the ring. “H-how ?”

 

“Maybe you accidentally left it at my room that night..,”

 

“Kwon Yoora, can you please tell explain to me what is going on here,” It was another voice came out from the back. Yoora got her whole neck shivered in goosebumps when she realized that it wasn’t Jonghyun’s voice. It’s definitely Jinki’s.

 

“ J-jinki-ah, we didn’t do anything…he was just--,” Jinki then just coldly cut her off.

 

“I never know that you have such a strange hobby, Kim Jonghyun-sshi.. Wandering around in front of a married woman’s house in the middle of the night ?” Jinki couldn’t hide the grimace all over his face and getting ready to just punch Jonghyun in the jaw.

 

“ Go find someone else’s wife. Not mine..,”

 

“J-Jinki-ah…let-let’s just talk inside, okay ?” she tried to pushed Jinki apart from Jonghyun and pulled him back to the house.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“What was that for ?” he sounded a little dark and the expression writtend at his face was ecen worse. She remained silent. Frozen at her own feet when he started interrogating her like a crimeperson.

 

“Look, I’m not gonna mad at you if you’re telling me truth about you, him, and that ring..,” Jinki, he heard like everything Jonghyun said back at the outside.

 

“ It’s not like what you think, Jinki-ah..it was just--,”

 

“What ? do I have to expect an answer like ‘sleepover’ ? so you were having a sleepover at Kim Jonghyun’s house when I was nearly crazy storming around the town, thought that you were missing,” he just despised what he told her earlier. Am not gonna mad ? He's being mad at her second after she start opening to tell the whole story.

 

She was speechless. Busied with all that tears soaking her eyes. Not even a words slurred from to say that ‘it wasn’t right’, or maybe ‘it’s not like what you thought’.

 

“I know, even from the very first, I know that you were lying Kwon Yoora. I know! For God sake I know!!” He exploded, not even care about her tears, he just let everything off his chest.

 

“ Even the fact that it was only that jerk whom you keep your eyes on back at the party, I know everything, Kwon Yoora,”

 

“ Do you even ever in love with me, Kwon Yoora ?”