Chapter 1

Demon Within

‘Damn! Why must I listen to this idiot telling me things that are not even relate to this subject?!’ Jessica screamed in her mind, as she had been sitting in her lecture room for over an hour bored to death.

“Now class! I know that it is Friday and you all have plans but I would like you all to concentrate on your semi finals next week. Dismiss!” Mr. Kang said.

Everyone in the class gathered their books and left one by one while thanking and bidding goodbye to their teacher.

Jessica however was about to just walk out when she hear Mr. Kang say, “Not you, Miss Jung.”,

Groaning, Jessica slowly turned around and faced her horror. It wasn’t that she hated her teacher but that he was her bestfriend uncle and her guardian that her parents got to watch over her.

“I know our school allows freedom to students to dress and style their hair as they please but don’t you think dying your hair blonde is a bit much?” Mr. Kang,

Jessica let out a lazy sigh, “I think it suits me uncle.”,

“Whether it does or doesn’t is not the point! The point is you’re too laid back. You need to takes things seriously in life now. When you graduate you will be running your parents company.” Mr. Kang pointed out,

Jessica hated it when he said stuff like this. Jessica knew for a fact that her parents would not ask her to help run their company unless she herself asked them to.

“Okay fine! Sorry uncle but can I go please!” Jessica begged,

Mr. Kang sighed and nodded his head. He knew it was useless to get the girl to take anything seriously. He knew that Jessica was a bright student, good in sports and studies but because of her lazy attitude she didn’t bother about anything but her sleep.

When Jessica got back to her dorm, she wanted more than anything else was to sleep in her bed but a voice prevented her so.

“What did uncle want?” Kang Jun asked,

Kang Jun was Jessica’s junior. One of the few she liked and bothered to be friends with.

“Nothing much. Just lecturing about my new hair colour.” Jessica answered,

Jun chuckled as he saw the annoying on Jessica’s face, “I told you it was a bit much.”,

Jessica rolled her eyes at younger girl, “Whatever! I’m going to bed!”,

“We’re going clubbing tonight! So don’t forget!” Jessica heard Jun yell before she shut her room door.

‘The hell I am! I just want to sleep!’ Jessica thought before she crashed into her bed.

That night Jessica did end up going to a club when Jun told her that her long time crush Taecyeon would be there.

In the club things were as they always were. People drinking, people dancing, people making out, some even leaving to go to a hotel. Nothing new.

But for Jessica it was something new cause there she was dancing with the boy of her dreams. Jessica didn’t mind one bit of Taecyeon placing his hands on her hips as their bodies sway to the music.

What did bother her was the shouts and whooping her drunken friends were giving her on the side.

“GO JESSICA!” Yelled a drunk Sooyoung,

“YOU GO GIRL!” Whooped a drunk Yuri,

“SWAY THOSE HIPS!” Shouted a drunk Yoona,

“LET HIM TOUCH YOU MORE!!!” screamed a very drunk Tiffany.

‘I’ll kill them after!’ thought Jessica but kept a smile as she continued to dance.

After dancing to one more song both Jessica and Taecyeon went back to where Jessica’s friends were and saw that they were totally wasted.

“Where’s Jun?!” Jessica asked when she realized that one was missing.

All four girls just pointed to the ground and said, “There.”,

Jessica looked down to where they pointed and her eyes widen as she saw a sleeping Jun on the floor while hugging a girls high heel.

Groaning, Jessica bend down to pick Jun up and helped sat him on one of the stools. Taecyeon laughed at the sight.

“Sorry about this. They are always like this.” Jessica blushed when she heard his laughter,

“No its fine! I better get back to my pals! Thanks for the dance!” Taecyeon said before leaning in to kiss Jessica on the cheek and disappearing into the dance crowd.

Jessica blushed harder as she touched her cheek where Taecyeon had kissed. This didn’t go unnoticed by her friends no matter how drunk they were.

“Aw!!! Look whose all red!!” Teased Yuri while the other burst out laughing.

“Shut up!” Jessica growled before heading to where the restrooms were.

Inside Jessica splashed her face and tried to calm her racing heart. She looked up to see her face was now not so red and felt her heart calm down a bit.

“Stupid Yuri!” She glared at the mirror one last time before exiting the restroom.

When Jessica came out, she was greeted by two sights. One was Taecyeon making out with another girl she saw in college before and the second was in front of her a girl who wasn’t like anyone she ever seen before.

“Move. You’re blocking way.” The girl said rudely,

But Jessica stayed glued. She didn’t know why but despite her crush kissing another girl right in front of her, the girl before her was beyond words.

The girl turned and looked behind her and saw what Jessica was looking and turned back to the frozen blonde in front of her.

“Forget about him. His a player who will leave you crushed and broken while asking for more.” The girl smirked,

Jessica finally broke out of her trance when she heard this and glared at the girl, “Who are you to tell me this?! And what would you know about him anyway?!”,

The girl however just smirked more that made Jessica shiver as she leaned in to whisper in her ear, “More than you would ever know human.”.

The girl then pushed the door behind Jessica and walked passed her into the restroom, leaving Jessica there frozen, confused and more so afraid.

Jessica didn’t know why but she felt her blood turn cold when the girl whispered to her. She had never felt so afraid in her life before. Not even her fears of thunders and cucumbers could compare to this.

“Where have you been?! We’ve been looking everywhere for you?!” Tiffany asked worriedly as she was a bit more sober now.

Jessica shook her head to clear it as the images of what happen began to cloud her mind, “Sorry. I was in the restroom when an annoying girl bugged me.” Jessica half lied,

“Oh! Well let’s get these four back. They’re totally drunk. You drive. I’m still a bit drunk.” Tiffany said as she tossed Jessica her keys.

Jessica told Tiffany to wait with the others at the entrance while she got the car.

The parking lot wasn’t far but it was still scary in the dark. Jessica could help but shiver as she walked into the parking lot, looking for Tiffany’s car.

Jessica was nearing Tiffany’s car when she heard someone say, “Hey there y! Where you going this late?!”,

Jessica glared at the man though on the inside she was trembling.

“Don’t worry sweetie. We don’t bite.” Smirked the man,

‘We?’ Jessica thought as her eyes widen when she heard another voice say, “Speak for yourself!”.

Soon one by one Jessica saw that she was surrounded by a group of six men. Backing away Jessica started to shake.

She finally realized that she was trapped when her back hit a car.

“You have nowhere to run.” Smirked the first man,

No matter how much she tried to fight back and scream it was useless. Jessica was being overpowered by six grown men.

Jessica felt saved when she heard a voice shout, “GET OFF HER!!” and saw that it was Taecyeon.

A sudden sense of relief washed over her when she saw the boy fight off the men who tried to her. But that feeling didn’t last when she saw Taecyeon being overpowered and beaten up.

When the men were done with Taecyeon they all turned their attention back to Jessica.

It was long until Jessica’s clothes were ripped and the leader of the group was holding down on the ground while he tried to get his belt off.

Jessica cried as she tried to push the man off but his friends held her down as they watched lustfully awaiting for their boss to her senselessly.

Just as the man got his belt off and started to pull done his pants a cold voice said, “Oh. And here I thought I could find my prey instead I find a feast.”,

Turning to where the voice came from, Jessica saw that it was the same girl from the club that made her afraid. She saw the girl grinning at them like she enjoyed what she was watching.

“Care to join us?! The more the better!” the leader grinned when he saw the girl.

The girl laughed as she smiled at the man, “Now you’re not who I am looking for Mr. Bouncer.”,

The man got off Jessica but his friends still held her down as he took a step towards the girl, “And who are you looking for?”,

The girl continued to grin in amusement, “I’m looking for someone with a murderous soul. Park Juyun. I heard he was a regular here and was hoping to meet him.”,

The bouncer was shocked to hear the girl say that name, “I guess you didn’t hear. He died in a car accident last month. Someone drugged him and let him drive in a petrol station. The whole thing blew up.”,

“Aw! And I was hoping to have some fun with him.” The girl frowned,

“You can have fun with us! The more the merrier!” The bouncer grinned,

The girl let out a smile that looked like a kid who had just been given what he had been waiting for, “I think I would have to do with you then.”,

Jessica watched as the girl let the man came up to her and placed her hand on his chest. What made it look like something was very wrong was that fact that the girl smirked when she said, “Your soul is almost as black as his.”,

And just before the man could take a hold of her, the girl gripped his neck and held him up in the air like he was nothing.

“I starved myself so that I could feast on Juyun’s soul but I guess I just have to make do with yours.” The girl grinned as she tightened her grip over the man’s neck.

Jessica couldn’t understand what happened but one thing was certain, one moment the bouncer was struggling in the air and the next he was motionless with blood everywhere.

Jessica felt the hold on her loosen as she saw the bouncer friends all rush to the girl. But soon they followed the bouncer and all were left dead on the ground.

“Not nearly as satisfying as I hoped it to be. But then again I should never hope.” The girl looked up to the moon the shone.

The girl turned to see Jessica still staring at her. Frightened by all around her. Jessica couldn’t move when she saw the girl walking towards her. She couldn’t even scream.

Just like the club her blood froze when the girl whispered to her but this time the girl was squatting right in front of Jessica was a smile that made her shiver.

“I told you that boy is worth nothing. If he can’t even fight off a bunch of drunken men then what hope is he when you die?” The girl asked,

Jessica’s eyes widen when she heard the word die. She heard it many times before but when it came from the girl’s mouth, it made her think that she is really about to die.

The girl grinned when she saw Jessica’s tears falling. To her, there was nothing more pleasuring than someone fearing.

Lowering herself more closely, Jessica could finally see the girl’s eyes and they were not human eyes. Instead of the normal black dot the girl had eyes like a cat did when it was out in the sun. Not only that, but her eyes were red, blood red.

“What are you?” Jessica breathed but the girl just grinned, “I am something you all fear.”,

Jessica couldn’t understand what the girl meant but she could tell that what the girl said was true. She should fear her. And she did. Jessica for once thought that her fears of thunder and cucumbers were now nothing but childish fears.

The girl laughed at Jessica as she watched Jessica battling herself on the inside, “So Jessica. Let me ask you one thing.” The girl said and Jessica looked at her, shocked that she knew her name.

“Do you wish to die?” was what the girl asked and it was all it took for Jessica’s mind to lose all thought and sanity.

Soon it all went black. The last thing Jessica saw was the girl smiling at her and the last thing she thought was, ‘Please save me.’.