The Ugly Truth

Life After You
"I am seized with the past that I cannot love. How about truth? Did you commit a crime? Why are you here? I have a cloud in silent," - How About Truth ( 12012 )




--Yoora’s POV—


“ I’m so sorry, JInki-ah,”


Lowering my head, it’s kinda hard to even just whispered those words to him.


“ You’ve apologized to me just before, baby..That’s okay, I’m not mad at you,” Jinki replied me brightly as he kept wiping away those tears stained at my cheeks. If only he knew what Ive done to him, what I’ve done to our marriage, maybe he would never ever say such things to me. Gosh, I cant even describe how sorry I am now.


“ Come on, let’s got eat some breakfast..,” he suggested.


Then he helped me to stand up and led me to the kitchen counter where he already prepared two bowls of rice, completed with his early-bought kimchi-jjigae served nicely in the middle of the dining table.


“ Hmm, smells good..,” I managed to say something despite the hard sob that’s still lingered behind my chest.


“ I bought it right from your favourite place,” he chirped happily. Well, he looked like trying hard to force up a smile, but yeah, I know he was faking, the smile was ended up as an awkward one. There’s something bothered his head as well I bet. Yet, I didn’t dare to ask to him as well.


“ Geurae ?” I asked him back and then made my way to the table.


“ Geuromyeon,” he replied me shortly.


We didn’t talk much at the time. I did insist to initiate a conversation, but this heavy heart of mine just won’t let me to talk freely with him as usual. Jinki, at the other side, I caught him for like millionth times looked at me with his concern gaze.


“ What’s bothering your head, Yoo ?”


He put down his spoon, carefully asked me that question as he reached out his hand to mine and squeezed it a bit. Speechlessly, I could just eyeing him with a slightly-shocked gaze.


“ If it’s about the whole last-night-disappeareance and the ring, I’ve told you I’m okay with that, Yoo,” he added and threw his angelic smile which magically could give some warmth to my miserable-self.


“ Komawo..,” replied me back simply.


Though my tongue said so, this head can’t help but kept wondering what would happen to our marriage in the future. I’m afraid. Terribly afraid.


Then there come times when I finally couldn’t brace myself anymore for slurring an intriguing question to Jinki.


“ I wonder what would happen to us in ten years ?” I finally asked him. “ I just can’t help but wondering about that these days lately,” I added before Jinki answered me.


“ Ten years ? Of course we’d live happily…With two or three children maybe..,” he let out a single smile as his tongue kept slurring those imaginary scene that maybe threatened to be never-happened anymore if he knew what I did to him.


“ What if either of us cheated, I mean, what if even before those ten years, You started seeing an other girl, or maybe I’m the one who’s seeing an other guy,” absent-mindedly I kept talking. So out of the blue and random that Jinki even almost choked hearing my line.


“ W—what are you talking about ?” JInki asked me with his shocked eyes.


“ Of course that would never happened, I’ll ne—never do that, and you, well, I know you won’t either..,” awkwardly he replied me. There’s an uneasy expression drawn at his face.


“ B—but what if actually, actually I’m not the person you’ve thought earlier..what if--,” he cut me off. And the moment I shut my mouth, foolishly I realized what the hell I was trying to do earlier. Digging up my own grave ?


“ What the hell are you talking about, Kwon Yoora ? If you want to know what would happened if you cheated on me, I’d die. Yeah I’d die. But I know you would never do that. I believe in you—no, I trust you, so stop talking nonsense !” he can’t help but snapping at me.


He then pushed the chair and stood up. Gazing at me with a disbelief look, he threw a somehow piercing question.


“ You’re not seeing an other guy right now, are you Kwon Yoora ?” he asked seriously.


“ W—what are you talking about Jinki-ah..O—of course I’m not,” my tongue stiffened, but then another lie was made up again. It’s not surprising that Jinki thought so, I mean, I’m the one who’s digging my own grave by asking him such nonsense question earlier.


“ I—I don’t have any mood to eat anymore..,” he mumbled in a low tone and abruptly left the dining table.


“ J—Jinki-ah,” I called his name. But instead of following him who’s already left, I was frozen at my seat. Geez, what did I do ? Now he’s literally mad at me, plus, maybe he’d think that I’m cheating on him right now.


--Jonghyun’s POV—


“ Hyung !!”


Instantly I turned my head and there I saw Taemin shouting to my direction.


“ Taemin-ah !” reciprocally I shouted back to him and smiled brightly as he kept walking closer to me.


“ I miss you hyung !!”


Taemin then hugged me so tightly that I was so embarrassed seeing all the crowd plastering their eyes on us.


“ I miss you too, but stop this gay-ish hug, Taem.. everyone’s looking at us,” I whispered slightly to his ears. In a count of three, Taemin then let my body off his grip.


“ Ah, mian mian hyung.. I was just too excited !!”


“ What are you doing here, Taemin-ah ?” then I asked him when I realized that this is not a place that Taemin usually visit. Seriously, this is a romantic Italian restaurant, what is he doing here. Plus, I’m pretty sure that he still got no girlfriend to hang around here.


“ I’m just paying a visit to a nuna I know..hyung-eun, what are you doing here ?” he then asked me back.


“ M—me ?”


I found it’s extremely hard to answer the question. I mean, I could’ve easily just tell him that I was waiting my fiancée to have lunch together here. But, I can’t lie, even up till now, I can’t even consider that stranger as my fiancée.


“ I—I’m just waiting my friend to have lunch together..,” I gazed away and answered easily.


“ Friend ? Just friend ? Girlfriend ?” Taemin suspiciously questioned me.


“ It’s just friend Temin-ah..stop teasing me !” I raised my voice and pushed him lightly at the shoulder.


“ Hahaa, that’s okay even if it’s a girlfriend, hyung.. You don’t have to cover it up in front of me..,”


“ I’m telling the truth Taem, she’s just a friend…,” nervously I replied him back.


“ She ? She ? So your fiend’s a girl, right ?” Taemin now sounded more like an interrogating officer rather than an old friend.


“ So what, Taem ? She’s just a friend..,”


“ Chukhahae hyung ! You should’ve moved on just like Yoora nuna, good luck on your relationship, hyung,”


Taemin just depised the words ‘friend’ that I kept emphasizing earlier and congratulated me on my new relationship. At first, I was still okay with his line, but not anymore till ‘Yoora’ and her move-on thingy came out from Taemin’s mouth. Well, I can’t help but asking Taemin even more about Yoora and her new life.


“ Yoora ?” I asked him. With a slight hope that Taemin would spill everything he knew about Yoora’s new life. He’s my only person now. Kibum, of course he’ll take Yoora’s side. And so does Minho maybe. That’s why, he’s my only person now.


“ Don’t you know hyung ? She’s already married last summer,”


And dang! It felt like the sky was falling all over my head hearing Taemin was slurring those words. He would never lie, and this time, I believe that he’s not lying as well. I can’t help but widen my eyes in disbelief when I completely digested Taemin words earlier.


“ M—married ?”


“ Ne..you don’t know, hyung ?”


“ Nope..,”


Blankly I answered Taemin. Half of my soul was torn apart over the fact that the girl whom I’ve been longing for like three years is now an other guy’s wife. I felt blue in a sudden. But yet, the blue feeling was ironically different from this morning, when I saw lots of miscalls from Lee Jinki at Yoora’s cell. At first, I thought he’s just a boyfriend. A boyfriend, yeah I could just easily make them break up if they’re just a pair of date-mates. But then it turns out that Lee Jinki is way more than just a boyfriend. Seemed like the doors has already closed. Yeah, it’s already closed.


“ Hyung—hyung—hyung!!”


“ A—ah, ye,” I snapped back to my sense when I felt Taemin’s piercing smack at the end of my left shoulder.


“ Your (girl)friend has come..,” he whispered to my ear.


“ Annyeong haseyo..,” she said in a full of manner way when she realized that Taemin was standing beside me.


“ Annyeong haseyo..,” Taemin replied back nervously. Well, I really could tell that Taemin was extremely absorbed and mesmerized by that girl’s smile earlier.


“ H—hyung, I think I should get going now..,” he excused himself.


“ A..geurae..,”


“ See you at Key hyung’s party tomorrow !” he added before finally leaving the both of us at the table.


“Hmm, Party ?” Sekyung who’s just sitting at the seat across mine asked.


“ Yeah..,” I replied her shortly. Minimizing the chance that she'll ask me to allow her going to the party. Seriously, I am so not going with her
to Kibum's party tomorrow. What would my friend think if I brought her to the party ? I don't want them to think that I left Yoora three years ago just for that spoiled girl.


“ What do you want to discuss ?”


Straightforwardly I asked her right to the point and tried to throw the party topic away as soon as possible.


" Can I go with you ? The party.. I bet it's gonna be a daebak..," blinking her eyes in a total happines, she asked me.


" No--," I can't help but instantly said no strictly to her. And at the same time, she reluctanly lowered he head.


Oh please, even if you did that, you'd never ever buy my heart, Shin Sekyung.


" What do you want to discuss with me, Sekyung-sshi ? Please make it fast, this place is so so weird for me," unpatiently I snapped at her. The whole lovey-dovey atmosphere that's surrounding this place is kinda giving me a goosebumps, since Sekyung and I are not a pair of lovebirds, and yet we're hanging around in a place like this.


" Tchh, can't you just be a little nicer to me ? We're getting married though," she cursed me in a tone that's actually more like a whisper.


" Can't you just stop talking about that marriage, I'm not getting married with you -or anyone," I snorted at her.


" Well yeah, talk as you want Kim Jonghyun, will be will, you'll be mine at the end of the day," she smirked. Slipping a sly, evillish smile at the end at her perfectly-curved lips.


" Seriously Shin Sekyung, are you that dumb ? We're just props for our parents, they're just using us, you want to be treated like that ?" Holding a deep breath, I patiently explained the real circumstance, but yet, she just despised me and instead of replying me back, she took out a tiny velvet catalogue out of her purse and gave it to me.


" What is this ?" Plastering a grimace at my face, I asked her confusedly.


" Rings catalogue... Which one is your choice, Jonghyun ?" She chirped happily. Then, started showing me all the design that she liked.


" You called me all the way here, just to choose the ring ? Seriously ?" I snorted out of my already-uncontrolled head.


" I'm so out of this, got more important things to do, Agasshi," I added in a humiliating tone and unpatiently pushed the chair back and left the dumbfounded Sekyung all alone at the table.



-- Sekyung's POV--


" I'm so out of this, got more important things to do, Agasshi," was the last line came out from his mouth before finaly unapprovedly-leaving me all alone at the table. Geez, seriously, what does he think he's doing right now ? No one walks away from Shin Sekyung. Not even you, Kim Jonghyun.


" Yah, Kim Jonghyun, where are you going ?!" I raised my voice to Jonghyun who's already walked further from our table. High and piercing enough to be heard by his both ears. But, surprisingly, he just didn't budge and ignored me. He kept walking as if no one's calling and that totally pissed me off. Plus, all the people around the restaurant were looking at me as if I'm a weird person.


" Aish, no one's doing this to me Kim Jonghyun, not even you !" I cursed him lowly under my breath as I sat back to my seat.


Just as soon as I placed myself back at the seat, an extremely great idea came to my unaware mind.


" Just let's see what will happen, Kim Jonghyun," I smirked evillishly while my finger started pressing his mom's number.


" Annyeong haseyo, eomeoni..,"


" Aaa, Sekyung-ah," his mom greeted me way so so so friendly. Geez, how can't Jonghyun treat me just like how his mother does.


" Eomeoni... I'd really like to invite your family to come over for dinner at my place tomorrow night, would you come, eomeoni ?" Okay that was a fake invitation. A total fake. I just really wanted to find out about Jonghyun's tomorrow party further. That's all.


" Nae ? Tomorrow, that's so sweet of you dear, but we've already got agenda for that night. I'm so sorry, Sekyung-ah..,"


" Aa, geurae ?" I replied her. Emphasizing a dissappointed tone to be heard by her.


"We all are invited to Kibum's house-warming party. Jonghyun and Kibum, they're just like brothers, we've known him and his family like forever, there's no way we're not attending that party, dear.. I'm so sorry,"


" Aa, geurae.." I nodded to myself.


" Wae wae wae, why are you asking ? Didn't Jonghyun invite you to be his partner ?"


" P-partner ? No, he's not, eomeoni," pretending to be surprised, I smiled to myself. His mom would definitely force Jonghyun to bring me to that party tomorrow. Yaay!


