birthday wish

it's the little things

11:11. The girls are back in their hotel rooms, and Seulgi is already tucked in bed. She closes her eyes as she always does. Usually she'd clasp her hands and intertwine her fingers but this once, her phone is included in the routine, snugly held in place between her hands as she prays.

She normally wishes for happiness and good health unto her friends and family but tonight she decides to ask for one more. It doesn't have to be a hug, a kiss, or anything deep, really, she just wants a birthday wish from the boy who happened to make her Christmas. 

Minutes pass, and then some. And then some more. It's been nearly twenty-four hours since she's turned 24 and even though her birthday isn't over just yet, she feels dejected. Her first love is over before it began. She tenses up trying to hold back potential tears; shifts in her bed, raising the covers a little higher over her body.

Aside from the rustling of her covers, the room is dead quiet, mirroring the mood. Wendy is on the bed adjacent to hers, the nightstand and lamp being the only things separating the two. She looks to Seulgi with knowing, partly apologetic eyes.

Seulgi never asks for anything, and Wendy wishes she would. So when Seulgi's face gradually started lighting up, her energy and presence and entire being following, Wendy was delighted. It was strange and exciting playing witness to a blossoming love, but she'd caught a glimpse or two of the boy in question and came to support them both.

Unfortunately, Wendy hadn't been the only one to notice. Public attention followed, and while reactions were generally mild, rumors circulated enough to travel back to the two's ears. That was precisely the problem. At the end of the day, no one could really blame Jimin if he felt like distancing himself, although it'd be disappointing. Wendy opens , prepared to comfort her dear friend when a buzz breaks the silence. Seulgi's eyes widen, the phone screen illuminating her face.

Seulgi-ssi.
I'm sorry this is late TT Happy birthday!

11:57PM

Seulgi slowly brings a hand up to to mask her slight gasp. Wendy inches closer, observing her friend's reaction: a smile--a bright one--and the ever-innocent squeal and several excited kicks to the covers. While it was just a normal message, Seulgi understood the significance: he wouldn't be going anywhere.

And just like that, he had made her birthday, too.

 


I wanted to write something for her birthday yesterday but that never happened ): This turned out differently from what I expected, but anyway, here it is! Also, thank you always for the sweet comments and subs! I usually struggle thinking of what to write in response but I really appreciate it.