Six

HOW I MET YOU

He was sitting on the couch, without turning the TV on. The house was so quiet, until he felt like he might go crazy. He starred at the spaces in front of him. The apartment seems dead to him.

Her clothes, her sewing machine, her shoes, he dreamcatchers hanging on every corner of the wall, they’re all gone. The apartment seems dead because nothing much could help to cheer the home again.

He holds the letter that he had read and wandering where the mistakes is. Few days ago, they’re all good. He cooked her favorite abalone pasta, he off to work and when he came back from the hospital; he saw she was sewing on her sewing machine.

Shin stood up and walked to his room. The duvet has change colors. It’s all white again. No more symmetrical patterns that makes people head went dizzy just by starring at it. His workstation was dull without colorful notes on the wall memo. No more flowers around the room.

He opened up the closet slowly and scanned through it. She left with all her clothes. The closet seems empty in it. There’s on his working clothes, few plain and boring shirts and few t-shirts to wear casually at home. He slammed the closet’s door, getting angry just by looking at it.

He saw the picture of him and her inside a frame on his workstation and all he does was slammed the frame on the floor and broke it.

As broken as his heart.

A sudden anger was burning inside him, making him stomping to the kitchen and slammed the 1998 wine bottle he just bought and a cake to the floor. It’s all for celebration their first anniversary tonight.

She doesn’t know how he works his off just to be early tonight. She doesn’t know how struggle he went through the traffic to go back home.

And she doesn’t know how broken his heart is when she left him just a piece of paper.

Heo Shin doesn’t stop right there. He started to scream, walked around the house and smashed over everything. He picked up her favorite mug and smashed it together on the floor. He went to the wall at the living area and smashed all the frames that left their photos together. He kept on smashing things, until the home doesn’t feel like a home anymore.

He stops at the bathroom, looking at his own sad, devastated, tired, broken and angry face. He doesn’t like it. He straightly went to the mirror and punched it few times until the mirror was totally broken.

He was tired. He sits, in front of the bathroom crying over what happen with his left hand drowns in his own blood.

 

I dont know if you still realized all your mistakes to me.

Apparently, I 've find someone else to fill up this loneliness you build for me.

Good luck on your future.

Goodbye and I hope I won't see you again.

Sooyeon.