Home Invasion, But Not Really

War and Peace

Eunwoo watched as Soohee ran up to her bedroom. He chuckled lightly at how easily flustered she could get from being around him. He liked that about her. That, among other things.

He walked over to the couch and threw himself on it, enjoying how comfortably squishy the cushions were and how the scent was mildly of Soohee's body wash: lavender vanilla.

He scanned the room to locate his favorite part about Soohee's apartment and smiled when he saw the gleaming set of eyes hiding inside an open cardboard box. He found the nearest treat bag and shook it, smiling when the small cat ran out toward him. 

"Yes here you go, Kono. I know you only love me because I feed you, but that's okay because you're adorable, yes you are," he spoke to the cat. 

He didn't notice that Soohee was listening to the whole thing and was trying to refrain from bursting out laughing at Eunwoo's ridiculous baby voice. It sounded strange since his voice was naturally deep, and so hearing a mildly high-pitched and sometimes cracking voice made Soohee want to laugh.

She composed herself as best she could, mind the few giggles that managed to escape, and walked over to the couch. She leaned over the top to see Eunwoo smothering her frail kitten in hugs and kisses that the poor cat was neither enjoying nor disliking what was happening. Soohee tsked at Eunwoo who froze as if he was caught and stole her cat away. 

"Yah, why is it that every time you come over the first thing you do is look for my cat? You know you're allergic and yet you put yourself through misery because she's cute? Goodness..." Soohee said, glaring at the boy whose eyes were starting to water. 

He sheepishly grinned and lied, "I took my allergy medicine...?" even though he clearly didn't. Soohee only glared and then rolled her eyes, walking over to a nearby kitchen cabinet where all her medicines and first aid things were located. 

She didn't even have to look to know where the allergy medicine was, since she kept everything neat and organized to the dot. Second from the top shelf, all the way to the right and behind the allergy medicine that could put you to sleep, she grabbed the small bottle and got one pill out. She poured a glass of water for Eunwoo to take the medicine with and went back to the suffering boy. 

After slapping Eunwoo's hands away from his face a few times to refrain him from rubbing his eyes, she forced him to take the medicine and drink the whole glass of water. She also tried very hard to not stare at his Adam's apple while he drank the water, pretending to busy herself with petting her cat to divert her attention anywhere else.

After finishing the water, Eunwoo said, "Ah, what would I do without you Soohee?" 

Soohee only rolled her eyes and said, "Well if I wasn't here, you wouldn't even be in this situation because you either wouldn't know me or I wouldn't exist and therefore neither would my cat and your allergic reaction so, without me you'd still be fine."

Eunwoo opened his mouth to argue, but closed it when he knew she was right. Soohee only nodded as if saying, "You know I'm right." 

Eunwoo quickly then said, "Well fine, then I'l change what I said to 'Thank you Soohee my savior for the reckless boy who is attracted to cute things and can't help hisself.'"

He looked at her with a huge grin and Soohee only smacked him slightly on the head, calling him a pabo.

He rubbed his head pouting while Soohee walked to get her backpack, determined to finish the homework given to her today from the trio's first class. She sat down at her desk which was propped against the wall next to her upright piano. In perspective, her back was to Eunwoo who was lying down on the couch which was facing the wall to Soohee's left.

Soohee looked at the homework and sighed, since she was never a huge fan of science-related topics. The class was Biology which she put off taking for a long time even though she knew she probably shouldn't have. However, the other two still needed to take a science course as well so they decided to all take Biology since it worked. 

The homework was basic stuff that she took notes on, but it was tedious work that she wasn't a fan of doing. She glanced to her left at her piano and mentally told herself the faster she finished the homework, the quicker she'd be able to practice her precious piano. She was a piano music major after all.

Eunwoo was silently watching Soohee work and struggle, waiting for her to cave and scoot herself from her desk chair to her piano bench. He knew she hated science in all forms and would eventually give up, waiting until Kihyun came over so the three could do the homework together. He knew her better than anyone else and saw all the signs that led up to her moving over. 

The first sign was the glance. It happens early on because she tries to motivate herself by saying she can wait (she never ends up waiting).

The second sign was the hair twirling. She was left handed and so her right hand would do the twirling, trying to serve as a distraction from how much she really did not want to do the homework.

The third sign was the fidgeting. She had a small little toy thing on her desk that she could fidget with that was supposed to help people focus, but for Soohee, it just led her to believe she was gettting nowhere and should take a break soon. She worked pretty hard on those first few questions. She deserved a small break. Maybe after this next question?

The last sign was her shaking her leg and tapping her right hand to a piece she was working on or had on her mind. Once she had a piece playing in her head, that's when it was all over and she caved.

She normally forgot that anyone was over her house at any time (to which Eunwoo and Kihyun had scolded her plenty of times for since it was not only dangerous but they were upset she forgot they were there) so she looked both ways as if checking to see if anyone was there and after not seeing anyone, she quickly moved over to her piano bench. 

Eunwoo tried to keep in his laughter at how cute he thought Soohee was. Although she didn't see him, he was most definitely still there and was happy that he was able to see her like this, at her most "herself" time. He wasn't sure if even her parents or two siblings saw her like this, but felt special anyway since he knew none of their other friends had.

He then smiled when he heard a light tune being played, lifting his spirits and easing his heart. He loved Soohee's playing because it was always beautiful, even if the piece had a sad or dark sound. Whether a fast-paced piece, a waltz, an etude or concerto, it was always in it's own form beautiful. 

After the piece ended, Eunwoo clapped and Soohee jumped a little in her seat. It happened every time, but she always forgot someone (Eunwoo) was there. 

"Which one was that?" Eunwoo asked.

"Un Sospiro by Liszt," she replied, feeling content after playing. 

Eunwoo smiled, feeling happy that Soohee was happy.

After a few more pieces, Eunwoo checked the time and saw it was 4PM. Kihyun usually arrived at the house by 4:30 so Eunwoo still had 30 more minutes alone with Soohee. Don't get him wrong, Eunwoo loved Kihyun like he was his brother. But it was still nice to be able to spend time with his closest friend even though they had time like this more often than not. 

Eunwoo got up from the couch and walked over to Soohee, standing behind her while she continued playing. She stopped playing momentarily and Eunwoo took that chance to basically give her a back hug with his chest on her back and his arms surrounding her, except his hands went to the piano. 

Soohee froze and willed herself to do anything but turn her head to her left, where Eunwoo placed his head. 

"Let's play together, yea?" he casually said.

Soohee couldn't think properly, most of her thoughts focused on how close he was and how he could've just sat next to her to play together instead of like this. She managed to nod her head and he smiled.

They started playing some made-up tune and all was going well until they finished and Soohee turned her head in delight to look at Eunwoo. At first she didn't think anything of it since she was smiling from having so much fun with their little song, but soon realized just how close his face was to hers.

Soohee thought how really nice he looked from up-close, as well as normally which was unfair really but he was just so perfect.

Eunwoo was into Soohee's big brown orbs that he thought were so much prettier up-close than they normally were.

The two just looked at each other, not daring to move as if time was still and if either of them looked away, the other would disappear. Then, Eunwoo moved to lean in little by little and was staring at her lips instead of her eyes. Soohee didn't know why he was getting closer and decided to close her eyes in some sort of attempt to make sense of what was going on.

Soohee could feel Eunwoo's breath on her lips and her heart was racing. It was almost too good to be true if what she thought was happening was going to happen.

And she was right.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

The two jolted apart at the sound and heard the familiar voice of their friend.

"Let me in~ It's Kihyunnie!" said the voice. Soohee was too shocked to move while Eunwoo moved his hand through his hair in frustration before groaning and going to open the door. 

Kihyun burst through and triumphantly stated, "I have arrived," while putting his hands on his hips and standing with his legs spread apart as if he was some sort of hero. 

Eunwoo only stared at him like he was an idiot while Soohee was still in a daze.

Kihyun saw Soohee and went up to her, asking if she was okay. He held her face in his hands and tried to catch her eyes to make her focus on him. She snapped out of her daze after being shaken around a bit and locked eyes with Kihyun. Her eyes widened a little in shock seeing him looking at her and tried not to think too much about how close he was. 

It wasn't until Eunwoo cleared his throat that Kihyun's eyes also widened a little and he jumped back, "smoothly" running his hand through his hair and rubbing the back of his neck while clearing his throat. 

Soohee just giggled because she didn't know what else to do and the two boys followed, making the air a little less awkward. Kihyun then made the announcement that he was going to do the homework from class and went to set up at the coffee table in front of the couch. Eunwoo agreed and followed, taking his things out from his backpack. Soohee just picked up her things from her desk and moved to the table. The three worked out the homework and finished in less than an hour. 

"Ahh this teamwork of ours is so great. If only we could take all of our classes together so I wouldn't have to think--I mean...so we could finish this quickly every time!" Kihyun said. 

Soohee laughed while Eunwoo smiled and shook his head at his friend who was just smiling.

Soohee checked the clock on her wall and saw it was barely 5PM. Curious, she said, "Oh yea, Kihyun got here pretty early huh? Don't you usually get here around 4:30? It was probably barely 4:10 when you got here."

Kihyun nodded and said, "Yup! Professor-nim let us out of class early. Something about a family emergency or she had an emergency or was it a rash...?"

Soohee and Eunwoo lauhed at Kihyun's very bad memory or rather lack of trying to remember.

Soohee then stood up and asked, "How about I start with making dinner then? I'm assuming you guys are gonna stay here longer again like uninvited house guests or hmm, more like home invaders?"

The two guys sat there "casually" whistling as if they did nothing wrong. Soohee gave them a judgemental look and said, "Thought so," before turning to head toward the kitchen.

She opened the fridge to see what ingredients she had and was disappointed to see she didn't have much. She went upstairs to check her groceries jar and saw she had just enough to buy some more things. She quickly wrote something down in her money journal and took the $20 bill from the jar. She grabbed her purse that was hanging on the wall and walked back downstairs to get her wallet from her backpack. 

As she reached the bottom of the stairs and turned to go toward her desk where she left her backpack, she saw the two boys sitting across from each other looking very serious. Soohee rasied an eyebrow but continued watching in silence, interested in where this would be heading. 

Eunwoo counted, "3, 2, 1, Go!" and all of a sudden the two boys broke out into calls for the small cat situated inbetween them to see who it would choose. At first, Soohee was looking at them in disgust because they were acting all cutesy but then burst into laughter at how silly they were. Once she got into the sight of her cat, it immediately ran to her. Soohee hugged her purring cat while the two males groaned. They thought for sure it would choose either of them this time. 

"Why won't it love meeee," Kihyun whined.

Soohee sent him a glare and said, "She's not an it, she's a cat and her name is Kono. That's probably one reason she chooses me, I don't call or refer to her as an it," snuggling up to the small cat who seemed like it was smiling in Soohee's arms.

The two males looked on, not sure whether to be jealous of Soohee since her cat chose her or to be jealous of the cat who was snuggled closely in Soohee's arms. 

Soohee went to feed her cat a few treats before going to her backpack and rummaging around to find her wallet. The two boys just silently watched, not sure what their friend was doing and also bored with not having anything to do. 

Soohee finally found the wallet and walked to the front door. She grabbed her house keys and a coat and was about to open the door before Kihyun asked, "Where are you going?"

Soohee turned around and looked at the two boys staring at her and realized she forgot to say she was going to the market.

"Oh, sorry, I need to buy some stuff from the market. It's just down the street so I was gonna walk over and come right back. I'll be quick," Soohee replied, only to be met with two pairs of concerned eyes. 

"What?" she asked.

"You're gonna go to the market by yourself? At 5:10PM when it's not Daylight Savings? The sun isn't even up anymore at this time and it's dark outside and you plan on walking outside alone in the dark?" Eunwoo questioned.

Soohee just stared at him as if he asked her what 2 plus 2 was. She'd walked to the market by herself on plenty of occasions--both during the daytime and nighttime--and she was here, wasn't she? It wasn't like she was planning on walking five miles and then coming back.

"Well, yea. It's not like I haven't walked to the market alone at night before," Soohee stated matter-of-factly.

Kihyun made an exaggerated gasp while Eunwoo tsked at her, shaking his head at her.

"I'll walk with you," the two boys said at the same time.

They looked at each other and glared before saying in unison again, "No, I am. No, me. Stop that!"

Soohee just stared at the boys like they were stupid and then burst into laughter. These two really were something.

"Okay fine, one goes, one stays. Rock, paper, scissors: winner goes, loser stays," Soohee stated.

The two boys looked at each other wordlessly at first but then turned competitive in an instance. They got into strange squatting-but-not-but-not-exactly-standing positions as Soohee said, "Rock, paper, scissors!"

Eunwoo stuck out his hand in scissors while Kihyun stuck his hand out in rock. The latter cheered out loud while Eunwoo cried out in despair. Soohee just laughed at the whole thing, not realizing any of the importance that was the "battle."

Eunwoo grumpily walked over to the couch and plopped down as Soohee and Kihyun left to the market. Eunwoo sent a million curses at Kihyun mentally while glaring holes into the back of his head. His only solace was that maybe he could train Kono to love him more, which gave him some sort of incentive of happiness for staying home.

Soohee and Kihyun walked cheerfully to the market, cracking jokes and talking about their day. Kihyun treasured that he was able to make Soohee smile and laugh the way she was since her smile was his favorite thing about her. That, among other things. 

They reached a stop light and were held up by the red hand telling them not to cross as cars zoomed past them in a hurry to go home. Kihyun was telling Soohee some dumb joke he had heard about a sea cucumber and a mollusk when Soohee saw the hand turn into the white walking person saying it was okay to cross the street. Soohee walked first, signaling with a wave of her hand to Kihyun to walk with her, but Kihyun only saw the oncoming red car speeding their way through the red light. Acting first, Kihyun grabbed Soohee's arm and pulled her close to his chest, wrapping protective arms around her and turning her away from the street as the car zoomed by, creating a gush of wind to send up dirt and fallen leaves. Kihyun's heart was racing in fear for Soohee while the latter's heart was racing for a complete opposite reason.

"Oh my gosh, Soohee, are you okay? That stupid jerk could've run you over! You're not hurt anywhere are you? Oh gosh what a bastard that guy!!" Kihyun said.

Soohee only stayed in Kihyun's arms, feeling safe and hearing his heart beat for her. 

She stood still, not sure what was going on and why heat was crawling up to her cheeks. She hid her face in his Kihyun's chest, not knowing that she was making his heart flutter like crazy, but not out of fear anymore. 

The two eventually separated in a series of awkward throats trying to be cleared and not making eye contact. They crossed the street as the red hand was starting to blink and walked the rest of the short distance to the market in silence. 

They eventually arrived after what seemed like a lifetime and started their search for food ingredients.

Kihyun decided to break the ice first by asking, "So what are we making for dinner?"

Soohee stared at the grocery list she had hastily written and said, "Kimchi-jiggae. Wait, we?" turning her head to look at Kihyun in disbelief if he was implying what she thought he was implying.

"Oh great. Yea, I'm helping you make dinner tonight. Is that okay?" Kihyun said, trying to read the messy handwriting on the quickly-written list. 

Soohee just stared at Kihyun. He never offered to help cook. No one did. It was something Soohee just did on her own and the guys let her. She raised an eyebrow in suspicion that he was up to something. Did he want something? Did he do something and was secretly trying to repay her?

"What did you do?" Soohee questioned.

Kihyun turned to her in confusion, asking, "What are you talking about...?"

"I said, what did you do? Did you break something in my house? Were you planning on breaking something in my house? Why else would you offer to help cook dinner?" Soohee replied.

Kihyun stared at her with a confused face before breaking out into a state of realization and bursting into laughter.

"Yah yah why are you laughing huh?! You did break something then?!?" Soohee exclaimed.

It took a while for Kihyun to calm down before saying inbetween giggles, "Okay you've got something wrong going on. I'm offering to help you because I feel like it. Nothing else, no ulterior motive, I just feel like it. And since it's kimchi-jiggae, that's even easier so I feel even more like I want to help cook dinner. That's it."

Soohee was shocked at his response, not used to things happening "just because," although it seemed like lately, between him and Eunwoo, the two were doing things for her just because. It was nice, but strange. 

Soohee only nodded her head and walked down the aisles of the grocery store to find the missing ingredients she needed, such as mushrooms, tofu, pork, and one cream pan (bread filled with cream) that she could never resist buying whenever she saw it being sold. 

It was nice to just go grocery shopping with Kihyun because he was focused, helping choose which of the mushrooms looked better and finding the tofu when Soohee couldn't locate it. He didn't complain or ask for anything more because he knew Soohee was on a budget and didn't want to push her. Which is why she bought an extra cream pan just for him, and she doesn't ever do that.

As they were walking back, they once again reached the stop light. The two grew silent after remembering the incident from before, not knowing each other's faces were blushing and hearts were pounding. The white light walking man appeared and before Soohee could even take a step, Kihyun's hand shot out and grabbed hers, wrapping firmly but gently around her small hand.

Soohee looked down and looked at him as he said, "Just in case," while smiling warmly at her.

She felt her insides melt a little and forced herself to look away since she could feel the heat creeping up her neck and into her cheeks. She didn't pull away and the two walked across the street and all the way back just like that. They didn't say much, but it was okay. It was comfortable to just have each other around.

They arrived back at Soohee's apartment and Soohee begrudgingly had to pull her hand out of Kihyun's embrace so she could find her keys and let them inside. Her hand felt cold and his felt empty. She barely managed to pull her keys out of her pocket before the door swung open to see a pouting Eunwoo.

"Yaaaaaaaah what took you guys so long~ I'm starving and lonely!" Eunwoo said. 

Soohee only smiled and said while shrugging her shoulders, "We weren't even gone that long, quit whining you big baby."

Kihyun followed Soohee inside and to the kitchen, getting out the ingredients from the grocery bags and starting to prep them. Soohee got the ingredients she already had out and started making the soup base. Eunwoo just watched, questioning the air that was in the kitchen. Although it was quiet, it was...warm. He wondered if something happened while they were gone that made this, which made his eyes stare a little bit harder at his best friend to see if anything really did change.

Soohee busied herself with all the work she had to do for her soup that she paid no attention to the two boys in her kitchen. She was usually like this anyway, except instead of having to do a million things, she had to do around a hundred, thanks to Kihyun.

She always spoke to herself while cooking because it was the only way she would remember every recipe and not forget any ingredients. It wouldn't be great to have kimchi-jiggae without any kimchi. Because of this, whenever she needed an ingredient, it magically appeared before her, prepped and ready to be cooked. She was thankful to Kihyun and that he knew how to make the dish, otherwise she'd have to say to do this and that and she was never a fan of group projects.

Eunwoo didn't see anything out of place (except for the fact that Kihyun was helping cook dinner) and dismissed his earlier thoughts. Maybe it was something he just never noticed before.

Soon, beautiful smells started wafting throughout the apartment, making neighbors jealous and dogs hungry. Kihyun left to go play a game with Eunwoo since all that was left to do was wait for the soup and make the rice, something only Soohee did because they all admitted that she made the best rice. 

As she was washing the rice, she started reminiscing a little bit about her day today and all its ups and downs. She hadn't blushed so much and had never felt so many butterflies within one day in her entire life. She was a little bit curious at her own actions and her two friends' actions, not sure if it meant anything or if it was just some next step to ultimate friendship, if such a thing existed.

She put the washed rice into the rice cooker and sat down in a chair, setting a timer until the rice was cooked and the soup would be ready. She felt exhausted after her long day and felt like wanting to lay down for a bit. She walked over to her couch where her two friends were situated playing a game on her Xbox and sat between them. She put her legs over Eunwoo's lap and laid her head in Kihyun's lap. She showed them the timer and quickly fell asleep, resting comfortably.

On the other hand, the two boys were internally flipping out. Kihyun wouldn't dare look at her sleeping face, afraid he wouldn't be able to look away. Eunwoo wouldn't dare stare at her bare legs, not wanting to stare at his best friend's body in a way he shouldn't.

They tried very hard to concentrate on their game, but struggled with their thoughts clouding their brains, causing them to lose in a battle. Normally, they would have been frustrated, but under the circumstances, they wouldn't dare move an inch to show anything. 

Once the game ended, they normally would've headed straight into a new round, but they couldn't even remember they were playing a game with their thoughts occupied on their sleeping friend. They just prayed that the timer would go off soon so that she could wake up and get off, although they weren't sure they really wanted her to leave.

The two turned to look at each other and notice how each other's faces had the same embarrassed/flustered look and wondered if maybe there was more to the situation than what met the eye.

Kihyun looked away first, trying very hard to ignore Eunwoo's burning stare drilling holes in the side of his head. He didn't want him to figure out anything, not that there was much to figure out. It wasn't easy to hide, but Kihyun really did try his best until recently when he had started building up more courage to put himself in situations he only dreamt about.

Eunwoo on the other hand studied his friend's face as if looking for any signs. He had had suspicions since the day they first met, but always put it aside whenever he seemed to act uninterested or would talk about other girls from his classes that he thought were hot or pretty. He never wanted to let his friend know about hisself because he never wanted things to get weird, but relished that he never had to compete with anyone, at least not until now. But he wasn't going to just let years of friendship get lost over someone with 3 years of friendship. 

Eunwoo decided that in this moment though, it was finally time to ease his suspicions once and for all. He needed to know if his friend was truly that or a newfound competitor, although he really hoped that he was wrong. 

"Kihyun," Eunwoo said.

Kihyun slowly turned his head and said, "Oh, uh yea? What's up?" 

Eunwoo squinted his eyes at the younger boy and asked, "Do you...do you like Soohee?"

Kihyun's eyes widened and his mouth opened, making him look like a fish. His mouth opened and closed, but no words came out.

Finally, he managed, "W-What?! Haha nooooooo no no no way. Why...why would you ask me that? That's silly. Ha. Me and hoho no no definitely...not."

Eunwoo looked at him with suspicious looks which seemed to surround Kihyun, and asked, "Really? Are you sure? You can tell me anything you know. Between us guys."

"No no, really it's not like that. She's like a...a sibling? I would never see her like..that, you know? She's just a...sibling. Besides, we shouldn't even be talking about this when she's like literally right here?" Kihyun said, pointing at Soohee. 

"Unless," he continued, "you do? You know, like her?"

Eunwoo's eyes softened as he looked at Soohee's sleeping face and didn't answer at first. 

Kihyun saw Eunwoo's eyes change from suspicious glares to melty goo in an instant and knew he was right. Heck, he'd known he's been right since the minute they first met. It was painfully obvious and didn't understand why they weren't already dating, except for the fact that Soohee was so oblivious to everything. 

Eunwoo eventually replied, "Yea. I do. I have since...I can't even remember. It was just one day I saw her and she just looked so...pretty. Everything she did made me smile and I would get butterflies whenever she smiled at me. It didn't make sense until someone told me that I should ask her out. I would've too if I wasn't so scared of losing her."

Kihyun's heart sank at his friend's confession. He knew it, but he didn't want to hear it. He lost a battle that he never should've even fought in. He knew it was a losing battle and yet, he wanted to try. He dreamt all of these situations where he and Soohee could be together and Eunwoo...who knows.

But he knew it was a long shot. He could never win over Eunwoo. The guy is practically perfect in every way and he's been by Soohee's side since forever. She would never choose him over Eunwoo. 

"I wonder where her heart is at," Eunwoo said.

Kihyun looked at him questionably, asking, "What do you mean?"

Eunwoo said, "I don't know where her heart is. I don't know if she likes me back or if she likes someone else. I can't tell and I'm too afraid to ask her. I'm afraid she'll say someone else's name instead of mine."

Kihyun looked at his friend in pity. It must've been hard for him to hide his feelings for so long, and yet here he was, intruding, having feelings for the same girl. It wasn't like he could choose his feelings and delegate where they went. He tried distracting himself with other girls but they seemed so pale in contrast to how bright Soohee shined. He couldn't help falling for her.

"Then I'll ask," blurted Kihyun. He wanted to slap himself.

Eunwoo looked at him and said, "What? Really?" 

Kihyun just nodded, mentally scolding himself. He was afraid of her answer as well, but he had nothing to lose. Well, he would lose Soohee to Eunwoo, but heck, he had to try. 

Eunwoo smiled and simply said, "Okay," resigning to lean back on the couch and close his eyes. Kihyun only sighed and stared down at Soohee, thinking of how he would ask her. 

Not much later, the timer went off and Soohee stirred a little. However, instead of waking up, she snuggled closer to warmth and hugged Kihyun's body, also putting her legs inbetween Eunwoo's back and the couch cushion. Kihyun tried to stay calm but was flustered at how her face was just in his T-shirt and stomach, silently cursing himself at why he should do more ab exercises.

Eunwoo laughed at Soohee and shook her, telling her to wake up. 

Her eyebrows furrowed and she took a deep breath as a sign that she was getting up. She scrunched up first into a ball and then used Kihyun's body to help her sit up, putting her hands just about anywhere that would help her. She seemed to forget that it was him and not the couch she was sleeping on. 

It was only when she was sitting up face to face with Kihyun and opened her eyes that she realized he was right there. Her eyes widened and she jumped off, bumping into the coffee table and falling over onto the ground. 

"OH my gosh are you okay?!?" Kihyun asked. 

Soohee was grabbing her leg and nodded, saying, "Yea, yea I'm good. Sorry, I was just not expecting a person." 

Eunwoo walked over to Soohee and saw she got a small cut on her leg where she hit the table. He went and got the first aid kid and put a band-aid on it, smiling at Soohee to make her feel better.

Kihyun tried not to feel bad, but couldn't help but watch as Eunwoo took care of Soohee. He sighed and got up to check on the rice and soup. He saw it was all ready and started serving everything, putting the side dishes out. He called out that everything was ready and sat down at the dining table, waiting for his two friends.

They eventually sat down as well and the trio started eating. All was well, until Kihyun finally said out of the blue, "So Soohee..."

Soohee looked up from her food and said, "Yea?"

Eunwoo gave Kihyun a glance, pretending not to know where this was going.

"Have you ever liked anyone?" Kihyun said.

Flabbegasted, Soohee said, "Well that's a random question."

Kihyun shrugged and said, "I dunno, I just randomly thought about it. I don't know much about your 'love life,'" trying to seem as casual as possible.

Soohee nodded and said, "True, it's not like it's something we really talk about huh haha."

Kihyun only smiled as Soohee was thinking. 

"Hmm," she said, "I think I haven't? There wasn't really anyone growing up that I had a crush on or whatever. I've never had a boyfriend since someone here," pointing over at Eunwoo, "scared all the boys away from me."

Eunwoo put his hands up and said, "I was trying to protect you. Some of those boys were dumb and a lot of them were unworthy of even being in your company."

Soohee laughed and shook her head.

"Well what about Kihyun then? Is he unworthy of being in my presence?" she mocked.

Eunwoo looked at Kihyun and Kihyun just stared back in curiousity. If Eunwoo really did chase boys away from Soohee, why was he still here?

"Well...he's the first guy you brought to me," Eunwoo said. "Usually they would try and come to me themselves saying they thought you were cute or something and so since you brought him...I thought I would give him a chance."

Kihyun smiled at his friend and smiled at Soohee, glad that she chose him and wanted him to be her friend. It was these times where he felt like he had a chance still. 

The trio finished eating and started cleaning up. Soohee was washing dishes while Eunwoo and Kihyun were off trying to win over her cat's affections again.

Soohee was grumbly that this always happened, but every time she looked over to see her two stupid friends trying to do some weird thing for her cat, she couldn't help but smile. 

They were most definitely home invaders, but since they were her friends, not really.