Rule 7

The Boyfriend Sitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]  t h e    f r i e n d [/CONTENTID1]

 [CONTENTID2]  

  The weeks wore by without major issues, and Jennie was slowly getting used to the special 'arrangement' - albeit not fully understanding why and how Jongin was willing to let another person dictate his life. She had witnessed Soojung's venomous fangs under her perfectly painted lips and decided to never cross her, especially not after the confrontation at the food court from last time.

  In the last four weeks, Jennie had been called to babysit for multiple events and luckily to her expense, nothing big had happened and Jongin was still in his natural flirty behavior. She had learned to ignore his advances and made up excuses for whenever Soojung asked for a report on the event. 

  Jennie looked up from her notebook and sighed. It was fast approaching mid-term exams and she did not prepare enough for it, due to the fact that she had to babysit Jongin whenever there were social events for Soojung. Glancing back down onto her highlighted notes, she noticed something rolling towards her from the far corner of her eyes. A mini-sized roll of Mentos stopped by her pencil case. She smiled.

  "Thanks," She whispered, and Hwasa winked back. 

  Hwasa had been such a good sport; helping her look after Jessie when she wasn't around, and Jennie was truly grateful for her help. She had thought about taking her out for nice food as gratitude, but that would have to wait until after the finals. Placing a mint into , she sighed again as she watched the librarian knocking on the door to their study room. 

  "Ladies, I'm sorry but Mr. Lee made a booking for this room." The librarian opened the door and gestured to the opened books on the tables. "Please feel free to use the study area near the bookshelves."

  "Thanks, miss." Jennie stood up and collected her things, quickly shoving her notes and books into her bag as Hwasa followed suit, frantically hiding any traces of food and her empty coffee cup.

  "Hwasa, last warning on food in the library." The librarian said sternly as the girls filed out of the study room. 

  "Yes, miss! Won't happen again next time!" Hwasa gave her a sly smile and threw the empty cup and candy wrappers into the trash can as she left the room. "You wanna get some fresh air? There's still thirty minutes left until recess." 

  "Why not? We can go to the benches outside. Get some sun, too." Jennie agreed. Her phone buzzed as they helped themselves to an unoccupied outdoors bench and settled their items on the table. Frowning, she read out the text message. "Come to the library now. We're outside."

  Hwasa made a face. "Ugh, queen at it again?"

  "Yep." She placed her phone screen side down on the table. "I'll deal with it later."

  "No, you'll deal with this now." Jennie's neck hairs pricked up at the voice. "Pretty bold of you to ignore my messages, when I'm standing right here."

  "Soojung!" She turned to face the Queen Bee. "Hi, sorry I was just unpacking my things."

  "That doesn't matter." Soojung swept a loose bit of hair and tucked it behind her ear, her diamond earring glistening under the sun. "Listen. After school, come to the McDonalds' at the mall. We're having a little gathering before the finals with the other school. Jongin will be there too of course. Be at the mall by 3:45, we're ordering at 4." 

  "Okay. I'll be there." Jennie forced a smile and Soojung frowned. 

  "I told you about hanging out with certain people, didn't I?" She glanced at Hwasa, who was melting into the bench. "You're associated with me now. You don't want people to talk about how you hang out with certain others." 

  "Soojung, I will help you whenever you need it but please, I can make my own friends." Feeling defensive and anger at her blatant disrespect right in front of Hwasa, Jennie couldn't swallow down the lump forming in . "I will see you there at 3:45 sharp." She croaked out. 

  Soojung narrowed her eyes. "Very well. Be there on time." 

  "Wow what an epic ," Hwasa breathed as soon as Soojung and her minions disappeared into a school building. "I think I'm having a heart attack."

  "Hwasa, I am so sorry." Jennie apologized, "You don't deserve this."

  "Eh, I'm used to it." She waved her hand, "It's fine. I'm good."

  Pausing to think, a smile crept up on Jennie's face. "Hey, would you be free after the finals?"

  "Hell yeah, I'm super free after. Why, what's wrong?"

  "...Just wondering if you like Japanese food?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter