Seven.

HOW I MET YOU

Eleanor Rose

England.

My mother does not let go of my hand since we departed from home to the airport. Daddy had faint eyes, much more telling me that I need to be safe in Korea. I don’t really think to much as I am beyond exited to meet Yoon after few years. 

“Don’t walk outside without your coat.” Said Mummy for the million times. 

“Yes, Mummy. I said obediently. Daddy was standing besides me holding my backpack.

“Do you bring the notebook?” He said while giving me back my backpack. The call for my flight was announced five minutes ago. And I need to rush to the gate. 

I nodded. Mummy gave me one final hug. Daddy joined after a while watching us being emotional and three of us forming an emotional circle at the entrance of the departure area. 

“Be safe. We love you.” Dad said to be and blow me a kiss in the air. I felt like I was a kid who my parents send me for a field trip.

“Both of you, too. I love you.” I said. And I rushed to the departure gate as I have only 20 minutes for boarding. 

 

//

 

Seoul, Korea.

 

After the band practices, he rushed back home. It’s 6 in the evening and he was already nervous. Her bedroom for the next 7 days was already prepared by his sister this morning. He doesn’t know how to describe his feeling today. It was overwhelming. The practices were smooth for 3 hours, and that’s one kind of a miracle. 

 

He got home by the usual bus, and get change for heading back out to the airport. Eleanor will arrive at 8pm tonight and surely he doesn’t want to be late. Even for a second. 

 

“You want to pick her up?” Yoona, his sister appeared from the kitchen. 

 

“Yeah, I don’t think we will eat at home.” He said, tying up his shoes at the living hall. He took his helmet from the shelves, and another one for Eleanor.

 

“You gonna go with that?” Yoona was in disbelief, standing in front of his brother who was ready to head out. 

 

“Oh, you know I hate traffic jams.” He smirked. “I go first!” He said with excitement. 

 

//

 

Eleanor Rose

 

“To all our visitors, welcome to our beautiful country. And to all Koreans, welcome home.” 

 

The last announcement from the pilot really gave me chills.  Its like I was really arrived in my home country. The feels from the words went straight into my heart. The notebook I was holding, I read it through the night. 

 

At first, I was just to kill time for my 14 hours direct flight from London, but the content of the book really makes me crying on my seat. It was a book of my journey. From the day I was being adopted by my parents. The day I came from Korea to England. I walked into my parents life when they were losing hope for having a child. They traveled to Korea for a healing trip, but ended up adopting me. 

 

I don’t have much information about my biological parents. Even Mummy doesn’t really sure about them because I was adopted at the Social Welfare Department in Korea. I was only 3 months old. 

 

I don’t know why Mummy and Daddy asked me to bring this along. I will be there for only 7 days, literally 1 week. 

 

Maybe I will find them, but not this time. I cannot betray my parents at this moment. 

 

I was the last one who walked out from the aircraft. All the 300 passengers on-board were already left. I smiled at the cabin crew and bowed as she bowed to me. 

 

“Thank you, it was a great flight.” I said. 

 

The smell from the airport was far enough to compare with Heathrow. Suddenly, I felt homesick because all I saw was Asians, not White or Black people who always fill up the area. I passed through the custom very easy as I can communicate well with the officer. I don’t have to wait for my luggage as I am just carrying my 50L backpack. 

 

I walked through the crowd, looking for an exit entrance. My phone was out of service and I really hope Yoon was there at the arrival gate, or else I need to find a better wifi spot to contact him. 

 

My eyes were bewildered looking around to find Yoon. I would be angry with myself if I forget his face. I studied his face more than 10 hours on-board, in case I can’t find him in the crowd. 

 

Banners were hanging high up and i didn’t see him within the banners. I walked out calmly to the exit entrance, hoping for a better wifi or any roaming service. I looked at the people who come and go. I really hope Yoon doesn’t forget to pick me up. 

 

“Excuse me,” Someone said to me, asking me to get out of the way because the car who came to pick him up stopped in front of me. I bowed for apologising and ended up at the corner of the pick-up area. 

 

10 minutes later, a matte black Ducati Diavel stole the crowd for its loud engine sound. I did not bother to watch it at first, but I ended up held up my head as it stopped right in front of me. 

 

It was a man with a jeans jacket with a t-shirt underneath, a skinny long jeans matches with a pair of black Adidas sneakers. I saw a smirk inside the helmet through the visor, which makes me chill down to my spine. 

 

I quickly carried my backpack again and get ready to run. He gave me his helmet without opened up the visor, making things more awkward and intense. Whatever this man would do to me after this, I am ready to run far or shout out loud. There are more Tourist policers around here, and I am not ashamed to shout for attentions. 

 

“What?” I said in Korean, very informal and sounded so rude. I slide up his visor out of anger. 

 

“Hey!” I screamed, in joy. I never knew Yoon would do this. It was Yoon after all, trying to have some jokes on me. Gladly, I studied his face more than 10 hours on-board so I did recognised his face quickl

“I miss you!” I said, literally in Korean. I don’t know I have the ability to switch the languages that quickly.

We hugged for a while and he gave me a smirked. “Oh, you’re Korean?” 

“From the blood!” I said. “You really picking me up with this?” I asked, looking at his badass super bike. He didn’t get up from his bike even right now. 

“Oh, traffic jams!” He said, and gave me the helmet he was holding all the time

“Luckily I didn’t wear any skirts!” 

“I know you would just bought one bag only. You won’t be more fancier than this.” 

Both of us laugh hysterically. 

I just wore it without asking much. Gladly I wore jeans and just coats and t-shirt. And luckily I brought along just a backpack. 

“You okay there?” He asked, glancing for a while at me behind him.

“Yeah!” I said. “Don’t drive too fast!” I reminded. We were cruising  out from the pick up area until we were on the highway.

“Get ready, okay!” He suddenly shouted and speed up. 

“Hey! Don’t go too fast!” 

But we ended up speeding through every car on the highway. I just can pray for our safety and I held tight both of my hands on him. 

It’s gonna be a fun trip. It will.