Chapter 5

Maybe It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Are you stalking me , Hwang Sinb ? "

Jessica had been sitting alone in the lobby of a five star hotel pensively staring at the crackling flames of the fireplace for the better part of an hour . A crystalline glass quarter filled with scotch sat untouched before her on the shiny oak wood table . She had barely moved in all that time , only sat with her hand cupping her elbows , near hugging herself against the chill she could not shake from her bones , self comforting as only she knew how . She had turned her phone silent , and would not even ackowledge the subtle vibration or the bright screen alerting her to the caller's identity .

10 times , it was from that brat but she only stared with distracted fascination at how the liquid in her glass reacted to the tiny quakes created by the phone.

I just need a few moments , people . Why can't I ever have peace when ever I need it the most .

She wanted nothing more than to sit alone and think and remember . Remember those forsaken memories that she buried deep in her heart  . Relive the few precious moments that her heart held fast and treasured .

She was tired , so very tired .

The young man stood over her , hands shoved deep in the pocket of his dark coat , could see her exhaustion and her sadness even in this half light . He knew her so well , that he could tell when her life was resonating on a sour note . And , as ever , as though kept a close secret like a pair of aces held to his vest , he was overcome by the force of her beauty .

He reached for the glass of scotch before her and gave it a sniff before he took a sip and returned it to it's place before her , " Nice , " he said and waited for an invitation to join her .

" You didn't answer my question ," she stated wanting to know why he was here .

When the invitation to sit down did not come , he whipped his scarf from around his neck and slid into the comfortable both seat before her , " stalking's illegal , " he said " I accidently followed you "

She let a smile play at her lips and her deep brown eyes found his ," Lame "

" True ," he agreed " But in my own defense , you left the office rather abruptly . We had an appointment "

" And I cancelled it "

" But you can't cancel on me "

It was her turn to raise an eyebrow " Excuse me ? "

" I don't care if you cancelled that important meeting with whats her name - err."

" Hwang ?"

"She has my name ? " Sinb questioned Jessica as she never heard of a Hwang before in the business industry as well they don't have a partner called Hwang .

" Idiot ." Jessica muttured " Your not the only one who has that name you idiot . "

" Oh yeah " Sinb scratched his head , embrassed  at his sudden stupidity , " Anyway who is she ?"

Jessica shrugged her shoulders , she has no clue who this Hwang person is and how she got an appointment in seeing Jessica since Jessica is a busy women and she doesn't see anyone unless they are important clients " I have no clue "

Sinb pouted at Jessica , " I don't like it . I don't like you abandoning me "

" Sinb , I've had one hell of  a week , I just need some time  . So if you don't mind ... "

" Not at all "

She waited for him to leave .

He didn't . Instead , he signaled  the waiter to attend him and ordered what Jessica was .. or wasn't .... drinking .

" You want to talk about it ? " he asked , but was only met by more silence , her eyes returned to the fireplace crackling at the head of the room . She considered , wondered , how close could she get to the door before Sinb would try something ridiculosly gallant , like following her , gently grabbing her arm ... insisting she confide in him .

Not tonight .

" I need a little time "

" Sure , " he said , taking another sip of her drink " Take all the time you need . I'm not going anywhere ."

" Alone , " she empahsised .

" Not happening Princess Jung "

She thought she could escape the scrutinty of her employees and her business partner by absconding to this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter