First Meeting

Delightful Diversion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time Nayeon and Chanyeol arrived at the school gate, it was already time for first period.

“Miss Im. Thank you for gracing us a minute earlier with your presence, I hope tomorrow, you’ll honor us on time” The teacher said when Nayeon opened the door. “ Ah, Yes, Sorry teacher” She hurriedly went to her seat.

Chanyeol followed behind her. “And who would you be? Student, what is your name?” he asked Chanyeol.

“Ah. Hello teacher, I am Park Chanyeol” he said his name slowly with emphasis on every syllable. He heard the gasped of the students when they heard his name.  Even their teacher stilled with the mention of it. He expected the students to start gossiping but everyone were still silent and he was merely told to find a seat.

I guess ahjussi did what I asked him.

During class, his mind kept wandering. He hated going to class, he never really had much enthusiasm in studying either. Unconsciously, he scanned the room to look for Nayeon. She was sitting on the other side of the room and was clearly focused on the lesson. Behind her was a girl who was glaring at him. He expected some reaction from the other students but hers was the opposite of what he expected.

What did I ever do to her? How dare she looks at me like that. He shrugged off the girl’s look and checked out his other classmates, many of the girls, even guys, looked like they were waiting for him to look their way. The moment he looked at any girl, they giggle. Aaah. I bet most of them already heard about me being some rich heir. Annoyed. He couldn’t help but glance back at Nayeon who still paid no attention to him.

When the bell rang, Nayeon quickly went to his side pulling the girl who was still glaring at him.

“Chanyeol. This is Jihyo.” She introduced the girl with big brown eyes.

“Jihyo. He’s Chanyeol. He’s the one I mentioned last night.” It looked to Chanyeol that Jihyo was still contemplating how to react.

Jihyo turned to look at Nayeon and held her hands “Nayeon-ah, don’t you know who..”

Oh . Chanyeol quickly stood up and placed his arms around Nayeon’s shoulder “Nice to meet you Jihyo, let’s be friends, okay?” He prolonged the last word just so Jihyo could get the message.  

“Do I know who? What’s wrong Jihyo?” Nayeon was oblivious with the secret exchange that was happening between Chanyeol and Jihyo.

“Ani. I already forgot what I was about to say… lets just get something to eat” Smiling, Jihyo carefully took off Chanyeol’s arm without Nayeon noticing and replacing it with hers.

“Okay. Come on Chanyeol. You come with us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter