Chapter 3

PAST

It’s been 4 month since the last time you saw him, it still hurts you that he never once came looking for you and you just assume that he still doesn’t remember you so you decided to move on. But in Hongbin perspective, he kept on have flashback of someone but he still can’t see that person’s face clearly even though he tried hard to remember, he felt like there was emptiness inside him that finally he decided to take some fresh air until he reach the road where he had the accident and saw the coffee place which suddenly trigger his memories of you that gave him a big headache until he came back to his senses. He rushed to your place without calling because he really want to see you in person, as he reach your apartment door and rang the bell which you were just awaken from a long sleep to open the door, as you look at the door you saw this familiar figure standing right in front of you looking straight at you which every emotion you felt all this while came all at once which you only managed to say ‘how did you find me?’ while holding all your emotion back so that he won’t see it. Hongbin just stunt to see you in your worse condition which hurts him inside as he knows that it was him who cause you to looked like that which you looked skinnier with dark circles under your and you started to lose your smile but he decided to pretend for a while longer which he replied ‘my parents told me because I wanted to thank you personally but I never see you after that day’ which you responded ‘oh…, I got busy with work and school until I heard you already discharge’ with a disappointed face, ‘why didn’t you visit me at home? My parents said you knew where we live’ and you replied ‘like I was saying before I got busy’ as my voice sounded angry yet still calm. Hongbin can’t bear to pretend any longer which he said ‘you lied ____’.

You froze to hear him calling your name for the first time after so long and tears started to fall heavily upon hearing it with warmth and secured you feel every time he called your name, he lifted you head so that your eyes can meet his and said ‘how can you leave me just like that, don’t you miss me? I miss you ____’ but all you did was hugging him so tightly as he hugged you back and said ‘please don’t leave me ever again’ he just nodded and you pull away and bring him inside. Inside he seat on the couch while you went to the kitchen to make drink for him, as you gave him the drink you went inside your room to take a shower and before you manage to put some clothes on the door open, Hongbin want to asked you about something but taken aback when he saw you still in towels which cause our face flushed red and he just close back the door. After you done, you went to the living room and asked ‘did you want to ask me something?’ without even looking at him but he just shook his head and continued watching the tv while you took a sit next to him but there still a gap in between.

After a long silent, you started the conversation by asking ‘how long have you remembered?’, ‘just before I came here because I was walking to the place where I got hit and started to remember everything and rushed here’ he said, ‘but why did you pretend you didn’t remember before?’ you asked, ‘because I want to see your reaction’ and he giggle a bit which you hit his arm and pouted. He just pinch you cheeks because you look so cute when you pouted and said ‘I’m sorry’, you just shook your head after he let go of your cheeks and said ‘I’m glad you’re here’ as a slight pink shown on your cheeks which he started to tease by saying ‘so you do miss me. Why don’t you say so from the beginning’ and laughed his heart out, you were so embarrass that you started to smacked him so many time until he stopped you by grabbing your hands. It’s getting late, Hongbin was still at your place which you went to the living room and found he already sleeping, you tried to wake him up but he refused and continued sleeping, you just gave up and went to your room to sleep but before that you reach your phone to inform Hongbin parents that he will be spending the night here and when straight to sleep. At 3 am, you felt like movement on your bed but you didn’t move which make you turn and found Hongbin lay down beside you which you widen your eyes.