drift compatibility

it's the little things

Seulgi and Jimin aren't very funny, their members think. Their humor combined rivals Jin's dad jokes to the worst degree, a doubly chaotic mess of second-hand embarrassment. But to each other, their shared sense of humor (or lack of it) is something that binds them.

They've come to accept and embrace it, and one of their favorite pasttimes together includes trying to one-up each other in cheesy lines.

"Seulgi-ah," Jimin affectionately starts one afternoon as they walk hand-in-hand. They're on an empty street near his dorm when he makes his move. Seulgi looks to him in warmth and anticipation. Will it be a compliment, a hug, a gift?

None of those. His eyes sparkle in determination. "You know, you're even worse than Jungkook when it comes to copying me..."

Seulgi knows where this is going. She'd won the last battle just a couple days ago, and he was set on having his revenge.

He looks at her, continuing on calmly as ever. "I debuted first. And then you debuted."

"Go on..." she insists. He takes the cue. As they walk further on, he recites a bulleted list of reasons he had prepared for the occasion.

"I had orange hair first, and then you had orange hair."

"I danced to I Need U first, and then you danced to it."

"I was no fun first, then your members claimed you were no fun."

"I posted about corn, and then you posted about corn."

"Seulgi-ah, when will you stop copying me?" He concludes with a teasing smirk.

She's grinning, but only half-prepared to adlib her way through retaliation. "Well, Jimin-ssi, don't you think you have it backwards?" she responds.

"I was born first, and then you were born a year later."

"I guess my existence was too irresistable, because I lived in Seoul first, and you followed me there after."

"I glanced at you first. But you glanced at me ten times as much."

"And I fell for you first, but in the end, you fell for me. Who's copying who?"

At this point, the both of them are all eyesmiles and they stop in their tracks. Jimin lets go of her hand and crouches down, his head facing the concrete as he's overcome with second-hand embarrassment.

Her condition isn't much better and her hands are up to her face in shame, covering it completely, mortified by the lines she had just spoken. She can't believe the words that had come out of .

They laugh together in an attempt to air out the humiliation, and a couple moments later they recover, back to walking arm-in-arm.

Jimin flashes a seemingly defeated smile and sighs. "Ah, you won again..."

She's b with triumph, but is caught off-guard--he's actually not done yet.

Within the next moment, she's pinned against the wall as he delivers the cheesiest line he's ever heard from one of her favorite dramas.

They lose it once more, with Jimin dropping to his knees and Seulgi facing the other way, hands clutching her cheeks, their ears both a deep red. He'd won.

From the third floor of the building, Jungkook steps back from the living room window and sighs, half bemused but entirely unsurprised. He had been watching them since their familiar voices came from around the corner.

Jin peeks out from the kitchen corridor. "They at it again?"

"Yeah."

 


Hi, sorry I didn't mention this before but I was born to make people cringe. wow OK if you managed to read to the end of this without skipping, I sincerely thank you (but how did you do it???)

I imagine this being set a year or two later when things have settled down a bit (...tbh I don't see that being very likely but y'know!!). Idk you guys I woke up today remembering "I was born in Busan first!!!1" and then this happened. And if you don't know the ref, it's from this bomb where Jimin jokes that Jungkook has been copying him lately.

Also thank you for subscribing sjhsdkjhf ;_;!!