First Bowl of Noodles

Delightful Diversion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time class ended, everyone was already prepared to leave and have a good time. Nayeon, however, was on the fence knowing that she still had to go to her part time job. Jihyo kept on forcing her to come with them as it is a good opportunity for them to observe their classmate and see whether they are sincere or not. Nayeon and Jihyo already had their fair share of bullies when they were younger so they know now that they should choose their friends wisely and to be more cautious with everyone. Apart from that, Jihyo also wanted to spend a good time with Nayeon since this is the first time they saw each other after summer.

“Jihyo, I will follow, I promise. Just text me the bar and I’ll go there as soon as possible.”

“But Nayeon, you can just absent today you know, Taecyon-ssi will understand”

“All the more reason that I need to ask permission from him. I don’t want to take advantage of him. He deserves so much more respect than that”

“Okay. But promise me, you’ll follow okay?”

“Okay”

“I’ll text you the address of the noraebang place”

Nayeon bid goodbye to her classmates and informed them that she will just follow. All of them left after that.

 

On her way to the noodle shop where she worked, Nayeon noticed a guy wearing the same uniform as her just sitting at the bench near the bridge. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts. She noticed that he seemed to be caressing his stomach. Huh. Maybe his hungry? Seeing how skinny he is, I bet he does not have much food to eat. Just leave him alone Nayeon, you don’t have to be bothered because of him.

Before passing the guy, Nayeon took a peak at him. She thought that he looked sad. Uugh. Why am I so nice? Slowly, she approached the boy. “Hi” the sound of her made the voice look up.

He just sat there staring at her.  Nayeon quickly became awkward because of the marbled eyes staring directly at her. Aah. He looks like a puppy. She was already set to leave, her back facing the boy. Then realization hit him. “Oh, its you”

“huh? What are you saying” Nayeon wondered what he meant by those words. Clearly, she does not know the guy. I would certainly remember if I befriend someone like him. He was handsome. He has a small face with a brown clean cut hair. His eyes were so round that he looks like a puppy when looking up. Just like in the animation movie Puss in Boots. Where could I have possibly met him? She took a clean 3 minutes before she remembered the incident earlier. She was having such a great time at school today she hardly remembered the guy she tried to save.

 “Oh. Its you!” You’re the student from earlier? Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Why didn’t you just enter the school grounds? You know, it was safer inside the school premises. You made the wrong choice there. Anyways, I am happy to see that you are fine.”

That’s funny, I made the wrong choice of not entering the school? If only you knew, the boy thought

Seeing that the guy was still silent, Nayeon concluded that he was only embarrassed because of what happened.

“I didn’t tell anyone about what happened today. So, you don’t have to be embarrassed to come to school tomorrow. Also, I noticed that no one was talking about the incident so I guess no one noticed. Don’t worry your secrets safe with me”

Chanyeol felt a tug of familiarity but before he could even process what it was, the girl spoke again. “Are you hungry? There is a nice noodle place I know. Do you want to come with me?” Chanyeol just kept on staring at her “don’t worry, I’ll pay for it if you do not have any money right now” Before Chanyeol could even protest that he was not poor and that he could afford the noodles, heck,  even the noodle place itself, the girl grabbed his wrist and pulled him.

 

 

This i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter