Chapter 2

Demon Within

‘Do you wish to die?’ the girl asked Jessica as she laid there on her bed with the same girl hovering over here tracing her jaw line with her nail, “Do you want to die?”,

Jessica couldn’t answer. She had forgotten how to speak as the girl on top of her grinned at her while staring with her red eyes.

“Do you want me to grant you that wish?” The girl asked and Jessica nodded.

The girl smiled as she lifted herself up and placed her hands on Jessica’s neck. Jessica then felt tightness over neck as the girl smiled while strangling her.

Instead of fighting back, Jessica lay there quietly and waited for her death to come but nothing. The girl then loosened her grip over her neck and leaned down to kiss it.

“I guess there’s no point. You can’t die, Jessica. After all you are like me. You’re a monster. You’re... a demon!”.

Jessica jumped out of her covers as she screamed. Panting hard, Jessica panicked as she looked around her and saw that she was in her room. Not her dorm room but her room in her parent’s mansion.

Jessica heard the thuds of feet running and soon her door burst opened with a panicked Tiffany panting hard.

“Oh my god! Jessie!! You’re awake!!” Tiffany screamed as she quickly ran over to Jessica and was about to hug her but stopped when the blonde flinched away from her.

“Jessie! What’s wrong?! Are you alright?!” Tiffany looked worriedly over her bestfriend. She had never seen Jessica so afraid before.

“Jessica!” Yuri yelled as she, Yoona and Sooyoung came running in.

“What’s going on?! What’s wrong with her?!” Yoona asked Tiffany who shrugged,

“I don’t know. I heard her scream when I came out of the bathroom and she flinched when I tried to hug her.” Tiffany explained,

Yuri was already sitting in front of Jessica who was still shaking in the corner of her bed.

Yuri let out a smile to show Jessica that it was alright, “Sica. You’re safe. No one here is going to hurt you.”,

Jessica calmed down a bit but she still kept to the corner. Slowly, Yuri moved closer to her and when she was sure she pulled Jessica into a hug.

Jessica as soon as she felt Yuri hugging buried herself in it and cried. She needed to feel safe. She needed to feel protected. She needed to be saved.

“Maybe the doctor was right. She’s badly traumatized by this.” Sooyoung said while watching the duo on the bed,

Tiffany sighed, “I know. But for now let’s just give her some space so she can calm down.”.

“We’ll be in the kitchen if you need us unnie.” Yoona said before leaving Jessica to Yuri while Tiffany and Sooyoung left.

Yuri continued to rubbed the blonde back as she cried wetting Yuri shirt. After two long hours of crying, Jessica fell asleep.

Yuri tucked her in properly and made sure she was comfortable. Yuri gave a sad smile as she brushed the blonde’s hair away from her face.

“Still love her I see.” A voice said.

Yuri stood up straight and turned around to see Yoona leaning against the door and smiled, “Not as much as I love you.”,

Yoona returned the smile. She knew that Yuri had always liked Jessica since they were kids but was surprised when Yuri asked her to be her girlfriend instead.

Yuri walked over to Yoona and hugged the girl, “I’m just afraid. I’ve never seen Sica like this before. When we found her that like that. I felt like we lost her.”.

Yoona kissed Yuri’s hair as she rubbed her back, “I know how you feel. It was the most frightening sight. But let’s go to bed. Tomorrow hopefully she will be better.”.

Yoona lead Yuri out of the room and as soon as the door closed a girl came out from the shadows behind the door.

The girl stood by Jessica’s bed and stared at the sleeping who started to whimpers and toss around.

The girl sat down on the bed, and placed her hand on Jessica’s and immediately the blonde calmed down. Soon the girl could hear light breathing from the blonde and smiled.

“Dream of me. And accept it.” The girl said before getting up and jumping out of the window before the door opened and in came Tiffany who closed the door and sat by the same spot the girl sat.

“I thought I heard you trashing around but it’s good that you’re not. I’ll stay with you tonight.” Tiffany said to the sleeping blonde before sliding under the covers and holding the blond close to her.

On Monday the girls all were in class listening to what their teacher had to teach. Well some were except for three. Yuri and Yoona had math with Jessica so the duo watched the blonde just to make sure she was fine.

“I don’t think she should even be here in school.” Yoona whispered to Yuri who nodded,

“I know. But she did say that she doesn’t want to left alone in the dorms or mansion.” Yuri whispered back,

“Let’s ask her whether we should take her back after class. She looks like she’s zoning out.” Yoona suggested and Yuri agreed.

Jessica was indeed zoning out. She couldn’t figure out why but when she woke up that morning in her mansion she longer felt afraid of what happened.

She felt like it was over and there was nothing but to accept it. When Tiffany and the others asked her what happened she told them.

Tiffany and the others looked at Jessica worriedly when she told them about the girl.

‘It wasn’t a girl who saved you and killed those guys. The police said that it was a gang fight and that another gang came just when you were about to be . Don’t you remember Jessie?’,

Jessica wondered whether it was all true but there were no signs of the girl. Jessica was unconscious for a week without a scratch or bruise on her.

‘Was it all a dream? It can’t be. I know I saw her. I know I watched her kill all those men. I remember her smirking at me. I remember her eyes being red.’ Jessica thought to herself while staring at the board in front on the class.

Suddenly, she jerked when she remembered, ‘Do you wish to die?’.

Jessica started to panic and breathed heavily as the girl’s voice repeated the question over and over in her head.

Both Yuri and Yoona jumped out of their seat and were about to go over to Jessica when the door burst opened and in came two girls.

The girls glared as they looked through the whole class and found who they were looking for.

“Wait! Who are you girl?! You can’t be here!” The teacher said but one of the girls with long hair pushed him and glared,

“Shut up! We’re here for her and we’re taking her with us!” The girl shouted,

The other girl with short hair stood in front of Jessica and grabbed her arm, pulling the blonde up towards her.

“Hey! Let her go!” Taecyeon yelled and went over to the short hair girl who punched him so hard that he flew back into the tables.

Taecyeon friends all stood up and were about to go after the girl but she kicked Jessica’s desk towards them.

“We have all day! We can take you all on!” The girl said,

“Wait! Aren’t you girls Lin and Rin?! Didn’t you both use to attend this college?” A girl asked,

Lin smiled at the girl, “I guess some still remember us.”,

“Enough sis! Let’s go Jung!” Rin yelled as she dragged Jessica out of the classroom with Lin following behind.

Both Yuri and Yoona were too stunned to move of say anything but as soon as they were gone; they ran out of the classroom.

By the time Yuri and Yoona got to the parking lot, Jessica was already gone with the two mystery girls.

“What the hell was that?! Where did they take Sica?!” Yuri yelled as she pulled her hair in frustration,

“I don’t know! But we can only find out now.” Yoona answered calmly though on the inside she was just as frustrated.

Jessica kept silent as she was driven to a cafe she had never seen before. The short hair girl called Rin opened the door and held Jessica’s arm as she got out of the car.

“Come on.” Rin said while still glaring into the air.

Lin smiled as an apology to Jessica for Rin when she walked passed her.

Inside the cafe, Jessica could see that it hasn’t been used in years. Rin lead her to a table where, Rin pulled out a chair for her to sit.

When Jessica sat down she saw both Lin and Rin standing in front of her while a girl from the back of them came out from the counter.

“I’m sorry to have brought you here like this but we had to speak to you urgently and privately.” The girl said,

Jessica could see that the girl was younger than her. In fact she looked like a high school girl.

“Please to meet you Jessica. I’m Krystal while you already know Lin and Rin.” Krystal introduce as she placed her hands on both Lin’s shoulder and Rin’s.

Jessica nodded, “Okay but why am I here? What is this about?”,

Krystal let go of Lin’s and Rin’s shoulder as she looked at Jessica seriously and answered, “The night at the club.”,

Jessica felt her blood freeze when she heard this. She was pretty no one knew except her family, the police and her friends.

“We know about the murders there. About the bouncer and his gang that were about to you. And... We know about her.” Krystal tighten her eyes as she said this,

Jessica’s eyes widen. She thought that no one knew about the girl who saved her but to only leave her a life of nightmares.

“Don’t be surprised. We have been hunting her down for over a month now.” Lin said as she took a sit in front of Jessica,

“Hunting?” Jessica asked while being shocked,

Krystal nodded but it was another voice who answered Jessica’s question, “We have been hunting Kira. The girl you met who is a demon in a human’s body.”.

Jessica turned around to see Sunny her principal. Her eyes widen as Sunny took a seat next to Lin and smiled at her.

“I understand how confuse you must be but hear what we have to say first.” Sunny said while giving Jessica a warm smile.

Jessica tried to stay calm but it was impossible when you hear the girl you meet, who saved you was a demon.

“I guess we have to start from the beginning. It all began before you even moved here to Korea. You know our college has always been a school that favours sports and academics right?” Sunny asked Jessica who nodded,

“Then you have seen the pictures of the last sports champions by our school hall. Before we stopped having sports.” Sunny said and Jessica nodded again,

Jessica had always wondered why the college had stopped students from playing sports or take part in competitions.

“To answer your question why we stop is because something tragic happened at our school’s gym.” Sunny said,

“Something tragic?” Jessica furrowed her eyebrows,

Sunny nodded, “Our last school champion. Was brutally murdered in that gym.”.

Jessica grasped as she covered . Sunny then took out a file and passed it to her.

Jessica opened the file and her eyes widen in shock as she saw a picture. A picture of that girl at the club.

‘Kira’ the name was written there.

“Kira was one of the best athletes at our school beside Lin and Rin here who are or were her cousins.” Sunny said and Jessica looked up to see Lin smiling sadly at her and Rin gritted her teeth while Krystal rubbed her arm.

“Kira was the star on that year. She had many admirers but also many enemies who were jealous of her athlete abilities. Kira lead our school to every victory. We never lost, not once.” Lin said sadly,

“She was also a bright student on class. Many came to her for help and she always had the answer. You can say she was the perfect human being.” Sunny looked down at the picture of a smiling Kira.

“What happened?” Jessica asked. She wanted to ask so many things but she couldn’t bring herself to.

Rin for the first time spoke, “Love happened.”,

“Love?” Jessica was now confused,

Lin nodded, “Kira was always popular. So many wanted her as their girlfriend but Kira was never interested in any of them. One day, there was this boy who begged Kira to let him take her to the dance. Since it was Kira’s last year, she agreed. Everyone was shocked to see Kira with a date even us. She didn’t tell us that she was even coming.”,

“Just get to the part that matters!” Rin yelled while Krystal sternly said, “Rin. No.”,

Rin sighed in frustration and looked down.

Jessica looked back to Lin who gave her another apologetic smile,

“Everything was going smoothly. A bit too smoothly. The boy brought Kira out of the dance hall and took her to the gym. We found it weird so we followed. But we were held up by our fangirls who all wanted a dance with us.” Lin continued,

“By the time we got to the gym. We saw no one there except Kira implanted on the wall with a star draw behind her. It looked like Kira was sacrificed but it was the opposite. Below Kira was the same boy and in his hand was his heart. Kira had gotten the boy to rip out his own heart but before she could do anything else someone came and pin her on the wall.” Lin looked down,

Jessica’s eyes widen, “How do you know that it was Kira who was doing such things?”,

“Cause in her locker and dorm room we found books, scrolls and even a letter written in blood with Kira’s name on it about a deal. Kira made a deal and exchanged her soul.” Sunny answered,

Rin kicked the table to let out her frustration, “DAMN YOU KIRA!!”,

“Rin! Stop! We’re can’t do anything about it.” Krystal tried to calm the girl down,

“We couldn’t find out who killed Kira and we couldn’t bring ourselves to go against him. If he hadn’t been there then who knows what would happen to that boy after that.” Said Lin as she sighed,

“I do. He would have been drained of his blood and his soul would have been taken by that demon.” A voice said and everyone jumped and turned to see Kira there smiling at them.

“Kira!” Lin, Rin and Sunny yelled as they stood up,

Kira smirked, “Yes. It’s me. Long time. Three years has it been? Really a long time kept in the dark of my own grave.”,

Rin was about to go up and punch her but Lin caught her sister and stopped her while glaring at Kira, “You shouldn’t be here. You shouldn’t be able to even come in here.”,

“Why? Cause of the crosses? May I remind you that I am still human? As you said. I am a demon in a human’s body so those don’t work on me.” Kira grinned then looked at Jessica,

“I see that you are trying to take what’s mine again. I thought you only wanted Krystal Rin? After all she is or was my fiancé before I died.” Kira said,

Rin glared at Kira, “To hell with you!!”,

Kira laughed, “Sorry but they don’t want me. Neither does heaven so I’m stuck here. But I made an interesting deal. If I find and take the soul of the person who murdered me and turn you all against me, I get to rewind time and relive my life from that moment.”,

“You made another deal with the devil?!” Lin’s eyes widen,

Kira scoffed at Lin, “I didn’t even make a first deal. As I said someone turned you all against me. He made you all think I was dealing with the devil when I never did. It was he who planted all those in my locker and room. It who he was made that boy rip his own heart out while I was being abused.”,

Everyone’s eyes widen at this while Kira smirked, “First time hearing this huh.”

Kira then glared at them, “You all really hurt me. If I still had a heart I would say that you succeeded in breaking it. Especially you Krystal. You said you love me and will always believe me but when you heard about this you ashamed me and my name and cast me aside.”,

Krystal broke out crying, “No! I didn’t want to but everyone said you did do all those things. They even showed your body that had all those marks on them.”,

Kira scoffed, “After all those endless night together, you still believed them?! You’ve seen my body while we were making love! Not ! But love! I loved you! I was even with you the night before I was murdered! I gave up everything to wait for you so that we could be together! Every request you made I granted!”,

This was the first Jessica heard Kira yell. Her blood froze when she saw Kira smile but now it felt like her every existence was being away.

Krystal continued to cry as Rin went over to her and held her close. Kire smiled bitterly at the sight, “I’m glad you’ve moved on. I knew Rin always liked you but couldn’t bring herself to break up with that of a . You both look so good together.”.

Kira turned and was heading for the door but stopped when Sunny asked, “Where are you going?! What are you planning?!”,

Kira turned and smiled at the short girl, “Hunting. I’m here to take the soul of the man who did this to me. As for what I plan. I planned to finish my end of the deal and get back my life and maybe even my soul. Or what’s left of it.”.

Kira faded into night as she opened the door and stepped out, leaving behind new questions like, what really happened? Who is this man who murdered Kira? What is the truth? And most importantly why did he do this to Kira?

 Lin drove Jessica back to her dorm after Kira left everyone stayed quiet trying to process what Kira told them. They all had thought Kira was killed to be stopped but now they didn’t know what to believe.

“We’re so sorry for bringing you into this.” Lin apologized when she stopped the car in front of the dorm,

Jessica shook her head, “It’s fine. I guess there’s nothing we can do but find out the truth now.”,

Lin nodded and sighed with her eyes closed. Jessica looked at Lin when she heard the sigh and saw a tear rolling down Lin’s cheek.

“I feel like we are the ones who murdered her. We all believed that she actually was accused of what they said she was doing. I knew Kira. I’ve been with her since she was born. I knew every mistake she made and every secret she had.” Lin whispered softly,

Looking at Jessica sadly, Lin asked, “I loved her like my own sister and yet I betrayed her when she needed me to believe in her the most. I left her to die with a bad name. I left her to suffer and become what she is now. I did this to her.”,

Jessica hugged Lin and let her cry on her, “No. You didn’t. You all were lied to. They had everything to proof that the lie was true. You can’t change the past but what you can do now is believe in Kira and find out the truth.”,

Lin pulled out of the hug and smiled, “Thank you. We knew there had to be a reason why Kira spared you.”,

“Spared?” Jessica asked now confused,

Lin nodded, “When we found out that the grave was empty soon word broke out of a girl and that everywhere she went death followed. The girl matched Kira’s description so we just had to try and stop her. But when we found out that Kira didn’t kill you that night we were surprised. Kira usually would kill anyone who witness what she does.”,

Jessica shivered when she heard this. She too wondered why Kira didn’t kill her that night though she asked her whether she wanted to die.

“Did Kira ever ask you?” Lin asked Jessica,

“Ask me what?” Jessica looked at Lin confused,

“Whether you want to die?” Lin asked again,

Jessica looked down and pressed her temples while nodding. “Why did she ask me that?”,

“Cause she’s a demon now. When she was still human, she would ask us that same question but it was because her parents died when she was still a kid. She saw her own parents blown up in their car right on of their house. And in the mail box was a letter with the same question that read, ‘Do you wish to die? Ask me this and I will say, Do you wish to die for me?’.”, Lin answered,

“So she asks this to find the killer of her parents?” Jessica asked,

Lin shook her head, “No. A week after they found the bomber. It was Kira’s own uncle who killed his sister because she was the heir of their company. But after that you can say that it stuck to Kira that question. It was like a puzzle she never got to fix.”,

Jessica nodded and looked down. She felt sorry for Kira. Her whole life was just been death after death even now after she died she still has death all around her.

“When I first met her I thought she was the most scariest person alive. Then at the park, I thought she was a demon but now I think she is just a girl who has suffered her whole life.” Jessica said truthfully,

Lin smiled at the blonde, “Thank you.”,

“What for?” Jessica raised her eyebrow when she looked at Lin,

“For thinking kindly of Kira. Even now after all she has done. And you’re right. We’ll find out the truth on who did this to her and why. I won’t stop until I find that person and make him regret for making Kira suffer.” Lin glared out the windshield.

Jessica smiled nodded, “Thanks for the lift. Have a goodnight.”,

Lin smiled at the blonde who got out of her car, “You too. Bye.”.

Jessica closed the car door and watched Lin drive off before entering her dorm. She knew that she was going to questioned left and right by her friends and she was right.

They all pounced on her as soon as she came in. They asked her if they hurt her and what did they want but Jessica lied and said that they had gotten the wrong Jessica Jung.

She knew that it was better to have less people involved in this as possible. Not everyone can accept that there is a demon walking the street while hunting a man who made it what it is.