Chapter 4

Maybe It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This had to be hell .

She rolled over in the King Sized  bed , her limps entangled in soft sheets as she tried desperatly to avoid the piercing brightness of the sun slipping through the full length glass windows .  It was to no avil that she escaped it's intensity . She forced her eyes open a crack and let out a low groan that only intensified the dull throbbing in her temples .

Why the hell was it so bright in  here ?

She cradled her head in both hands for a brief second before she made the painstaking decision to rise from the bed ... whom ever's bed .

Whose bed was she in ?

She pondered as her sluggish brain tried to recollect the happenings of the previous night .

Bleary eyes appraised the room and a soft snort escaped her lips before she rubbed her temply again and sighed .

The funeral . The drinks . The warm shower she took in a foreign  bathroom before passing out in an even more foreign bed . She smoothed clammy hands over the borrowed white button down that fell mid thigh and fought off a smirk as she trampled over his grossly expensive suit jacket and made her way out of the bedroom and towards to the kitchen of the penthouse .

She needed coffee .

She needed a lot of coffee.

She stopped abruptly , grabbing the arm of the nearby sofa to steady herself . She squeezed her eyes shut , slowly exhaling in an effort to assuage the pounding in her head . Brown , tired eyes opened again and her lips twitched with a fondess she couldn't shake as she squinted at the lumpy from inhabiting the couch . A bare leg slung off the side , an arm  resting over his torso , his head buried in the corner of the couch .

Taeyeon .

When he slept all of the sharp edges and hard exterior melted away . When he slept , he was more at peace then she ever suspected he was while in the land of conscious . With his hair disheveled and his permanent smirk eteched on his face  she seen the vulnerable Taeyeon . The Kim Taeyeon she used to know was a kind hearted man , a man who would put others before himself but things have changed and Taeyeon isn't like that anymore . He's different and she was forced to accept that .

The Kim Taeyeon infront of her is a bit more rougher , reckless and blissfully ignorant . He's changed but that's life . Things happen and she can't blame him for changing .

She cleared self consciously and padded towards the kitchen . All she knew was that she needed .....

Coffee.

She rummaged through the cabinets , trying to find anything thats coffee not caring if she's making lots of noises .

" Someone's grumpy in the mornings , " he muttered under his breath as he shuffled to the refrigerator and retrieved  the coffe beans .

" Coffee , NOW " , she responded sharply as her thirst for coffee is becoming unbearable .

" I thought puppies only fectched coffee ? he asked as he went to work getting the coffee maker going before turning around to her face .

She raised a carefully arched brow at him , " Who do you think the puppy is between the two of us ? "

" Touche Ms "

A comfortable silence fell over them as the only noise filling the air was that of the percolator . They always had moments like that . Moments where they didn't need words to fill the voids between them . It was a mutual understanding and appreciation between them . That of silence . He studied her with that intense faraway gaze that she couldn't quite understand . She stared back at  him assessing eyes all wistful and disarming .

He's still a puppy .

Sure he didn't bounce at the heels of her feet like he used to or do any of her dirty work . He had his own " puppies " for that now . He did , however , still have a bark far worst then his bite . He still flanked at her heels when he wasn't standing at her side . He was still fiercely loyal to her in a way that she found breathtaking and overwhelming all at once because he trusted her . He trusts her and anyone who knew Kim Taeng , which is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter