Rule 3

The Boyfriend Sitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]  t h e   b o y f r i e n d[/CONTENTID1]

 

  [CONTENTID2]

  “You’re Soojung’s boyfriend sitter?!” Hwasa exclaimed as she sat on her bed. “What is that? What even is that?”

  “Apparently I have to go to his place and make sure he stays there until she comes back, and report to her whatever he does,” Jennie answered wearily from the carpet.

  Hwasa cackled madly and clapped her hands. “Oh God this is fantastic. I knew rich kids were messed up, but this is just too beautiful. And the reason she sticks you for this is cuz she thinks you’re a lesbian!”

  “Ugh, don’t remind me,” she groaned.

  Hwasa just laughed even harder.

  “What kind of person hires somebody to babysit their boyfriend?” Jennie questioned as kicked her bag under her desk.

  “I don’t know man. I told you, if Soojung’s like a mob boss, then her boyfriend’s her mob mistress. I heard rumours that she kept her boyfriend like a pet, I just didn’t know it was true.”

  Jennie plopped onto the floor and sprawled out like a starfish, her black hair lying in a pool under her head. “What kind of guy is he even?” she asked. “Why would a grown person need babysitting, and why would he just let it happen?”

  “Kim Jongin,” Hwasa began. “Or Kai. He’s hot. Not my type but hot by generic standards. He’s one of the popular kids in the school.”

  “Do you know anything else about him?”

  “Nope,” she answered, shaking her head. “In case you haven’t noticed, I stay away from the popular scene. It’s an of unadulterated crazy. It’s the smiley preppy ones that are always secretly evil psycho killers.”

  “And my dad still thinks private schools are a good idea,” Jennie muttered. “Ah, I have to go with her to his place tomorrow. I can’t believe I have to do this.”

  “Do what?” asked a small voice.

  Both of them turned to the door where they saw Jennie’s little sister dressed in her school tunic and with an oversized backpack held limply in her hand.

  “What do you have to do sis?” she repeated, her expression one of curiosity with a hint of concern. Her sister was essentially a smaller version of her, same rounded features and plump lips.

  “Nothing,” Jennie replied casually. She didn’t need to worry her baby sister right now, even if the situation was outlandish, it was still something she could manage on her own.

  “Who’s this?” Her sister asked, gesturing to Hwasa sitting cross legged on the bed.

  “This is Hwasa, a friend I made today,” Jennie answered.

  “Yo,” Hwasa greeted with a slow, singular wave of her hand.

  She turned her attention back to her sister. “What do you have to do?”

  “I just took on a babysitting job,” she answered. Well it wasn’t a lie. “Don’t worry about it, Jessie. Just go to your room.”

  She didn’t look completely convinced, but like a good little sister, she obeyed and left, dragging her bag behind her.

  “You know, you’re taking all this pretty well. You’re waaaayyyy calmer than you should be right now,” Hwasa pointed out.

  Jennie shrugged. She had no reply to that. She was never a confrontational girl, preferring to choose the path of least resistance, even if she didn’t particularly like her current path.

  If she was lucky, maybe she could just ride it out.

***

  “I’m going to set up some ground rules,” Soojung said as she marched ahead, with two of her girls walking exactly three steps behind her. “First of all, don’t think anything will happen between you and Jongin. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that but I’ve had to up too many other sitters bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter