007 ♚

The Perfect Ten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→ Chapter 007

 

Attending school, something that had once been an enjoyable activity for Mina, had turned into one she dreaded ever since Byun Baekhyun arrived at Kyungbock high. She gritted her teeth at the thought of having to lay eyes on that snake after their interaction the day before. She couldn't help but feel threatened by his words. A voice at the back of her mind was telling her something was about to happen.

And her intuition wasn't misplaced.

As she climbed the staircase leading to the school's main hallway, she saw something that made her heart drop in her chest. Tacked to the large bulletin board in the middle of the hall were multiple copies of a single picture. One of none other than Mina herself in Kodak.

People walking by stared at the pictures, some even stopping to take photos. Mina could see crowds gathering to whisper about why the school’s star student was in an illegal DVD store.  

As if on autopilot, Mina ran as fast as she could, shoving the crowd of people away. She tore every single photo of herself off the wall, causing tacs to bounce across the floor. After quickly gathering the photos, she ran down the hall and to Miss Nam’s classroom. Mina knew the teacher was not yet in her classroom this early in the morning, so she thought it would be a good place to hide out until the bell rang for first period.

Mina shoved the pictures into the bottom of her bag until she would be able to properly dispose of them at her house. Collapsing down into a desk, she took a moment to calm down and address the situation. 

There was only one person who could've taken that picture; who knew she had visited Kodak. Her fists clenched at around the fabric of her book bag as she pictured that wretched smile, those deceiving eyes. The anger coursed through her body, and Mina swore to herself that no matter what, she would make Baekhyun pay.

 

Mina sought vengeance, and now that it was lunchtime, she could finally get it. She stomped into the cafeteria, completely ignoring Chanyeol’s who tried to wave at her from where he was sat at their table. Instead, she stared daggers at who was sat three tables down. 

The usual popular kids, Minseok, Jongdae, Jongin and that shy freshman Sehun were all sitting there. But all their eyes were pointed at the person sat in the middle. Byun Baekhyun, but looked to be in the middle of telling some stupid anecdote had captured their attention. 

Irene, also appeared to be sitting at their table, next to Baekhyun in fact. She, along with everyone else seemed captivated by the raven haired boy, and it made Mina sick. The way he had worked his way into their lives in such a short amount of time. The way he deceived them all. But not Mina. Mina refused to fall victim to his charming looks, and his way with words. She was determined to put an end to this; to destroy him.

She marched up to the table. “I will ing end you, you little !” She practically screamed. Some of the other tables looked in her direction, but she didn't care.

Baekhyun didn't even looked surprised by her. “May I ask why?” He replied, taking another bite of his sandwich.

“Like you don't know,” she continued, but Baekhyun simply stared at her blankly. Scoffing, she slammed her book bag down onto the table, making Sehun and Jongdae who she was stood between jump. Pulling out a crumbled picture, she smacked it down on the table to where Baekhyun could see.

“This!” She shouted. “I know you were the one that hung this picture up in the hall.” 

Baekhyun simply scoffed at her. “Why are you accusing me of all people of this. Where even are you in this picture… is this Kodak? Well no wonder you're so mad. Why would Kang Mina of all people be in an illegal DVD store? Aren't you supposed to be the school's good girl?”

Mina had had it with him. Blinded by anger, she smacked him as hard as she could across the face, and all eyes turned to her. She was fuming, and the only sounds in the cafeteria was her heavy breathing.

Baekhyun turned his head from the direction she had smacked it. “You are ing psychotic.”

To her own surprise, laughter bubbled up inside her. “That's rich coming from you.”

“Mina, why would I be in there in the first place? And why would I have taken a picture of you?” She saw what he was doing. Trying to play it like he was innocent, and she was the delusional one. 

Somehow though, his question had stumped her. “I-I…” She couldn't seem to form a coherent sentence. 

Baekhyun moved his hand to cover his cheek where she had slapped him. “That's what I thought. Now don't go accusing people things you have no proof of.”

Her fists slammed on the table, and she regained her ability to speak. “I don't know why you did it Baekhyun, but I know you did, and I will get proof and then you will be ruined. I don't know why you hate me so much, but I will destroy you I swear.” Everyone around her stared with startled eyes, and Mina realized she probably did come off as a psychopath. 

Suddenly, she heard a voice from behind her, “Mina.”

“What!” She whipped around to see none other than Chanyeol. He put his hand on her shoulder. “Come on.”

Mina didn't object to him pulling her along, just glad to be leaving. But as she was almost out of the door, she heard Baekhyun’s familiar voice shout, “Good luck with that!” Chanyeol rushed her out of the lunchroom so fast that she missed the chance to turn around and walk up to him again. 

Once they were out of the cafeteria, Chanyeol dragged Mina to a nearby classroom. He shut the door once they were inside, and asked, “What the hell was that about?” 

“What do you mean?” Mina said.

“What do I mean?” Chanyeol almost chuckled at her words, ironic considering the situation. “You just ing punched Byun Baekhyun in the middle of the cafeteria.” 

Mina scoffed. “I didn't punch him, just slapped him.”

“Still Mina! You can't just go around slapping the school's newest teen heartthrob.” He put his hand across his face and sighed. “Can I ask why you did it?” 

He put an arm on Mina’s shoulder and relaxed under her best friend’s touch. Chanyeol always had a way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter