Rule 1

The Boyfriend Sitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]  c r e a m    s o d a [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 

  Jennie had moved schools before, although it was not an often occurrence, it was enough that she was familiar with the routine and knew what to expect.

  Except for a fight.

  She stared in awe at the scene. Two girls had it out by the wall, screeching as they bit, scratched, and pulled at each other’s hair. Jennie would have found it less surprising had it been boys fighting, but there they were, two girls shamelessly pulling punches and kicks with the determination of boxers as a crowd of more girls cheered them on.

  One single girl stood out from the rest, standing with legs apart and arms crossed as if overseeing the fight like referee. From the distance, Jennie couldn’t see her well, but she was a dark haired girl with a diamond earing that reflected sunlight like a mirror. Jennie couldn’t miss that even if she wanted to.

  “Rich people…” she muttered as she walked away. All this drama and she hadn’t even stepped foot into the school yet.

  From across the road she could see her little sister’s elementary school. She was only a year from graduating to high school, and she prayed that her sister had landed in a better school than hers.

  She ducked into the main building and headed towards the office. A lady with a lopsided beehive hairstyle greeted her and led her through the school, handing her notes and sheets.

  “Here’s your schedule,” she said, pronouncing the “sch” as a “sh”.

  Jennie nodded and took the papers, looking around the school. It wasn’t very beautiful or flashy, but it was clean and new, smelling like the expense of a private school. She wished her dad hadn’t placed her in a private school - the kids were crazier, and the scene she just saw outside was proof.

  “Your roll call will be class 11-A, and here’s your first class,” she said, stopping in front of a door. “Do you have any questions?”

  Her mind turned to the fight but she decided to keep shut. The easier her new school life was the better. She just wanted the days to be quick so she could go home.

  “No ma’am,” she answered.

  “Good. Your year advisor is in building A if anything comes up in future.”

  The woman left and Jennie took in a breath before opening the door and stepping into the classroom filled with students.

  “Oh, are you the new student?” asked the teacher, a man with greying hair but a strangely youthful face.

  “Yes sir.”

  “Well then take a seat. Or, would you rather introduce yourself?” he asked. His voice was light and vaguely sarcastic. Jennie internally groaned. She never knew how to deal with people like that; people who spoke every sentence as a semi joke.

  “No thank you sir, I’ll just sit down,” she replied, choosing to respond politely.

  She chose the nearest available seat and sat down. A dyed-blond boy to her left with a comically cocky grin winked at her. Jennie could cringe but she smiled and pretended to giggle. She’ll take what she can get.

  So as the teacher began talking, she pulled out her things and set up her table, waiting for the lesson to be over.

***

  The bell for recess rang and she filed out with the class into the halls, following the fish like stream of students towards the lunch area. Blondie chased after her, cutting her off and flashing another dumb grin.

  “Hey sweetheart, how about I show you the school?”

  Jennie knew the guy probably thought of himself as good looking. And maybe he could have been, with a strong jaw and built figure, but his proportions were all oh so slightly off point that to her he only looked laughable.

  “How about you stop calling me sweetheart and maybe we can talk?” she replied, her tone light but genuine distaste lay beneath the sugar.

  A hand came between them and a Goth girl with rac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter