Begin

Life After You

"The door to my heavy heart is still closed. I can’t breathe… struggling, in agony. I just… I now give myself up to this weakness. With the sin of egoism,"- Darkness Eyes ( Tohoshinki )

 

xoxo

--Yoora’s POV--

 

“ Wake up, dear…,”

I could feel trace of warm breath lingered at my ears when I heard those anglic whisper tried waking me up. Instead of woke up, I swifted my head a bit, slightly refusing to open my eyes and snuggled even deeper to my pillow. Oh wait- It’s not pillow though, the place where I’ve been resting my head isn’t pillow anymore, it’s Jinki’s chest that I’m sleeping on.

“ Mm, good morning, Jinki-ah,”

I replied him sleepishly as I rubbed my both eyes. And  I could see him smiling after hearing my good-morning right from the corner of my left eyes.

“ Go wash yourself, I’ll make us some breakfast,”

I pushed Jinki out of the bed lightly and urged him to wash up.

“ Omo, I don’t even get a morning kiss now..,”

Exclaimed Jinki shockedly. He pouted with his puppy eyes and I cant even denying the fact that he’s dangerously-cute when he’s doing that.

“ Since you haven’t even brushed your teeth, I’ll just go with --,”

Was about to finish my line, but then his lips that landed at mine cut me off.

“ You’re talking too much, Kwon Yoora,”

He said playfully after breaking that kiss. I was caught at the moment, it’s not his lips that shocked me, but piece of Jonghyun’s picture flashed at my mind that did it. I’m paused. How could I think of him again after all this great time I’ve spent with Jinki.

( Flashback.. )

“ Yoora-ah !”

I could see Jonghyun waved his right hand to my direction and ran fast towards the bench I’m sitting.

“ Do you know what time is it, Kim Jonghyun-sshi ?” I asked angrily to the clueless Jonghyun that’s still having a hard time to catch his breath after running all the way here.

“ M..mian mian…the traffic’s driving me crazy, and there’s nothing I could do about it..,” he apologized sincerely.

“ Traffic ? Tch, can’t you just find another excuse tha--,”

I was stopped instantly when he landed a kiss on me.

“ Don’t be mad at me, okay ?”

 He asked me with those innocent smile, and I couldn’t even reply him. I was too busy hiding the fact that I was blushed and my whole face feels like burning.

“ Aigoo aigoo, you looked even cuter when you’re blushing, Yoora-ah,”

( End of flashback )

“ Yoora-ah..,”

Jinki’s voice snapped me back to reality.

“ A..a..ye..,” I was stuttered, but thank God that Jinki didn’t realized my sudden strange act.

“ Go make us breakfast !”

This time he’s the one that urged me to get off the bed. He ruffled my hair playfully and pushed out of the bed.

“ Aish, arasseo !”

Pretending to be mad, I get off from the bed and threw a pillow right to his face.

“ Yah !” he yelled and I was just laughing as his voice echoed through the whole room.

 Lazily, I dragged my whole body to the kitchen counter and started preparing the breakfast for both of us.

 Jinki, he’s not a type of nagging-hubby that loves to nag over his wife to make something complicated for breakfast. Several piece of myself-made waffle, simple syrup, and a glass of milk are worth enough to stuff his mouth before going to work. That’s why I’m working on this waffle-maker now. Pouring the waffle mix carefully and waited for several minutes till the waffle turned golden-brownish before it’s ready to serve.

I always loved the smell of this warm and sweet waffles, but today’s kinda different though. Thoughts about Jonghyun earlier somehow kept bothering me and makes my heart burdened that I can’t even enjoying this smell. Why is it all of a sudden he came to my mind and just ruined everything.

It’s over, Kwon Yoora.

Everything with him were just a history that I’ve tried to bury for so long. Guess maybe three years is not enough to bury the use-to-live-in-me Jonghyun. And importantly, today’s got me realized that not even a perfect guy like Lee Jinki could totally erase him from me. But I believe that time’ll heal everything. Now that I’ve found Jinki and learnt how to love him.

‘Everything’s gonna be fine,’ I told my head right before I could hear Jinki’s melodious voice nearer to the kitchen and asked an intriguing question that at least could make me put the Jonghyun related stuffs aside for a while.

“ Hmmm, another round of waffle-ing this morning ?”

He placed his hands right around my waist lean his chin over my shoulder.

“ Anything wrong with that ?” I replied and gave a so-called threatening look to him.

“ Your waffle is my most favourite breakfast, I can’t even find other breakfasts that tastes better than this,”

My lips curved into a smile hearing his cheesy yet sweet compliments. I know he was lying, my waffle’s not that tasty as he described though.

“ Let’s eat then..,” I said.

----

“ Kwon Yoora!!”

Vividly I could hear a guy’s voice calling out my name. I bet that’s not Jinki, since he’s been off to work like 15 minutes ago and actually that voice not belong to him.

“ Yoora-ah..It’s me,”

Kibum, I knew it’s actually him when he called me out for the second time, and since he’s the only person who knows our house’s pin number, I’m sure that’s him. Then I just simply replied him with a loud ‘OH’ because I’m still drying my hair at my room.

Ten minutes later, after finishing my hair, I got downstairs and found Kibum’s already stuffing his mouth with my early-made waffle’s left over at the dining table.

“ Ah..Yoora..is Jinki hyung already off to work ?” he asked straight-forwardly as soon as my face caught his sight.

“ Oh..what’s bringing you here, Kibum-ah ?”

“ Look..I know that it’s not a perfect timing..,”

Kibum then changed his look into the serious one.

“ What is it, Key ?”

 He walked towards me and handed a newspaper to my hand. Absent-mindedly he pointed to an article at the left corner of the first page.

“ He’s back..,” he whispered.