Three

HOW I MET YOU

Heo Shin

 

I woke up with the scents of brewed coffee from the kitchen. I woke up lazily with a smirked in my mouth as I saw clothes were everywhere on the floor. I picked it up one by one, put it aside and walked into the closets.

A t-shirt and sweatpants should be enough.

I strolled out straight to the kitchen to see Sooyeon preparing something on the kitchen island. Our eyes met, and paused, then continued to laugh. My apartment was filled with a very good laugh from us.

“Morning beauty,” I hugged her from behind while the other hand was reaching a strip of bacon that she was cooking.

“I’ll deduct one from your plate.” She said without looking. I kept on chewing the bacon on my hand. I gave her a kiss on her cheek and she quickly blushed.

“Wow! That’s so fast!” I said, laughing out loud and went out from the kitchen area. Hyeri looked at me, not looking but starring like she wanted to kill me so bad.

“You don’t have to start it,” she warned while her hand was very quick setting up the table for our breakfast.

“You’re amazing last night. I didn’t believe it was you.” I commented and she quickly blushed. I really loved when her cheeks turned into pink.

But I know she played it cool. She took a sit in front of me, pouring juices in our glass and gave it to me. “Your expectation was quite low for me huh?”

 I shook my head, in denied. “You’re the most amazing person I ever met,”

I winked.

Sooyeon tied up her brunette colored hair into a bun, exposing her milky-white long neck which I found it was smell nice last night. I kept the thought myself, and crunching down the hash browns she made with those bacon strips.

“Mum and dad will come tonight, I need to fetch them at the airport.” She announced, making me held my head up as I was busy looking at my schedule. Looking at her face right now, I really think that she wants me to go too, to fetch her parents to come over our home.

“I need to meet our wedding planner also.” She said. I went down to my phone, looking at it again to double check on the schedule.

“Okay, I don’t have anything important today.” I said. “But, I need to be on-call on midnight.”

She stood up and tiptoed to me, landed her but on my tights and I waited for her actions. “Promise?”

I nodded.

“I love you.” She said, giving a light kiss on my cheek. I pay her back, with a very warmth and sincere kiss from me. She went down, walked to her seat and we settled down the breakfast. I don’t do much on Sunday. I just laying around with Sooyeon in bed and went to the hospital on midnight. That’s the routine, if the hospital didn’t call me for any serious emergency.

I help her doing some chores; wiping the sliding doors and windows, mopping the whole living room and doing a pile stock of a week’s laundry. We went to the guest room, cleaned up all the dusts and set it up for her parents to come.

After three hours struggling doing every chores that I hate it, but find it very pleasure to do it with her, I went to the kitchen and gulped some juices before entering the living room and smashed down my body onto the sofa.

“Do you want me to cook or we just make an order?” she asked and still with a broom on her hand.

“I’ll make the call. You must be tired.” I said and quickly grabbed my phone that was on the coffee table. She smiled, and went back to our room.

I’ve done ordering Chinese style lunch sets for us two. Sooyeon came out from our room with her changed outfit. She wrapped her hair with her towel way up high and walked to me.

“I don’t know you open an ice-cream shop.” I uttered, waiting for the foods to come just in minutes. She sat down next to me, grabbed the remote control and quickly changed the channel.

“You need to have a shower. You smell like a pig.” She slurred, and I was very didn’t expect that. I held my hands high, sniffing my own armpit which she claimed smelled like a pig. Suddenly I felt it would be very fun and enjoyable moment when I could shove her face with my own armpit for her to smell it. I gently headlock her head, making her sniffed the entire armpit.

“YOU’RE VERY DEAD SHIN! I HATE YOU!”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA”

“I HATE YOU!”

“I LOVE YOU!”

“RELEASE ME RIGHT NOW OR YOU SLEEP OUTSIDE!”

“WHAT? I CAN’T HEAR YOU!”

Now tell me how I’m going to hate her?

I love you, Kim Sooyeon.