First Lie

Delightful Diversion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon caught up with her classmates. It seemed that all of them were already tipsy from drinking and were already well acquainted with each other. kids with powerful parents really are different huh. They can break the law without worries, we aren’t even allowed to drink yet but this place is still serving alcoholic drinks.

Nayeon looked around and saw that the class was divided into 3 groups, one group was singing their hearts out which was where Jihyo and Chaeyoung were, one was having fun flirting with each other, Sana was there, and the last group was just sitting on the sofa handing out drinks to the others and were just chilling. Nayeon opted to just stay with the last group since she can barely hold a drink and she’s not drunk enough to sing in front of her new classmates. She was with Mina in the sofa when she was introduced to her other classmates Jinyoung, Jaebum, Jungkook, Sorn, Yoo jung, and Jung Yeon. Nayeon was having fun chatting up and getting to know the others when Jihyo finally noticed her and came to her side.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were already here?” Jihyo sat beside Nayeon.

“You looked so happy singing in front, I did not want to disturb you”

Jihyo kept looking around the room like she was looking for someone. “So where’s your new friend huh? Did she already ditch you after knowing you for an hour?” She looked at Nayeon as if she was an investigator in an interrogating room. She glared at Nayeon and did not dar to blink.

“Oh he went home, I think. Before we got here, his mom called him and just like that he forgot about me and left. You’ll just meet him tomorrow” Nayeon nonchalantly responded.

“But who is he? How do you know each other? Wait!!! He’s a he?!” Jihyo genuinely looked surprise but she was actually glad Nayeon was able to gain a new friend on her own. After everything that Nayeon has been through for the past year, it’s a miracle that Nayeon would even have the strength to be open with anyone anymore.

“In just a day, you already have a new friend. I’m sad.” Jihyo said while pouting her lips

“oh hoh, someone’s drunk. Don’t be over dramatic Jihyo. Aren’t we meeting new friends right now? Basically, just a day passed.” Nayeon was actually having a hard time adjusting to the environment. She was having a hard time conversing and being friendly with her other classmates. When they ask her questions, it takes a lot of strength from her to even answer their question truthfully, especially when their questions are personal.

Jihyo was still pouting at Nayeon when she continued throwing her questions about her new found friend “But tell me about him then. Answer my questions”

“Ani. I’ll tell you tomorrow. I doubt you’ll remember anything I say tonight.”

 

While in bed, Nayeon thought about her day and her new friend. She was glad that she finally found someone that shares that same situation as her. She does feel a sense of familiarity from him but before she can even figure it out, the memory seems to slip away. She looked at the apartment that she occupies now. Its smaller than the usual studio type, it has only one partition and that is for the bathroom, the rest of the area is open, the bedroom is also the living room and the dining room.

This past year was hard for her, aside from the small room that she now considers home, the biggest change is that she now lives alone. She had to take multiple part time jobs just so she can live and survive. There were even weeks that she would live off of noodles and kimchi just to keep herself from starving.

Her circumstance sometimes overwhelms her to the point that she thought of taking Jihyo’s offer of not only taking care of her tuition fees but also of having to live with her, she can’t deny the advantages

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter