A Good, But Unusual Day

War and Peace

The trio's class ended with Soohee having five pages full of notes, Eunwoo with an abnormal seven pages, and Kihyun with a measly three pages. Kihyun made fun of the two nerds who tried so hard in class to take so many notes because he didn't have to take notes to do well on tests. Kihyun was the type of guy who didn't need to study all that much and got A minuses on tests. Soohee envied his ridiculously secret smart brain. 

Eunwoo only made comebacks saying how studying helped him to get A pluses, not minuses, which made him number 1 in all of middle and high school. Soohee envied his incredibly not-so-secret smart brain. 

The two boys began a staring match with imaginary sparks flying in-between. Somehow, they thought whoever won would prove to be smarter or something, but in reality (a.k.a. Soohee looking at the two boys like they were brainless), whoever won would boost the winner's ego.

Soohee rolled her eyes at the two boys when their eyes started watering and becoming red. She put a hand on each of their faces and slid down to close their eyes, smirking triumphantly when they complained and whined to her. 

"There, no one won, you both lost to me. Now let's go eat!" Soohee exclaimed.

The two only looked at the girl at first before looking at each other and quickly turning to whisper to each other. Soohee stared at them with curiosity and was about to leave them before she felt herself being lifted up. Her eyes widened and she turned her head to look back, only to see Eunwoo smiling mischievously before turning back around and seeing Kihyun kneeling, facing away from her. She was then placed on Kihyun's back and was only able to latch on before Kihyun started sprinting at break-neck speed.

Soohee was barely able to blink before clinging on tighter to Kihyun and screaming. Eunwoo wasn't far behind either, being able to keep up with his long legs. They reached a place outside behind some empty storage boxes that the trio discovered their first year at the school. It was the place they usually went to for eating and hanging out at school. 

Kihyun reached a table that was there and turned around to seat Soohee on the top. He noticed, however, that Soohee wasn't letting go of him with her arms wrapped around his neck and chest, keeping her chest pressed up against his back. He started feeling a little nervous when she wouldn't let go and actually held herself closer out of fear.

His face started burning up red and he nervously stammered, "Y-Yah Soohee, you c-can get...off...now..." Eunwoo caught up and saw the red-faced Kihyun and started laughing a little at his friend. Kihyun gave him death glares and silently pleaded him to help. 

After getting the laughs out of his system, he walked over and took Soohee's hands in his own, lifting them up so Kihyun could duck under their arms and escape. Kihyun ran off screaming something along the lines of, "I'm getting food!!" Eunwoo chuckled at his friend before turning to Soohee and seeing she still had her eyes closed and had a scared expression on her face. 

Eunwoo was still holding Soohee's hands and tsked, saying to Soohee, "Yah, you shouldn't close your eyes when there's a man standing in front of you holding your hands. You'll make him think he can do whatever he wants."

Soohee slowly opened one eye, checking to make sure everything was actually okay before seeing Eunwoo's face being really close to hers. Her other eye opened naturally as she caught her best friend's eye contact and they just stared at each other. Was the world spinning or was everything really quiet? 

After blinking and noticing he was holding her hands as well, Soohee forced herself to look away and brought her hands to her sides. She then proceeded to stand up, even though getting off the table to stand put her much closer to Eunwoo than she thought. To shake off what was going on in her mind, she muttered something about food and tried walking away before Eunwoo grabbed her arm and told her Kihyun was getting it. She nodded and the two stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say to each other for the first time in a long time.

Not long after, she saw three people heading toward her, a couple and a girl. She smiled and waved to them, signaling to come over. The girl next to couple ran over and headed straight to Soohee to envelop her in a crushing hug. 

"SOOHEE," the girl sobbed, "DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE WITH THESE PEOPLE EVER AGAIN." 

Soohee chuckled at the poor girl who was stuck in classes with the lovey-dovey couple who never seemed to separate and always made faces and were all over each other at any given time. 

"Minji, what happened this time?" Soohee asked.

Minji glared at the couple who were pretending to be whistling as if they did nothing. "They tried to set me up on a date. Again. And with that weirdo kid who's been staring at me in our history class! 'Give him a chance, he likes you, you never know' they said! It turns out, he's never had a girlfriend, plays Overwatch at home all day and still lives with his parents. The boy's 24!!" Minji cried. 

Soohee patted the back of her distressed friend and said, "There, there. It's okay," in the most monotonous and least compassionate voice she could fake without laughing too much.

Minji glared at her friend but laughed soon after. The couple, Park Myungjun and Kang Sora, went to sit down at the end of the table sitting opposite of each other. They were always in their own land that included each other and no one else. Minji followed suit and sat down next to, but not entirely close to, Myungjun (who they just called MJ) while Eunwoo sat on the edge of the table on Sora's side. Soohee turned to look at her friends and continued standing, enjoying momentarily how she was taller than Eunwoo for once. 

Eunwoo laughed at Soohee who was reveling in her "tallness" while Minji went on her phone and the couple talked and held hands, making occasional kissy faces at each other. 

Eunwoo soon received a text from Kihyun saying he was coming back with the food soon. Soohee was about to walk around Eunwoo to sit on his right when he slid over on the table so she could sit on his left instead. She was a little confused since normally the two boys (Eunwoo and Kihyun) sat across from each other and the two girls (Soohee and Minji) sat across from each other. She decided it was okay though to switch it up a little and continued to sit on Eunwoo's left. 

Right at that moment, Kihyun came with a tray full of food (different sandwiches and breads) and sat down tiredly next to Soohee on her left. She was sandwiched between the two boys and wasn't entirely sure how she felt about it. Minji looked up to see what was going on and saw how red Soohee's face was, doing her best to keep in her laughter at her friend's situation.

The group started eating and Soohee stayed quiet, not really sure what to do since this never happened. It wasn't that she was complaining though either. She was completely at a loss for words at what to do, her mind overloading on a million thoughts per second. 

After some time of eating, Minji said, "Hey let's play a game!" The four (excluding the couple since they were too busy just staring at each other) agreed and decided to play a game where Minji would mouth something and either of the two guys had to guess by whispering the answer to Soohee would then say the answer out loud. It was something decided to make up on the spot but it sounded like it could be fun, so why not?

"First category, numbers!" Minji said.

She went on to mouth a number and Eunwoo immediately shot his hand up. Minji nodded, acknowledging that he could go ahead and tell Soohee. However, instead of just normally leaning over and whispering in his ear, Eunwoo wrapped his left arm around Soohee so his hand was placed right at her rib cage, dangerously close to her under-, and held her left hand with his right hand, intertwining the fingers so she wouldn't move too much. He then proceeded to whisper what he thought was the answer, even though it made no sense.

Soohee, her cheeks flushed and her body stiff (in case if she moved too much and his left hand slipped), said Eunwoo's answer aloud, "Uhhh bi baek ship yuk oh pal?"

Minji looked at Eunwoo like he was an idiot and said, "No." Kihyun just laughed at how weird the answer was since it wasn't even a proper number. 

Minji's phone went off signaling it was time for her (and the couple's) next class. She groaned and begrudgingly got up, screaming at the couple to hurry up. The trio also got up to go to class as well, except Eunwoo had a class by himself while Kihyun and Soohee had a class together. 

Soohee was glad she could go to class because she was feeling a little too warm with Eunwoo getting so close. It wasn't like they didn't hug or lean on each other's shoulders on a normal basis, but lately, it seemed like Eunwoo had been into holding her hand, even intertwining their fingers on some occasions. 

In the back of Soohee's mind, there was a part of her that actually didn't it mind it all that much, but her rational side said not to think too much into it. They're best friends and that was all, right?

Kihyun noticed Soohee was spacing out a little as they were walking to class. Eunwoo had to go a completely opposite direction and couldn't walk with them to class, which was kind of nice for the two friends who were still learning new things about each other. Kihyun even stopped walking and knew something was on her mind since she kept walking with no mind that her friend wasn't beside her. 

Kihyun smiled and shook his head. "You're gonna bump into a pole," he said out loud, seeing how Soohee didn't even seem to notice which way she was walking. She kept walking and he knew she didn't hear him at all. 

Before she hit the pole, she felt herself get whisked away and into someone's arms. She broke out of her thoughts to look up and see Kihyun smiling at her. *Was he always this handsome?* she thought to herself, her cheeks burning up a little bit.

"You should really pay more attention to where you're going. If I didn't save you, you would've crashed straight into that pole and gotten a concussion or serious brain damage and died you know," Kihyun said, obviously exaggerating the severity of Soohee's mindless wandering.

Soohee laughed at Kihyun's ridiculousness, knowing very well she wouldn't have died bumping into a pole. 

"Well I wouldn't have to worry about all that anyway because if I'm with you I know you'll always save me," she smartly replied back. It was Kihyun's turn to blush and he did so by letting go of Soohee and turning around, rubbing his neck and muttering something about the hallways being a little warm.

She giggled and tapped him on the shoulder, waiting for him to turn around and face her before saying, "And I guess I have to thank you for saving me this time, so..." trailing off to try and hide her embarrassment. She looked at him and put her hands on his chest to balance as she went on her tip-toes to give him a small kiss on the cheek. 

She quickly retreated and managed a small, "Thank you," before turning to enter the classroom. She quickly found her way to her seat and fanned her face, wondering why she even did that. She mentally told the butterflies in her stomach to calm down even though the scene kept replaying over and over again in her head. 

Kihyun just stood there with his eyes wide open and his hand placed on his cheek where Soohee's lips were. He felt his whole face burn up and butterflies flying around in his whole body. He smiled like an idiot before jumping around and punching the air. He stopped when some students walked by and stared at him weirdly, clearing his throat in embarrassment. He did one last fist pump before walking into class, trying to act cool. 

Kihyun sat next to Soohee on her left and the two didn't talk, too focused in their own worlds and too embarrassed at what happened. It wasn't until Soohee saw Kihyun's fingers "walking" over to her that she looked at Kihyun and brushed his hand away, amused. The two laughed and pretended to be fighting with their hands like children until the professor walked in. 

Class went on and Soohee was taking notes while Kihyun had fallen asleep. Soohee kept glancing at him, thoughts pouring in her head of how he looked so peaceful and like a baby when he slept. Class ended and Soohee had to wake up her sleeping friend. She knew he had a class after this while she didn't and she didn't want him to be late.

"Kihyun~" Soohee said while gently shaking his shoulder. He didn't budge and continued sleeping. She shook his arm a little more vigorously but to no avail. She said his name a few more times and kept shaking him, but the boy didn't move.

Kihyun then started sleep-talking, saying things like, "Five more minutes, mom."

Soohee replied back, "I'm not your mother, it's Soohee. You have class. Wake up~"

Kihyun in his drowsy state furrowed his eyebrows and said, "Just five more minutes. I'll be good, just five more minutes."

Soohee was trying to hold in her laughter and couldn't help but smile. "Yah, sleepyhead, wake up~" she tried again.

Kihyun managed to sit up, but his eyes were still closed. He was still asleep, but he was sitting up instead of laying his head on the table. 

Soohee poked his arm and said, "Wake up!!"

Kihyun seemed to be dreaming or misheard and said, "Okay okay, one more kiss," puckering his lips. 

Soohee laughed at how he looked like a fish. She took a picture really quick before putting her hand to his lips. He smiled stupidly and Soohee gave him a few slaps. He then opened his eyes and said, "W-What? What's going on?"

Soohee laughed at him and even showed him the picture she took of him, laughing even more when he got all flustered at how he looked.

He eventually got up to go to his class but said, "You better delete that!" as he was walking away. Soohee dismissed him with a wave of her hand and walked the opposite direction to the front of the school where she would wait for Eunwoo. 

As Soohee had just walked out past the front gate, she felt a hand intertwine their fingers with hers. Shocked, she looked to her left to see Eunwoo, smiling at her. 

"How was class?" he casually asked, swinging their hands.

Flustered, Soohee tried responding, "I-I uh it w-was uhh h-hello um class was uh g-good yea."

Smiling brightly at her, he said, "That's great! Class was pretty boring. We only watched a video."

Unsure what to say, Soohee only nodded and continued to think about how he was just casually holding her hand like this even though they weren't a couple or anything. *Friends can hold hands like this, right?* she tried convincing herself. 

They walked all the way to Soohee's apartment, which was conveniently close by. Eunwoo was usually always around since he didn't like having to drive home, even though it was only a few minutes away. They walked into the apartment and Soohee quickly made an excuse to go to the bathroom before running off and closing the door to her bedroom. She lied down on her bed and took a deep breath. 

Today so far was a pretty good day. Unusual, but regardless, pretty good. And it would only get more interesting.

 

-----

Well well, what do we have here? Introducing the other friends of Soohee's: Seo Minji and the couple, MJ and Sora! Lot's of things are happening, and it only gets better! This is actually the chapter that contains my dream, but it's been expanded and thought-out. Everything else is just whatever happens now haha. Keep reading for more! Thank you!! Please comment and subscribe :D