" Tchh, Kim Jonghyun, he must be too shy to ask you, dear. What about you're going with us tomorrow, Sekyung-ah ? I bet Jonghyun would be so surprised to know that you're coming as well," she suggested excitedly to me.


" Jinjja, eomeoni ?"


" You're coming, aren't you ?" She added.


" O-of course I'd gladly come tomorrow, eomeoni..," I replied her with an extremely bright smile. Look, Kim Jonghyun, even if you don't want me, I'll definitely find my own way to sneak into that party.


--Yoora’s POV—


“ You’re home ?” I got up hurriedly when I saw Jinki’s figure started appearing at the living room.


“ Oh--,” he replied me shortly and just left right away after answered my question. He’s still mad. Yeah he is still. That dark expression that’s still lingered at his face just exactly the same as this morning’s.


Gathering my last guts, I followed him to the bedroom and tried to talk with him. There, I found him sitting at his working desk, looked like he’s checking on some reports from the office.


“ Hey, what are you doing ?” I approached him and asked. He lifted his head coldly staring at me for a while before finally opened his mouth to answer.


“ Checking on some reports..,” again, that answer coldly slurred from his mouth. I was trying to ask if he really had times to have a little talk with me about this morning’s fuss. But yet, I just ended up being the coward that decided to just stepped back and leave him with that piles of work in vain.


“ What do you want to talk to me ?” he asked me back before letting me turn the doorknob. I turned my head, slightly-amazed by his so-called mind-reading questions earlier. “ Your face, it looks like there’s something bothering your head,” he concluded.


“ I—I well, umm--,” I was stuttered a bit, finding the best package for the words I was about to tell to him. “ I was just afraid, that talks this morning—I was just afraid that our marriage would just end up like what my parents did. I’m so sorry if that’s bothering you, Jinki-ah,” I lowered my head and started revealing my true feelings before.
Jinki, hearing my explanation, his expression turned into a softer one. I could really see him looking at me with a deep penetrating gaze towards my direction.


“ I’m just afraid, I’m so sorry if my questions earlier this morning makes you feel horrible,” reciprocatedly I looked to his eyes, waiting a reply from his mouth.


“ There’s no need to be afraid though, Yoora-ah..I – I will never ever leave you,” he walked nearer to my direction and as we just stood an inch apart, he titled my chin with his hand. Brushing away the hair out of my face, he leaned his face to me. Just like that, he pressed his lips to mine and we kissed. I kissed him back and even clasped unto his neck tighter.


“ Your question earlier, that scared me to death, Yoo,” he whispered. “I can’t even imagine what would happen if you leave,” he added, his whole gaze was sentimentally piercing into mine.


“ I know,” I agreed. “ I’m sorry,” wrapping up my lines, before finally I found myself locking my cherry lips with his pale red lips again. At the same time, I do promise with my own self that I will throw everything Jonghyun-related things away from my life. How on earth I need a jerk like Jonghyun, when I literally have a perfect guy right beside me.


“ I love you—Even thousand bucket of roses wouldn’t be enough to describe ho much I really love you,” he smiled and whispered those hopeless-romantic-ish line through my right ear.


“ You’re a hopeless romantic,” I playfully .


“ I never said I was not,” he couldn’t hide his feelings inside that he even shades in pink when he told me the line.


“ I am a hopeless romantic too,” I whispered back, readjusting the tone of my voice to reflect intimacy towards him. He then smiled and pinched me right at my cheeks hearing me saying that conclusion line.


“ Ah, Yoo, I need to ask you something,” Jinki changed his tone and finally moved on to talk about something else.


“ What’s that ?” I asked him back.


“ Where were you treated last night ? I mean, in what hospital ? I was checking to the hospital near your boutique to find the ring, but they said you weren’t there last night,” Jinki inquired curiously. His sudden question of course giving such a big lump to my throat. Again, in a sudden, our truly pink atmosphere before was being shrouded by a fog. How should I answer him when I wasn’t actually at a hospital yesterday.


‘What if he really finds out that I lied to him ?’


‘ What should I tell him to answer this question then ?’


There’s no way I’m telling him that I spent my last night at other guy’s place. Oh damn Kim Jonghyun, how could you make me suffer like this ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ps. Please do comment to let me know if you either pleased or not by this chapter ! :D

Thank you soo much for reading ^^